D&B

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at D&B

Interview Details Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Interview Question – Two Technical rounds and meet VP   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Mumbai

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Interview Details Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Question – Nothing specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

National Manager Interview

National Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2010.

Interview Details First step: HR Call.
Second step: Flying down to Mumbai to meet SBU Head.
Interview lasts for about 2 hrs.
Step 3: Meet CEO for a brief discussion.
Step 4: Negotiations with HR.
Step 5. Arrangement to join.

Interview Question – Being a Business Head will you be able to take care of employees because ultimately it is about taking care about their families.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could negotiate the salary.
Advice to others: Be firm while asking and justify it.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in December 2010.

Interview Details Cold calling, telephonic round and than personal interview

Interview Question – case study, idea to launch new product   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in June 2009.

Interview Details Interview process consisted of one round of BA related questions followed by questions related to leadership skills.

Interview Question – What according to you is leadership?   Answer Question

Was Good Money, But Too Stressful Interview

Was Good Money, But Too Stressful

I applied through another source - interviewed at D&B in April 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted via telephone by an HR rep for the company who worked out of New Jersey. I was then asked to interview at the Tucson office. The interview process was not very stressful and I was asked the general questions like "tell me a time when...".

Predictive Modeler Interview

Predictive Modeler
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Question – Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Sandyford (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Question – I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Risk Management Specialist
Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

Interview Details The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Question – How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Positive experience during negotiation phase

Corporate Communications Interview

Corporate Communications
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Interview Details Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Question – None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!