Credit Suisse Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

A CV shortlist, followed by a group discussion and personal interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2012.

Initially I got a call from some consulting agency which then passed on my resume to CS. The CS HR was very much adamant on getting my notice period reduced (a usual 2 month notice period). The funny thing was that they took 2 months to finish the whole interview process !! If they are really pressed for time what is the problem in wrapping up the interviews in a couple of weeks.

Anyway after a customary telephonic round I was called to their Hinjewadi office for a face to face round.Although I had a fixed appointment for 6.30 pm , I was made to wait for 1 hour ! The more disappointing fact was the quality of the interview. Keeping in mind the stature of CS,I expected at least some challenging questions from the panel, but they asked the easiest questions possible !(for example. for a credit risk profile , they asked the difference between credit risk and market risk, what is a derivative? - ae u kiddin me? where is the real stuff?) .

I tried discussing the proflie in detail but to my horror the guys (to be bosses or colleagues) didn't have much information to give.None of my queries were answered satisfactorily.

So after the easy yet unbereable round with the respected panel I was sent to meet their department head.He seemed to be a knowledgeable person , but he tried to sell something that seemed like an initiative that focused more on cost-saving rather than doing quality work.I was disappointed to know the level of engagement of their offshore centre and it appeared that they are just bodyshopping people to do menial work , so that they can bill their clients!

Interview Questions

There were many reasons to decline this offer:
    1) I wouldn't want to sign up to do donkey-work.
    2) I wouldn't want to work with people who don't know what they are doing of hiring for!
    3) If their interview process is so easy, how many sub-standard applicants would they have hired till now. I shudder at this thought.
    4) Last but not the least the salary they offered was laughable. Although they boasted of a 'great profile' and expected me to work late ,they were not able to offer attractive renumeration. That is another proof that the profile is not as good as they boast! Otherwise they would offer better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

Interviews were one on one.I had four personal interviews, the people seemed to be nice.The work culture is not all that great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2011.

A general group discussion which was proceeded by selective elimination into two panels of interview vaguely HR and Technical respectively

Interview Questions
    • Is depreciation as asset or liability?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

On-campus interview followed by 3-4 interviews on-site (travel paid for by CS)

They gave you 2 weeks to decide on yes or no

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Poor HR process. Called me 2 weeks after application for a few minutes 'chat' but turns out to be an interview. I then stopped her and asked to rearrange the interview (as I had forgotten what the role was looking for. She replied that thats fine shall rearrange for Friday. Then 20 minutues after call I recevied an e-mail saying that my application is rejected. How unprofessional!

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

3 rounds of telephonic interview were held (Reporting Managers, Peer Managers, Director)
    Each round lasted for an hour
    Lot of questions asked related to previous experience, domain knowledge, project management
    Attitude was determined based on the responses to scenario questions
    Interviewers were highly experienced, knowledgeable and professional in their approach
    Discussion set very high expectation on the job
    High expectation was set on the growth and opportunities

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation as no HR was involved. I got an offer from a vendor and they said no negotiation entertained. Wrong information on the performance review process was made by the vendor. But when joined there was no performance review through out my stay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Fairly simple, resume based questions, nothing too analytical. You need good communication skills and a good personality to crack this interview.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2011.

Walk me through your resume. Give me your global macro. Explain the 2008 debt crisis. Why you? Why Credit Suisse? Tell me about a time when you acted as a leader.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2011.

There were three half hour 1:1 interviews. Everyone I met was incredibly nice and open. They encouraged me to talk about myself and previous experience, and walked me through problems. The problems were of mild difficulty. At the end of the process, we had a group challenge. There were two teams, each had about 5 people. We had to bring a bridge that had to meet specific requirements out of duct tape and newspaper. It was a very fun experience. And there was a ton of wining and dining. The company culture is great though I think they could raise the bar on the candidates they accept.

Interview Questions

I had a great summer as an intern but ultimately decided to decline a full time offer. The pay was not competitive. And the level of people that they hired could've been much higher had they set that bar so I really wasn't being challenged enough by my peers.