D&B Interview Questions

2.9

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in August 2014.

I was intimated about a walk-in by a consultancy. It was at 10 AM . At 10:15 they started a written test for 1 hour within the bay.The questions were ambiguous and the pictures they had given were vague and not printed with good quality. After the test, they started verifying the answer, I could hear the persons talking while correcting the paper and it seemed that most of them did not know the answers to the questions and were struggling to verify the papers!. I lost any good impressions I had about the company. As I passed the written test, I faced a technical interview, which was also okay, but was told that if i were selected I would have to stretch times on most days. After I passed this level, I had a meeting with the manager who told me that it had a 8 hour culture, which confused me. After this round I had a meeting with the HR manager. After asking all details, he said he would get back to me on the next day and it has not happened and now it is few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If two persons in your team are performing equally good how will you rate them during the appraisal process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
    This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

National Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2010.

First step: HR Call.
    Second step: Flying down to Mumbai to meet SBU Head.
    Interview lasts for about 2 hrs.
    Step 3: Meet CEO for a brief discussion.
    Step 4: Negotiations with HR.
    Step 5. Arrangement to join.

Interview Questions
    • Being a Business Head will you be able to take care of employees because ultimately it is about taking care about their families.   Answer Question
    Could negotiate the salary.
    Advice to others: Be firm while asking and justify it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in December 2010.

Cold calling, telephonic round and than personal interview

Interview Questions
    • case study, idea to launch new product   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in June 2009.

Interview process consisted of one round of BA related questions followed by questions related to leadership skills.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in September 2014.

I submitted an application on a job site for the position which had a particular vertical. My resume clearly showed that I didn't possess that vertical experience but I have been successful in sales for 15 years. I met all the criteria required for the position and there was no mention of vertical experience as a requirement. The day after I applied for the position I received an email from recruiting for an interview. We scheduled the call and from the start it was one of the most vague and open-ended calls - more about trying to trip you up than being helpful; where you would be the luckiest person on earth to work there. And at the end the recruiter informed me that she would refer me to the hiring director who would most likely not pursue due to my lack of vertical experience. My question? Why given what my resume said, would I even be considered? Luckily I had received an offer from another company that afternoon. An hour of my life isn't all that bad but it was a waste of time.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in March 2013.

I had 5 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. The people were pleasant and open to any questions I had. Ultimately, I did not get the position but they told me they liked me so much they would keep me on file for future openings.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about what exactly I would do when I was in the company to help drive sales.   Answer Question

Was Good Money, But Too Stressful Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at D&B in April 2010.

I was contacted via telephone by an HR rep for the company who worked out of New Jersey. I was then asked to interview at the Tucson office. The interview process was not very stressful and I was asked the general questions like "tell me a time when...".

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at D&B.

There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!