DaVita

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details I am still going through the process and will come back and post as the process continues. I spoke to a leadership recruiter who was very nice and seemed eager to have me succeed. The quoted salary was ridiculously low for the responsibilities but she indicated if I interviewed well, they might eb able to offer more. After 2 brief telephone chats I was scheduled for the online assessment and then scheduled for an interview with a facility hiring manager (not the facility I applied for).

Interview Question – The online assessment was odd so be prepared. There are some scheduling questions, math/calculation questions, logics. Most of these can be done using a calculator and reading the graph, chart. There are grids asking about staff/patient ratios that you have to interpret. This section is timed and the questions are not always clear. You have enough time (I finished with 20 mins to spare), so think, breathe and go slowly. There is a timer. The next set of questions are behavioral: how do you make decisions, are you a leader/follower, are you a team player etc. For these the "desired" answers are pretty obvious.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at DaVita

Interview Details The whole process was very long...it sometimes took weeks between steps. I was also asked to travel very far for an interview (2+ hours away) and then sat through 2 panels that asked essentially all the same questions. The interview also consisted of many very personal questions that didn't seem to relate to the job.

Interview Question – Personal questions, about daycare, etc...   Answer Question

Facility Administrator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details First received a phone interview which covered basic questions. I was then sent a timed test to complete. Questions ranged from managing 'bed counts' at a hospital to scenario based questions with teammates. I presume the purpose was to gauge how effective I was at managing obstacles while also evaluating my management style. Once completed, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the ROD. After passing that phase, I entered the last phase of the process which was an interview with the ROD and HR Director.

Interview Question – On the test...a question surrounded scheduling delivery trucks at the loading dock of a hospital. given the fact that I was applying for an administrative position at a clinic, I couldn't see to correlation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initially, I was not given an offer as I was told they preferred to go with an RN.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DaVita in January 2009.

Interview Details Initial communication was through a networking connection. I interviewed with a Group Facility Administrator and a Regional Operations Director in training. I next interviewed with the Regional Operations Director and the Human Resources Manager. The third interview was with the Divisional Vice President, members of the clinic team, and the onsite physician.

Interview Question – The interview questions were all standard situational questions   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DaVita in October 2012.

Interview Details Lengthy and unorganized. The length could have been tolerated in order to ensure a good fit, however, senior management extremely unprofessionally by not following up with expected communication in a timely manner. Unclear and conflicting information was given frequently by several people. It seemed that they were unorganized and lacked good communication even amongst themselves and this was very evident.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, however, the company advertises a stellar work environment in terms of culture and values that they deemed critical to employment yet was not followed by senior management at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiations were reasonable but nothing was followed through on after hire. In fact, they made it quite difficult to perform your job duties due to the unorganized manner of their training and the unwillingness of senior management to intervene and/or resolve those difficulties.

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details Applied online for a Facility Administrator position. I was first contacted by email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview.

The interview went well. There were the standard questions and a time to ask questions, the recruiter was able to answer most of them since she was in good contact with the hiring manager. The interview took about 25 minutes.

Interview Question – What is your management style?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in June 2010.

Interview Details The recruiter I was interviewed by was superb, very professional and was able to "sell" the company to me. Rarely you enjoy an interview, but I did in every aspect of it. Great communication & follow-through, quick response and positive & professional attitude.

Interview Question – The behavioral interviews are heavily based on company mission, vision and core values. Know about DaVita before you'll interview, for all management positions be prepared to do an on-line assessment - critical thinking, good judgement, operations, decision making skills, talent management, finances, project & time management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company always offers/presents the lowest salaries/rates possible, but is able & can pay well. I've negotiated nice salary, so no complaints, but several co-workers are below what I make.

Facility Administrator

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in August 2012.

Interview Details Initially, a 45 minute phone interview by Corporate HR Leadership Recruiter
Followed by a 50 minute face to face interview with the Regional Operations Director
Then a face to face interview with the Group Facility Administrator that took almost an hour.
Finally, I had a face to face interview with one of the other Facility Administrators, that took place at the clinic I was interviewing for. The interview was informal, she was doing her paperwork while "interviewing" me.

After all the interviews and three weeks later of hearing nothing, I received and e-mail saying they were "moving forward with more qualified candidates for the role".

My only gripe is after the numerous interviews, a phone call would have been the respectful thing to do.

Interview Question – If you had an employee violate policy what would you do.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at DaVita in September 2012.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me sent me a link for a test. Followed with phone interview + 3 more interviews. All interview were streamlined and constant communication with hiring administrator.

Interview Question – nothing to difficult. Alot of "give me an example when ...." questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer, I counteroffered, they agreed to my counteroffer.

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DaVita in July 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was long and methodical. All in all I had five interviews, but the interviewers kept constant touch the whole way. There is a sense of togetherness that set this process apart from most.

Interview Question – Tell me about you past research on our company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Interviews for Top Jobs at DaVita

Worked for DaVita? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DaVita Facility Administrator interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by DaVita employees and interview candidates.