D&B

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

Applied on campus. First round was a short phone interview. Basic personality questions. Made it to the super day. 3 half hour interviews with managers. More personality questions with some technical stuff (statistical background etc). Easy process all in all

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at D&B.

The worst experience I had with the interviewer. He could not speak proper English but was trying to dominate. Asked some what is this questions.

Account Manager Interview

multiple people interview ..common interview nothing to highlight

no negotiations

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at D&B.

Recruiter Interview; Phone Interview with Hiring Manager; 1:1 Interview with Hiring Manager and Presentation to Hiring Mgr three AVPs or VP in region.

Interview Questions
    It was better than I was making so no negotiation took place

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B in June 2013.

Had an initial phone screen and was moved along in the process based on my background. Scheduled an in person interview with three senior managers in Short Hills, NJ.

The entire in person interview process was laborious and interviewers seemed totally indifferent and uninterested - almost as if they had already hired another individual and were just going through the motions. It was by far the worst interviewing experience of my career. I even probed the usual questions: what would be your best candidate, what personality types fit in, how do you know you've hired the right person, etc. Nothing - monotoned interviewers. I left knowing that I didn't get the position and was utterly relieved when I got the rejection notice the next day. C'mon team: let's be professional;

Analyst Internship Interview

Phone interview with typical screening questions.

New Account Acquisition Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at D&B.

Phone interview, then 2 rounds of personal interviews, mirror an employee for 2 hours, then find out the are hiring about eveerryone

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, just take it or leave it

Sales (Austin, Texas) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at D&B in April 2013.

Hiring process intro: Phone Screening to come in
    On-site Interview: Waiting room wait of 10 mins then two person interview at same time.

Companies really don't realize that having really unprofessional people interview really makes you have negative connotations about that company for a long time.

The woman who interviewed me made it clear within me interviewing for 2 minutes that my resume had "red flags" haha I graduated in 2009 when the recession hit and I have a BBA in Marketing .. . I assumed she had no idea what a recession is. I've had 100/dial phone jobs with great closing ability and I've set up appointments with some of the biggest companies in the world (none of which was ever brought up ie wells fargo,apple,harley davison,bank of the west,best buy C-Level executives etc etc). I ran through my resume continuing to prove to her every role and responsibility I had with respect to output and good effort. They made me do a phone interview in which I knew I did well but from the start of this woman's attitude I no longer felt good vibes. Finishing the interview only made me laugh more because it showed how unprofessional and completely judgmental they were without understanding the concept of recessions/newly grads/training/and over-all business in general... . the woman who scowled at my BBA degree in Business Marketing from a credited top-tier Business School had worn socks the whole time she was walking around the company floor. Goes to show how unprofessional D&B Austin,Texas office is. The woman told me I would hear back from someone and I never did in which I am so glad I never let any of those robots phase me (please apply if you are ok with that). Completely a waste of time & not to mention the low pay with respect to the Austin,Texas popular housing bubble would leave most with $300 'Discretionary Income'. It's obvious when companies get so big they can free-up hiring on people interviewing you in socks who probably have a general studies degree who frown on people with Business Degrees who actually study Business/Trends. Don't interview if you are a serious business professional who plans to do something great with your BBA Degree. Proceed with caution and never let people like that disrespect you regarding something you know you can do.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at D&B in March 2013.

I had 5 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. The people were pleasant and open to any questions I had. Ultimately, I did not get the position but they told me they liked me so much they would keep me on file for future openings.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about what exactly I would do when I was in the company to help drive sales.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at D&B in March 2013.

I sent my resume and heard back for a phone interview. Next would be onsite interviews. The recruiter was really friendly but she didn't ask any questions it was just me talking about myself and filling time since she was vague about what she asked and then filled me in on the position details.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral basically just tell me about youself   Answer Question