D&B Interview Questions

Updated 30 Sep 2014
Updated 30 Sep 2014

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in August 2014.

I was intimated about a walk-in by a consultancy. It was at 10 AM . At 10:15 they started a written test for 1 hour within the bay.The questions were ambiguous and the pictures they had given were vague and not printed with good quality. After the test, they started verifying the answer, I could hear the persons talking while correcting the paper and it seemed that most of them did not know the answers to the questions and were struggling to verify the papers!. I lost any good impressions I had about the company. As I passed the written test, I faced a technical interview, which was also okay, but was told that if i were selected I would have to stretch times on most days. After I passed this level, I had a meeting with the manager who told me that it had a 8 hour culture, which confused me. After this round I had a meeting with the HR manager. After asking all details, he said he would get back to me on the next day and it has not happened and now it is few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If two persons in your team are performing equally good how will you rate them during the appraisal process   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at D&B in December 2010.

Cold calling, telephonic round and than personal interview

Interview Questions
    • case study, idea to launch new product   View Answer

National Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at D&B in February 2010.

First step: HR Call.
    Second step: Flying down to Mumbai to meet SBU Head.
    Interview lasts for about 2 hrs.
    Step 3: Meet CEO for a brief discussion.
    Step 4: Negotiations with HR.
    Step 5. Arrangement to join.

Interview Questions
    • Being a Business Head will you be able to take care of employees because ultimately it is about taking care about their families.   Answer Question
    Could negotiate the salary.
    Advice to others: Be firm while asking and justify it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
    This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at D&B in June 2009.

Interview process consisted of one round of BA related questions followed by questions related to leadership skills.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in September 2014.

I submitted an application on a job site for the position which had a particular vertical. My resume clearly showed that I didn't possess that vertical experience but I have been successful in sales for 15 years. I met all the criteria required for the position and there was no mention of vertical experience as a requirement. The day after I applied for the position I received an email from recruiting for an interview. We scheduled the call and from the start it was one of the most vague and open-ended calls - more about trying to trip you up than being helpful; where you would be the luckiest person on earth to work there. And at the end the recruiter informed me that she would refer me to the hiring director who would most likely not pursue due to my lack of vertical experience. My question? Why given what my resume said, would I even be considered? Luckily I had received an offer from another company that afternoon. An hour of my life isn't all that bad but it was a waste of time.

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at D&B.

There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at D&B in July 2014.

I applied through staffing agency. I had phone screen with guy from India and he claim that he is manager and is on vacation. I spoke with him for 1 hour on the phone and he told me that he is impressed with my skills, and then next day I had onsite interview. Onsite interview was located in North Lamar and Airport. 7 people took my interview one after another. Only one guy asked me tough technical interview questions with lady sitting with him. That guy was kind of rude and asked me lots of tough questions. Rest of the 6 guys asked pretty much asked me on what I have done so far in previous company. I have to repeated the same story 6 times for 6 people one after another in interview room. Interview was pretty good. Once the interview was over, I was being the told that they will get in touch with me. It's been 3+ weeks and they have not gotten back to me yet and I saw online on several job sites that they are still looking for same position and posted as new position. Their technical questions were very tough like pretty much mostly Architect based type instead of Senior Software engineer, but yet their pay was below average. I was being told that right candidate will be working all my himself in one project. Project consisted of Sales-force integration with existing web application.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandyford (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandyford (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B.

A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Questions
    • I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer