DIRECTV

154 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Boise, ID (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2012.

Interview Details When I initially applied to Directv, I went onto their website and filled out and application and attached my resume. within 24 hours I received a call from an HR representative and we had a phone interview. At the end of the interview we set up an appointment to interview in person. At the end of the interview they offered me the position and said they would call me within a couple of days to determine starting pay. Once they called, I set up a final appointment with HR to go in to sign my contract. That appointment was where I met about half of my new hire class since we all signed the contracts at the same time after hearing a speech about the company from the HR manager.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said that since I had many years of experience they would start me out a couple dollars higher than where they normally start new employees which is $10.61 per hour.

Very Easy Interview

Field Technician Interview

Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2014.

Interview Details I went to a job fair, then did an online resume and test, 4 days later i did an over the phone interview, then an in person interview the next Monday. I was offered the job and accepted it that day. I am now in training.

Interview Question – it was all pretty softball. just be your self, everyone was really nice and really cool.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pre set new hires are at $15 an hour to start

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details Got lead from staffing agency. Had phone interview with hiring manager. Company rejected application based upon factors that did NOT come up during interview. Hiring manager seem inexperienced in the field but talked about a lot of current buzzwords in the trade. Hiring manager also seemed to be grasping for straws as far as what he was looking for. Hiring manager took weeks to give feedback to staffing agency.

Interview Question – It was difficult to figure out what the hiring manager was looking for and/or wanted. We went from one topic of the next with seemingly little organization or structure. I asked the interviewer several questions which he refused to answer.   View Answer

Field Operations Supervisor Interview

Manteca, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2013.

Interview Details On- line application, followed by HR talent acquisition screening, candidates will me schedule for a live interview at the site with site manager, HR partner and field supervisor or RDO.
Interview is mainly focus on past work achievements and a plan to improve metrics for DIRECTV.

Interview Question – List your 3 weakness and how can you improve them.   View Answer

IT Administrative Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2014.

Interview Details Filled out online application around 2/5/2013. Was contacted by HR on 2/7 to schedule meeting with hiring manager. Had phone interview on 2/13, was cut short because manager got everything they wanted out of me and wanted to meet in person. Had onsite in person with local and teleconference team on 2/21, it was reschedule twice, but during the same day In person interview with team went well, spoke with manager again in separate room after meeting so the team could talk alone Was contacted by hiring manager on 2/22 to get references. Stayed in very close contact with the hiring manager and HR for updates and feedback. Talked with recruiter on 3/12 to put offer together. HR was a little difficult to get on the phone but it happened. Offer was a little delayed as key signatures needed where out of the Office, but still manger and HR stayed in contact a lot to keep me updated. Offer finalized on 3/18.

Interview Question – Tell us about your mistakes.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Satellite Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2010.

Interview Details Easy, required no technical knowledge, on the job training

Interview Question – no difficult question.   Answer Question

IT Analyst I Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details Taking care of the Teradata Production Systems, making sure to meet the SLA of 99.99%. Identify killer Queries and make sure the systems are working efficiently and helping the developers to get their queries tuned. Day to day DBA related tasks as to creating Users, Tables, Databases etc...

Interview Question – Career Goal, what would want to do 5 years down the line?   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details I interviewed with recruiter agency, after they presented me to the company. I went on Friday to interview with my portfolio, they liked my works. I started on Monday as temp like a week, after one week, the recruiter company called me and said that they want me to keep working. I worked as a fulltime freelancer, 6 months later, they offered me a fulltime job. After they hired me and I started as a full time.

Interview Question – They were so kind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than I expected.

Vendor Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2012.

Interview Details Two phone interviews: Hiring Sr Director, and a newly Director

Interview Question – Director asked about my experience as a Program Manager, which was not mentioned in the job posting. Proceeded to point out to me how I was not a good fit to the position, even though I was a very good fit to what was described in the posting.   View Answer

Senior Human Resource Generalist Interview

El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2012.

Interview Details Very unorganized. Interviewers were late and unprepared. Only 1 of 4 looked at my resume prior, and actually told me so. I was horrified. No one really could describe the position, or actually knew what Group or Division I would be supporting, which was just unacceptable. Had I not really needed a job, I would have walked out at this point. How can a Fortune 500 company have an HR and Recruiting Department that is not trained and so unorganized and ineffective? Wow...I was stunned! FYI, I did get an offer, as I said, I needed a job. After accepting, and hoping to try to make things better, I realized it was near to impossible to do so, and started looking elsewhere and found a job that was much more suited to my professional needs and not one that was stuck in the 1970's...

Interview Question – This is a tough place to work if you have not heard. Why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was not prepared either, and said they were understaffed and overworked. Said she apologized as she did not get any onboarding training, and was left to figure things out by herself, as there was noone there to help her!!!

Interviews for Top Jobs at DIRECTV

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DIRECTV interview questions and advice. All 154 interview reviews are posted anonymously by DIRECTV employees and interview candidates.