DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.6

Satellite Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Easy Interview. After driving an hour and back four times and given the employment offer, they told me I was overweight 9 pounds. Was tild I can reapply anytime but I think this is a sign to wait for another opportunity, IE the Military job in waiting status.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever installed in a harsh weather environment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Fille out online app then it a call the next day to set up phone interview. Not sure if I did well because she didn't ask to set up a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when u have outstanding customer service   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I got called to schedule a phone interview. I completed the phone interview a few days later. Then they asked me to come to do a in-person interview. I came to the front desk and told them I was there for an interview. Waited a few minutes. There were two people interviewing me. They were nice and very welcoming. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest accomplishment?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What have to done to calm down an angry customer?

Answer Question

Broadcast Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions and some technical ones that didn't involve coding. Three people interviewed me together through a video conference. The interviewers took turn asking me questions about my experience in school and what kind of projects I was involved in. They were really friendly and the interview was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a job searching website. they then replied to my email regarding the position and the time would I be available for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they said that if I pass, they will email me an invitation to go to a face to face interview with them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience in java and other technologies. They also asked me about OOP and some definitions like difference between abstract and interface. Some non-technical questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2015.

Interview

The interview overall took 40 minutes. First, they asked me about my past experience and specific details of some stuff I have in my resume. I was kind of a explanation of my resume. After that, the asked me my point of view of the position what do I think would be necessary for that position and my level of excel skills.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very simplistic process with the usual questions. Can you run through your resume for me? Why do you feel like you are a good fit for this position? Why DIRECTV? Engaging recruiter and overall a great experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (Pocatello, ID (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Did a pretest job screen drug screen went over some benefits saw a tour of the facility. Describe d certain areas of the floor. lady was friendly. Showed break room smoke area filled out all digital w2 I 9. I was Fairly easy. I enjoyed getting started. Did a lot of driving back and forth to please dtv pre employment qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I applied on their website then about 4 weeks later I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with a software engineer. The phone interview is about 30 minutes. The first 5-8 minutes was just talking about the program and telling them a little about myself. The remaining 22-25 minutes were somewhat technical as in the software engineer wanted me to talk about projects that I've done and if I struggled on some what was it on and how did I go on about to fix it. Then he asked what I learned so far and some technical brain teaser questions testing my knowledge of OOP and C++ in general.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult:
      "Implement a queue using a class defined for stack"

1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I was contacted via social media regarding the job. Had a phone screen, invited to go in and interview. Which I did. Followed up after the interviews with thank you's. Got a note they were completing interviews and would get back to me in a week. Never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, how do you create relationships with managers? Where do you recruit from?   1 Answer