DIRECTV

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

It was very brief, waited for about 5 minutes in the lobby. Two interviewers, trading off questions. Situational based questions, how do you react to certain situations etc. very nice people, didn't take the job but only because I received better offer. I would have been fine accepting the position.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example of a time where a client was upset with you, how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV.

The process was very informal, uncomfortable and rash. The individual interviewing me did not appear professional and seemed irritated at having to interview anyone. I did not get a good impression off the individual interviewing me or the description of the job

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked if I had an SUV and was told I had to supply my own 24-foot extension ladder   Answer Question

I did not have a good feeling about the position ever since the interview

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

Interviewed by Senior Software Engineer, mainly behavioral questions: How do you work in a team? Why DIRECTV? Talk about your projects. etc. Interview was around 30 min. Second interview will be more oriented to where you would fit.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

I had a brief phone call to set up an interview. She asked about my job history 10+ years. I have been working for a call center for a year now, and prior to that retail management for 3 years. I am also a full time student, and I was not offered the job. I have nothing that would have hindered me from getting this job. They hired several people from my current job that are very young with little to no work experience making more than I currently make.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted every detail of my job history from 10+ years ago.   Answer Question

Young Profesionals (Jovenes Profesionales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

The initial contact was via phone. There was a short interview where they wanted to know how well I spoke English and a short job experience questions. After checking that, there was a second interview in their offices. We had to be there at 9am, but it started at 10:30am. They didn't offer us beverages or anything util the group interview started. There were 12 people, but they told us they were conducting about 10 more interviews like this one, so a lot of candidates, and they were only going to hire 15. The first thing they did was ask us what we knew about the company. Then the second activity was have us make a collage showing a little bit about ourself and where we see ourselves in the future. Then we had to present it to the recruiters and the rest of the applicants, and then they asked basic questions like: what do you bring to the table for our company?. After that they split us up into 2 teams and had us do a group activity, where each group was given a problem or a scenario and had to solve it. They got back to us after 2 weeks via email. Sadly I didn't make it, but to make us feel better they asked us if they could keep us in the database for any future job opportunity, although I doubt that they will contact me.

Software Development Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

A staffing agency interviewed me and setup a 30 minute phone interview with DirecTV. After my phone interview, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was told to set aside 3 hours for my onsite interview and it took approximately 2 hours to answer questions from 3 different team members. I thought I was going to be bombarded with questions, but I believe the interview process was also making sure I wanted to fit in the culture of the team as well, which made for a refreshing interview environment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to draw a house on the whiteboard.   View Answer

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

First interview was non technical, they wanted to know about you as a person and how you would solve problems that occur in a team. second one was only technical, I talked to IOS developper and an Android developer. Both interviews were through Skype.

Interview Questions
    • Specific details about everything on your resume even if it was done a few years ago   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I was found by a headhunter. Had an interview with human resources, then with my direct boss, and finally with the VP of the area. There were also personality tests and psychological test, but nothing out of the ordinary.

No negotiation

Senior Principal Analyst Interview

Ad hoc , depend on department. You will meet with multiple directors and some architects. Architects have different backgrounds and have different questions for you. Not very technical though only ask common high level questions.

Staff Engineer (Contractor) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

The position was applied through 3rd party (Staffing agency). The process took about 2 to 3 weeks. I had phone interview first then on-site interview with other team members. Both interviews were not long. I believe the process has been change since my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview question - "How would you test the pen?" Group Interview - "ask to write sample Java code and explain"   Answer Question