Crytek

Updated 28 Feb 2015
Updated 28 Feb 2015

2.8

FX Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Crytek.

The company is simply awesome. I had applied and got an email from a recuiter,Crytek, Frankfurt stating they were interested and asked me if i could give a test. However i wasn't familiar with the software and they gave me ample amount of time to learn it and give the test. Although i couldn't make it but still it was a great experience for me. I'm glad and honoured they considered me. The recruiter is one of the best persons I've come across. They try their best to help and have no complaints doing it.Very supportive team indeed.

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crytek.

Took a couple of weeks to get started once i sent my application.

Had a first skype interview set up, but since this was for a regular position I didn't proceed. Fortunately another position (senior) opened up and we arranged another skype interview. This process was fairly fast but once i was told i could come over things begun to take time. Responses took 1-2 weeks and it was mostly delaying of flying me over for unknown reasons. Three months in i got told that they proceeded with another candidate.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crytek in December 2014.

The was not much an interview process, but working on test task. The checked out my background and asked to make a redesign of 2 pages(Cannot talk about what pages i had to redesign cause of NDA). I was pretty satisfied with communication experience and HR manages was super cool and friendly but something strange happened. I send test task i received strange answer. I know that there's so much candidates for this position and letters for candidates who did not passed may be pretty abstract, but they weren't. I received answer with some critics. And i can understand why they have to do it, but make sure that you sending letters to the right person. I was reading about mistakes, design solutions and techniques i didn't even made or used. That was dumb to read something so unrelated to test task i did. And when i asked HR how this even related to my project, she didn't answered. Fail.

Game Programmer Interview

C++, Algorithms, Software Engineering related questions

Interview Questions
    • Good understanding of multiple areas of software engineering and game development   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Basic and advanced knowledge of Software Engineering is required.
    From the different of Stack and Heap memory, to advanced quiz such as swapping very long string with lack of processing memory. If you offer to interview for this position, you should review all over your school notes.

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crytek in May 2012.

Was cool, very excited. I knew these before from an older company. So we already had trust in each other and what I could offer to the company. It was very relaxed and confident on both sides.

Game Designer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crytek in December 2010.

Phone interview, bunch of people on the phone, went fine. No problems. Not sure why I'm filling this out

Salary

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crytek.

Ich habe meinen Lebenslauf hingeschickt, wurde mehr als eine Woche später angerufen und zu einem Gespräch vor Ort eingeladen. Der Gesprächspartner hatte keine Ahnung, wie man ein Bewerbungsgespräch führt und hat die meiste Zeit selbst geredet oder Suggestivfragen gestellt. Es war extrem leicht, aber bedenklich. Positiv war, das der ganze Ablauf schnell ging.

I sent my CV, I was called over a week later for an one onsite interview, the interviewer had no idea how to interview and spent most of the meeting talking or asking leading questions. It was extremely easy, but concerning. On the plus side, the whole process was fast.

Interview Questions
    Crytek hat bei meinem Gehalt ganz schön gefeilscht. Ich ermutige zukünftige Bewerber, das zu verlangen, was sie wert sind, und nicht notwendigerweise nur das, was Crytek bereit ist, zu zahlen.

Spieleentwickler Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online – interviewed at Crytek.

Ich hatte ein erstes Bewerbungsgespräch am Telefon, einen Kodierungstest und ein Bewerbungsgespräch vor Ort. Die ersten beiden waren recht einfach, aber das persönliche Bewerbungsgespräch war lang und hart.

I had an initial phone interview, a coding test and an on-site interview. The first two were fairly easy, but the on-site interview was long and heavy.

Interview Questions
    • Man stellte mir eine Menge technischer Fragen (typische C++-Bewerbungsfragen), mit einigen tat ich mich schwer.   There were a lot of technical questions (typical C++ interview questions), some of them which I struggled with.   Answer Question

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt (Oder) (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt (Oder) (Germany)

(Translated from English)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Crytek.

Es begann mit einem 45-minütigen technischen Telefongespräch mit einigen ihrer Programmierer, die Fragen waren sehr spezifisch und konzentrierten sich auf den Bereich meiner Spezialisierung, aber nichts Überraschendes an dieser Stelle.

Danach wurde mir ein Programmiertest geschickt, und man gab mir eine Woche, ihn abzuschließen. Der Test war wirklich eine Herausforderung und kostete mich mehr als 10 Stunden wirklicher, harter Arbeit.

Danach flogen sie mich nach Frankfurt zu einem Gespräch vor Ort. Der Vorstellungsprozess dauerte fast 6 Stunden, er war sehr intensiv und beinhaltete mehrere in die Tiefe gehende Gespräche mit verschiedenen Leuten sowie einen Debugging-Test.

It started with a 45 mins technical phone interview with a few of their programmers, questions were very specific and focused in my area of speciality but nothing surprising here.

After that I was sent a programming test and given a week to complete it. The test was really challenging and took me over 10 hours of actual hard work to get it done.

After that they flew me to Frankfurt for onsite interview. The interview lasted nearly 6 hours, it was very intense and consisted several in-depth technical interviews with different people and a debugging test.

Interview Questions
    • Der Programmiertest war auf jeden anders als alle anderen Tests, die mir bis dahin begegnet waren, da er viel Zeit und Können erforderte.   The programming test was certainly unlike any other test I had come across before in an interview because of the amount of time and skill required.   Answer Question