Daimler

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Daimler

Interview Details 2 rounds: Telephonic: Technical and Managerial. Questions about commercial vehicles and automobiles, projects and HR questions. If you choose Sales, marketing you may be asked about the reason for your preference

Interview Question – Which is your field of interest   Answer Question

Manager, Procurement Interview

Manager, Procurement
Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Daimler in May 2010.

Interview Details I had to face 2 round of interviews, first with the reporting manager and then with the department head.
First interview was quite general in the sense as it focussed on the previous experience and domain knowledge (procurement in my case). Then I was also asked to present a small topic to see my presentation skills. Lastly it was salary nego.
2 round looked to me more as as formality as it is was more of HR questions like where you belong to, are you satisfied with the location, job profile, etc.

Interview Question – You are from north of India. will you be satisfied staying in Chennai keeping in mind plant is also 40kms away from the city.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR was hard on salary as well as designation negotiations. but if you still have a good profile and if you sense your interview was good try to negotiate as this is still a growing company and in need of good people.

Very Difficult Interview

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Daimler in May 2010.

Interview Details Overall process took 3 month,
step 1 with online assessment, followed by 1~2 interviews to HR including a presentation on the past work, finally you will be invited to a 2 days assessment center that you will be given roll play, case study, group discussion as well as face to face interview to company's senior executives.

Interview Question – What would you do if you made a wrong decision that made company lost millions of dollars?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a fixed package for all MA program trainee, so the package was not negotiable.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Daimler in December 2012.

Interview Details The interview was a conventional interview. It starts with an introduction about themselves and then you should interview yourselves and they will ask you to take them through your CV.

Interview Question – They asked me to sketch a process for baking a cake.   View Answer

Aftersales Marketing Intern Interview

Aftersales Marketing Intern
Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Daimler in December 2012.

Interview Details It all starts with the online applications, than there will be a phone call to set up an interview date, most people have to travel to Germany but if you are a foreigner it might happen that it will be only a phone call. The interview itself is in German but some parts are in English.

The interview itself is almost 2 hour long. Usually the interviewer starts with the explaination of the area you would be working in and what this internship would look like (routine tasks and extra projects) than you have to tell everything about you. Than you get a case study where you have to explain and understand a graph of the aftersales market. Than you will be asked some questions like: What are your weaknesses or do you like to work in a team or how well you speak english (This section might be in english) etc. Finally the interviewer will be happy to let ask you questions.

Than in 3-4 weeks you will know if you got the internship and than it will be submited to the board if they do accept you.

Interview Question – How does the Lubricant market look like in Germany and worldwide?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Daimler Career Trainee Interview

Daimler Career Trainee
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Daimler in January 2014.

Interview Details 1. E-mail Resume/Cover Letter
2. Interviewed by an intern. Asked a series of standard questions, while the intern fills out an application blank with your answers.
3. 25 - 30 min Online Assessment Test - 3 Types of Assessment ( Verbal Reasoning , Work Sample, Personality)
4. 2 hr Onsite Assessment Test - includes the same type of assessment questions as the online test, as well as questions that were not tested previous (eg. numerical assessment)
5. Full-day Assessment Centre

Interview Question – No particular difficult question during the 1st round of interview.   Answer Question

Career Trainee Interview

Career Trainee
Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Daimler in June 2010.

Interview Details 3 stage process including an online aptitude test; a telephonic interview; a full day assessment center with case studies, presentation, group discussion, role play interview and personal interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Technical Engineer Interview

Senior Technical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Daimler.

Interview Details Initial interview by HR vendor. Simple Q&A, basically just to confirm you are a human :)
Language interview in Japanese. Include incident email response simulation.
Technical interview directly by team lead.
Final result notification.

Interview Question – Interview itself is simple, but the quality of the telephone signal is not so good.
As long as you are a logical thinking person with relative knowledge, it should be fine.
  Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied in-person - interviewed at Daimler in July 2010.

Interview Details Very unfriendly and senceless questions

Interview Question – What would you do, if you have a Problem to find a solution?! Without any context...   Answer Question

Master Student Interview

Master Student
Sindelfingen (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Daimler in January 2013.

Interview Details The interview was not in the technical sound, it was more general interview about my university and past experiences

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation phase for intern

Worked for Daimler? Contribute to the Community!