Crunch Fitness Membership Advisor Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crunch Fitness

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in June 2014.

I applied online on a Friday and received a call on Monday for a Tuesday interview. When I arrived, I told the Front Desk employee who I was and who I was there to see. He told me the GM was with a potential member and to take a seat. I saw the GM go on a tour which lasted about 15 minutes. When he came back, he told me he was sorry and that he should be with me in a moment. While I waited, 3 employees approached me separately and we talked for a moment (all very friendly). After waiting for an hour, I decided to leave. About an hour later, the GM left me a voice mail apologizing and told me to call him back if I wanted to reschedule the interview. I thought this was very nice but did not to call him back. I understand that they were not properly staffed that day and wanted to get another member but I felt disrespected before an actual interview occurred. If this is how I was treated before an interview, I wonder how I would be treated as an employee.

Other Interview Reviews for Crunch Fitness

Membership Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Applied online, got an email invitation for an interview. Greated by the reception staff, asked to wait while having a chat to the friendly and happy staff. Then sat down with the CEO, (first crunch to open in Australia, now it's just the GM's that do the interviews) he asked me a few questions such as What I do when I'm stressed, an example of going above and beyond for customer service and what it means to me. Why I would be a good fit for the job, then had informal conversation about my travels and sporting history.

Interview Questions
    I recieved another call, this time from the new General Manager, just going over a few more things and saying they would love to have me on board and they have a staff meeting next week that all new employees should attend.

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in November 2012.

I interviewed with Mike, the General Manager. He was nice and pretty laid back like everyone else who seemed to work there. They even request that when you come in you wear normal clothes like how you would dress if you worked there, not interview clothes. My interview lasted maybe 45 mins to an hour, but I did ask a lot of questions at the end. Most of the questions he asked were personality type questions and being that I have no sales experience, it was pretty clear that they look for people who would be a good fit for the company and they are willing to train you. He pretty much told me at the end that he liked me and was going to have me come back for a 2nd interview. I ended up declining it later on because of the pay ($9/hr. and the rest is commission) and the distance for me was really far so overall it wasn't worth it. They also tell you that if you're earning $24,000/year then you're doing an average-ish job but they expect you to exceed your quotas every month. $45,000/year and up is kind of what they really expect from you, keeping in mind that it's almost all commission. If you have experience selling or you're naturally good at it, you could do really well, but if you're looking for a steady paycheck every month then this probably isn't the right position.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had no sales experience, I got put to the test. First test was "sell me this stapler" and he didn't really give in until I worked for it and wouldn't let him not "buy" it. Second test was that I had to go up to this girl who was sitting at a desk that worked there and "sell her on signing up for a Crunch membership/personal training/classes"   Answer Question

Too little pay to count on ($9/hr + commission) and too far for me to drive every day