Crunch Fitness Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015
Updated 3 Apr 2015

2.6

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Took a 15 minute tour of the facility followed by a 30 minute informal interview. Hiring manager was very friendly however it was clear that they were driven by sales projections and meeting a monthly quota. Not much of an emphasis on employee development, it seemed more like a 'hustle' than anything else

Interview Questions

• How much can you grow your clientele roster in the first 30 days of employment?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (Woodbridge, NJ (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The phone interview was very fast I had to call them they did not remember to call me!!!!! The interviewer was very rushed honestly I don't know why? Very odd!!!!!

Membership Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

There was 3 interviews. 1 phone screen, Then GM of one of the clubs, Then interview with the VP of sales manager. Last meet, tour and interview with GM of the club potential club you would be working at. Then do all paper work they call your references and they will perform a background check,

Interview Questions

• Why is fitness important to you and do you have a passion for it.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an open day interview. I then proceed with a practical interview which I pass. Then I was texted the entire time regarding the next steps. I was never contacted by a professional HR personnel, but only by the manager who seems to have problem communicating professionally through email or accepting phone calls.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer - future manager, changed the entire practical interview by giving me a complete different time-frame, person to train, and requirement on the interview.   Answer Question

stay way, there are better gyms nearby.

To be a little more detailed. I did get and accept the job offer. I was 'texted' to join their training the next week. I never receive an official offer letter. Then, on Tuesday evening, I receive a last minute call to go to see my manager on Wednesday at 5pm. I was then given a 7 course certification to complete the same night, but still need to drive 2.5 hours to attend training (at a different location) the next day morning. After the commute hassle on Thursday, I decided it was not in my best interest to work with a entirely unprofessional company so I submitted my resignation, twice. After a week, the manager 'call' and left a voice mail telling me I was terminated?!?!

Bottom line: They attract you with "potential 100k earning", but this unprofessional-ism is just not worth it. A good trainer can get the same amount of income anywhere.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Carlsbad, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was thorough. I was asked several accounting questions to test my basic knowledge. I was interviewed by several people and got a real sense of the job and company

Membership Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and received a call on Monday for a Tuesday interview. When I arrived, I told the Front Desk employee who I was and who I was there to see. He told me the GM was with a potential member and to take a seat. I saw the GM go on a tour which lasted about 15 minutes. When he came back, he told me he was sorry and that he should be with me in a moment. While I waited, 3 employees approached me separately and we talked for a moment (all very friendly). After waiting for an hour, I decided to leave. About an hour later, the GM left me a voice mail apologizing and told me to call him back if I wanted to reschedule the interview. I thought this was very nice but did not to call him back. I understand that they were not properly staffed that day and wanted to get another member but I felt disrespected before an actual interview occurred. If this is how I was treated before an interview, I wonder how I would be treated as an employee.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Applied online via Crunch Fitness website. I was contacted shortly after from the Fitness Manager from the location I applied to. Interview was 1:1 and set a few days after the phone call. After the 1:1 interview, I was told there would be a 2nd round of interviews to be held.

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening used to gather information regarding my past experience, certifications, and availability. First interview was traditional in that we dug a littler deeper into my resume and personality; such as if I am a 'Team Player'. Second interview was practical application and a chance to showcase my skill set as an experienced and qualified trainer.

Interview Questions

• None were particularly difficult or unexpected. Truly an experience to be yourself.   Answer Question

Membership Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

You get a call within a week after you apply
    Dress dress-casual or dress for extra kudos.
    Set appointment for Interview at the gym. Giving you a taste of the environment.
    First you quickly interview with the General Manager (and the Assistant Manager/Lead Admin)
    Then you usually get a second interview with usually the Regional Manager or District Manager (or Franchise Owner).
    Then it'll take a while for a background check (that has never been case for a reneged job offer. I waited 2-3 weeks before starting.

Interview Questions

• The questions are easy, personal, and honest answers with gusto are preferred. The questions are up to the person asking and they usually gauge one's interest in the job, their ethics, and their attitude.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Answered a posting online on Craigslist for Crunch 34th Street. After a brief phone interview I was invited over the following week. The interview began promptly and lasted no more then 10 mins. It was all very basic questions such as why I want this job, etc... Afterwards, I received the job sales pitch from their advertisement. After that I was told, 'we will be touching base shortly' but never heard back.