Interview Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

DId you ever have a challenge with any of your managers and

what did you do about it?
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

If you are ever asked the question, “have you ever had a challenging situation with a manager?” It is important not to give an example that makes you look like someone who fights and causes trouble within an organization.

In fact, if you are asked this question, “did you ever have difficulty with a manager or a challenge with a manager?” You can start your answer by saying, "I have never had a serious challenge with a manager”. With that being said, that is not a sufficient answer. So you do want to show that you do disagree at times with people, but you are able to find common grounds and are able to resolve issues peacefully. Something like, "There have been times where a manager and I have thought differently about a topic and we discuss it, and sometimes the manager sees my point of view, and sometimes I see theirs. But ultimately, we are able to come to a conclusion and resolve any sort of difference of a opinion quickly and smoothly.”

Just saying something like that will reassure the interviewer that you’re not someone who is going to cause problems at their organization.

Questions on 17-Jul-2013