Cummins Engineering Interview Questions

Updated 16 Mar 2015

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cummins (Phoneton, OH (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview from one of the HR guys, it involves behavorial question like "tell us a time when you have to make a difficult decision & how did you go about ir"...it was followed with a technical interview after a couple of weeks, the interviewer is one of the chief engineer & he concentrated his question on technical understanding of IC Engine...still expecting to hear frm then soon

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins (Stoughton, WI (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a contract position with Cummins Filtration. The position required a working knowledge of Pro/E Creo. I interview in person and was shown a presentation about what the facility did, and I was shown an example of the type of projects I would be working on if I were to be hired. They asked me about my experience with Pro/E. I also described a design project I worked on in some detail. There weren't many behavioral interview questions. That might have been because it was a contract position that needed to be hired asap to do mostly modeling. After my interview I was given a part to model in Creo. The engineer and the HR individual who interviewed me were amicable.

Interview Questions

• I was given an injected molded part and a caliper, and I was asked to model it to the best of my ability in a 30 minute period.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Questions

• What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Initially they will call you and take behavioral interview. Second round is a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the things which you thought I should ask and I didn't ask?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN (US)).

Interview

The "process", like all Cummins' processes is like a poorly planned game show with almost a complete lack of necessary verbal communications. There are lots of hoops and paperwork that lead up to several rounds of "interviews" that are structured to be both intimidating and confrontational. Unfortunately, I ignored many of these Red Flags for the lure of a better salary. It was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. The participants obviously had been "assigned" the task of interviewing and had no genuine interest. Therefore, "the game" was simply to ask seemingly random or "canned" questions aimed more at trying to highlight the dominance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation? Are you kidding?

Engineer Interview

Interview

The process included a phone interview along with a in person panel interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I first spoke with their recruiters during the career fair in my college. I was invited to interview with them the next day. The interview was behavioral and the recruiter noted my answers. He said they would be getting back to me regarding the next steps in a week. I did not get my second interview till after a month , there were some miss communication and I was even rejected once. So don't be surprised if things don't necessarily fall according to their timeline.

I was then called for a functional interview and was asked to go through my resume, this was a phone interview. It lasted about an hour and was given 15 mins to ask questions. I was then contacted with an offer after about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, resume questions. Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty much non negotiable, but they make really good offers in the first place. Start date is very flexible for new grads as well.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Phone interview then offer directly through email.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult. Mostly why you want to do this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Most likely non negotiable