Cummins

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Question – What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details Initially they will call you and take behavioral interview. Second round is a technical interview.

Interview Question – Tell me the things which you thought I should ask and I didn't ask?   Answer Question

Columbus, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details The "process", like all Cummins' processes is like a poorly planned game show with almost a complete lack of necessary verbal communications. There are lots of hoops and paperwork that lead up to several rounds of "interviews" that are structured to be both intimidating and confrontational. Unfortunately, I ignored many of these Red Flags for the lure of a better salary. It was not worth it.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. The participants obviously had been "assigned" the task of interviewing and had no genuine interest. Therefore, "the game" was simply to ask seemingly random or "canned" questions aimed more at trying to highlight the dominance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation? Are you kidding?

Interviewed at Cummins

Interview Details The process included a phone interview along with a in person panel interview.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details I first spoke with their recruiters during the career fair in my college. I was invited to interview with them the next day. The interview was behavioral and the recruiter noted my answers. He said they would be getting back to me regarding the next steps in a week. I did not get my second interview till after a month , there were some miss communication and I was even rejected once. So don't be surprised if things don't necessarily fall according to their timeline.

I was then called for a functional interview and was asked to go through my resume, this was a phone interview. It lasted about an hour and was given 15 mins to ask questions. I was then contacted with an offer after about two weeks.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral, resume questions. Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much non negotiable, but they make really good offers in the first place. Start date is very flexible for new grads as well.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details Phone interview then offer directly through email.

Interview Question – Not really difficult. Mostly why you want to do this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Most likely non negotiable

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cummins in September 2012.

Interview Details Behavioral interview with two interviewers, they went through 5 to 6 standard questions to you and let you ask one question about the company

Interview Question – tell me what you did in a situation where some body gave you can project without clear guidance   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in January 2008.

Interview Details Had a campus interview, waited for a 6 weeks to get a phone interview and after a week was invited for one on one. Given offer the same day

Interview Question – why do u wanna join   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – vacation days

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in September 2011.

Interview Details First I talked to the recruiters at my college job fair, where I went over my resume and past experiences. Signed up for an phone interview, which I did the next day. A few weeks later I went to an information session did an on campus interview with an engineer (an alumnus of the college).

Interview Question – what are your engineering experiences?   View Answers (3)

Columbus, IN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied through university. Within the same week , I was emailed by the recruiting team and it was a bunch of behavioral questions. The next week I was interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cummins

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!

Cummins Videos

Cummins – Why Work for Us?

• Cummins Inc. is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology globally. • We serve our customers through our network of 500 company-owned and independent… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cummins Engineering interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cummins employees and interview candidates.