Credit Suisse Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 21 Feb 2015
Updated 21 Feb 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

A CV shortlist, followed by a group discussion and personal interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Pune) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially I got a call from some consulting agency which then passed on my resume to CS. The CS HR was very much adamant on getting my notice period reduced (a usual 2 month notice period). The funny thing was that they took 2 months to finish the whole interview process !! If they are really pressed for time what is the problem in wrapping up the interviews in a couple of weeks.

Anyway after a customary telephonic round I was called to their Hinjewadi office for a face to face round.Although I had a fixed appointment for 6.30 pm , I was made to wait for 1 hour ! The more disappointing fact was the quality of the interview. Keeping in mind the stature of CS,I expected at least some challenging questions from the panel, but they asked the easiest questions possible !(for example. for a credit risk profile , they asked the difference between credit risk and market risk, what is a derivative? - ae u kiddin me? where is the real stuff?) .

I tried discussing the proflie in detail but to my horror the guys (to be bosses or colleagues) didn't have much information to give.None of my queries were answered satisfactorily.

So after the easy yet unbereable round with the respected panel I was sent to meet their department head.He seemed to be a knowledgeable person , but he tried to sell something that seemed like an initiative that focused more on cost-saving rather than doing quality work.I was disappointed to know the level of engagement of their offshore centre and it appeared that they are just bodyshopping people to do menial work , so that they can bill their clients!

Interview Questions

There were many reasons to decline this offer:
    1) I wouldn't want to sign up to do donkey-work.
    2) I wouldn't want to work with people who don't know what they are doing of hiring for!
    3) If their interview process is so easy, how many sub-standard applicants would they have hired till now. I shudder at this thought.
    4) Last but not the least the salary they offered was laughable. Although they boasted of a 'great profile' and expected me to work late ,they were not able to offer attractive renumeration. That is another proof that the profile is not as good as they boast! Otherwise they would offer better.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviews were one on one.I had four personal interviews, the people seemed to be nice.The work culture is not all that great

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai) in October 2011.

Interview

A general group discussion which was proceeded by selective elimination into two panels of interview vaguely HR and Technical respectively

Interview Questions

• Is depreciation as asset or liability?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by 3-4 first round interviews with Analysts, Associates, Ops/Compliance, and Managing Director of office. Depending of if you are being hired to ultimately go into a business development role/Associate role, or you are hired to do pure analytics, client-facing, admin work. You will be interviewed the same as a Relationship Associate (admin focused), Ops/Compliance (back office), or Associate (business development).

Interview Questions

• Why Credit Suisse? Why Private Banking? What are your 5-10 year goals? Tell me about a time you worked in a team. What do you think about the current market environment? What is your experience with high-pressure, time-sensitive situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Leveraged past experience. Analysts get paid $50-70k base, depending on experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On-campus interview followed by 3-4 interviews on-site (travel paid for by CS)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave you 2 weeks to decide on yes or no

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Poor HR process. Called me 2 weeks after application for a few minutes 'chat' but turns out to be an interview. I then stopped her and asked to rearrange the interview (as I had forgotten what the role was looking for. She replied that thats fine shall rearrange for Friday. Then 20 minutues after call I recevied an e-mail saying that my application is rejected. How unprofessional!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview were held (Reporting Managers, Peer Managers, Director)
    Each round lasted for an hour
    Lot of questions asked related to previous experience, domain knowledge, project management
    Attitude was determined based on the responses to scenario questions
    Interviewers were highly experienced, knowledgeable and professional in their approach
    Discussion set very high expectation on the job
    High expectation was set on the growth and opportunities

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation as no HR was involved. I got an offer from a vendor and they said no negotiation entertained. Wrong information on the performance review process was made by the vendor. But when joined there was no performance review through out my stay

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Fairly simple, resume based questions, nothing too analytical. You need good communication skills and a good personality to crack this interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2011.

Interview

Walk me through your resume. Give me your global macro. Explain the 2008 debt crisis. Why you? Why Credit Suisse? Tell me about a time when you acted as a leader.