D&B

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Mumbai

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Interview Details Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Question – Nothing specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

National Manager Interview

National Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2010.

Interview Details First step: HR Call.
Second step: Flying down to Mumbai to meet SBU Head.
Interview lasts for about 2 hrs.
Step 3: Meet CEO for a brief discussion.
Step 4: Negotiations with HR.
Step 5. Arrangement to join.

Interview Question – Being a Business Head will you be able to take care of employees because ultimately it is about taking care about their families.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could negotiate the salary.
Advice to others: Be firm while asking and justify it.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in December 2010.

Interview Details Cold calling, telephonic round and than personal interview

Interview Question – case study, idea to launch new product   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in June 2009.

Interview Details Interview process consisted of one round of BA related questions followed by questions related to leadership skills.

Interview Question – What according to you is leadership?   Answer Question

Predictive Modeler Interview

Predictive Modeler
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Question – Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Sandyford (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Question – I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Risk Management Specialist
Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

Interview Details The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Question – How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Positive experience during negotiation phase

Corporate Communications Interview

Corporate Communications
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Interview Details Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Question – None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Relationship Manager National Accounts
Allentown, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out to me based on an old resume for a position in a different location, after speaking realized I was a better fit for a different (more lucrative position).

Interview Question – Used STAR method for interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very young, and didn't try to negotiate as it was significantly more than I was making at the time.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2011.

Interview Details Very positive and proactive approach. It was clear that D&B wanted to hire from the beginning

Interview Question – Do you believe you will fit into our culture, highly competitive and performance oriented   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate $10K increase in salary

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!