Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details A CV shortlist, followed by a group discussion and personal interviews.

Interview Question – Everything about finance.   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

Interview Details Interviews were one on one.I had four personal interviews, the people seemed to be nice.The work culture is not all that great

Interview Question – Why not consulting   Answer Question

Pune

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2012.

Interview Details Initially I got a call from some consulting agency which then passed on my resume to CS. The CS HR was very much adamant on getting my notice period reduced (a usual 2 month notice period). The funny thing was that they took 2 months to finish the whole interview process !! If they are really pressed for time what is the problem in wrapping up the interviews in a couple of weeks.

Anyway after a customary telephonic round I was called to their Hinjewadi office for a face to face round.Although I had a fixed appointment for 6.30 pm , I was made to wait for 1 hour ! The more disappointing fact was the quality of the interview. Keeping in mind the stature of CS,I expected at least some challenging questions from the panel, but they asked the easiest questions possible !(for example. for a credit risk profile , they asked the difference between credit risk and market risk, what is a derivative? - ae u kiddin me? where is the real stuff?) .

I tried discussing the proflie in detail but to my horror the guys (to be bosses or colleagues) didn't have much information to give.None of my queries were answered satisfactorily.

So after the easy yet unbereable round with the respected panel I was sent to meet their department head.He seemed to be a knowledgeable person , but he tried to sell something that seemed like an initiative that focused more on cost-saving rather than doing quality work.I was disappointed to know the level of engagement of their offshore centre and it appeared that they are just bodyshopping people to do menial work , so that they can bill their clients!

Interview Question – What is VaR   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There were many reasons to decline this offer:
1) I wouldn't want to sign up to do donkey-work.
2) I wouldn't want to work with people who don't know what they are doing of hiring for!
3) If their interview process is so easy, how many sub-standard applicants would they have hired till now. I shudder at this thought.
4) Last but not the least the salary they offered was laughable. Although they boasted of a 'great profile' and expected me to work late ,they were not able to offer attractive renumeration. That is another proof that the profile is not as good as they boast! Otherwise they would offer better.

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2011.

Interview Details A general group discussion which was proceeded by selective elimination into two panels of interview vaguely HR and Technical respectively

Interview Question – Is depreciation as asset or liability?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details On-campus interview followed by 3-4 interviews on-site (travel paid for by CS)

Interview Question – Why are you here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave you 2 weeks to decide on yes or no

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details Poor HR process. Called me 2 weeks after application for a few minutes 'chat' but turns out to be an interview. I then stopped her and asked to rearrange the interview (as I had forgotten what the role was looking for. She replied that thats fine shall rearrange for Friday. Then 20 minutues after call I recevied an e-mail saying that my application is rejected. How unprofessional!

Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2008.

Interview Details The phone interview was in the standard "big company" format, followed by a "personality" test to see if align with the core values. Second interview was with future line manager and with the HR person from the phone interview. Third was with the line manager's superior, followed by interview with future team members. All went pretty well, except that the HR person turned out incompetent in terms of dealing with permit clarifications and tried to put the blame on me. That person is no longer with the comany as the same mistakes were repeated with the next new hire and the HR person tried to again blame the new employee and accuse of lying...

Interview Question – all standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was attractive, no negotiation followed

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details 3 rounds of telephonic interview were held (Reporting Managers, Peer Managers, Director)
Each round lasted for an hour
Lot of questions asked related to previous experience, domain knowledge, project management
Attitude was determined based on the responses to scenario questions
Interviewers were highly experienced, knowledgeable and professional in their approach
Discussion set very high expectation on the job
High expectation was set on the growth and opportunities

Interview Question – Scenario questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation as no HR was involved. I got an offer from a vendor and they said no negotiation entertained. Wrong information on the performance review process was made by the vendor. But when joined there was no performance review through out my stay

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details Fairly simple, resume based questions, nothing too analytical. You need good communication skills and a good personality to crack this interview.

Interview Question – You need a good answer for "Why Credit Suisse"   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2011.

Interview Details There were three half hour 1:1 interviews. Everyone I met was incredibly nice and open. They encouraged me to talk about myself and previous experience, and walked me through problems. The problems were of mild difficulty. At the end of the process, we had a group challenge. There were two teams, each had about 5 people. We had to bring a bridge that had to meet specific requirements out of duct tape and newspaper. It was a very fun experience. And there was a ton of wining and dining. The company culture is great though I think they could raise the bar on the candidates they accept.

Interview Question – What is a pivot table?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a great summer as an intern but ultimately decided to decline a full time offer. The pay was not competitive. And the level of people that they hired could've been much higher had they set that bar so I really wasn't being challenged enough by my peers.

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!