D&B Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.9

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

One phone interview from a corporate recruiter. Then a 3 person interview.

Interview Questions
    Flat offer that was above my salary expectation.

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B.

2 rounds of phone interview, 1 hour presentation, 5 face to face interview

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at D&B in April 2009.

went threw a staffing agent for 90 days then they hired me full time

they were the best company I have ever worked for

Intern Interview

Applied on campus. First round was a short phone interview. Basic personality questions. Made it to the super day. 3 half hour interviews with managers. More personality questions with some technical stuff (statistical background etc). Easy process all in all

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B.

The worst experience I had with the interviewer. He could not speak proper English but was trying to dominate. Asked some what is this questions.

Account Manager Interview

multiple people interview ..common interview nothing to highlight

no negotiations

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in June 2013.

Had an initial phone screen and was moved along in the process based on my background. Scheduled an in person interview with three senior managers in Short Hills, NJ.

The entire in person interview process was laborious and interviewers seemed totally indifferent and uninterested - almost as if they had already hired another individual and were just going through the motions. It was by far the worst interviewing experience of my career. I even probed the usual questions: what would be your best candidate, what personality types fit in, how do you know you've hired the right person, etc. Nothing - monotoned interviewers. I left knowing that I didn't get the position and was utterly relieved when I got the rejection notice the next day. C'mon team: let's be professional;

Sales (Austin, Texas) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in April 2013.

Hiring process intro: Phone Screening to come in
    On-site Interview: Waiting room wait of 10 mins then two person interview at same time.

Companies really don't realize that having really unprofessional people interview really makes you have negative connotations about that company for a long time.

The woman who interviewed me made it clear within me interviewing for 2 minutes that my resume had "red flags" haha I graduated in 2009 when the recession hit and I have a BBA in Marketing .. . I assumed she had no idea what a recession is. I've had 100/dial phone jobs with great closing ability and I've set up appointments with some of the biggest companies in the world (none of which was ever brought up ie wells fargo,apple,harley davison,bank of the west,best buy C-Level executives etc etc). I ran through my resume continuing to prove to her every role and responsibility I had with respect to output and good effort. They made me do a phone interview in which I knew I did well but from the start of this woman's attitude I no longer felt good vibes. Finishing the interview only made me laugh more because it showed how unprofessional and completely judgmental they were without understanding the concept of recessions/newly grads/training/and over-all business in general... . the woman who scowled at my BBA degree in Business Marketing from a credited top-tier Business School had worn socks the whole time she was walking around the company floor. Goes to show how unprofessional D&B Austin,Texas office is. The woman told me I would hear back from someone and I never did in which I am so glad I never let any of those robots phase me (please apply if you are ok with that). Completely a waste of time & not to mention the low pay with respect to the Austin,Texas popular housing bubble would leave most with $300 'Discretionary Income'. It's obvious when companies get so big they can free-up hiring on people interviewing you in socks who probably have a general studies degree who frown on people with Business Degrees who actually study Business/Trends. Don't interview if you are a serious business professional who plans to do something great with your BBA Degree. Proceed with caution and never let people like that disrespect you regarding something you know you can do.

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Recruiter Interview; Phone Interview with Hiring Manager; 1:1 Interview with Hiring Manager and Presentation to Hiring Mgr three AVPs or VP in region.

Interview Questions
    It was better than I was making so no negotiation took place

Analyst Internship Interview

Phone interview with typical screening questions.