Dairy Queen

Updated 14 Nov 2014
Updated 14 Nov 2014

1.8

Team Member Interview

Called local Dairy Queen. Filled out application. Called in by owner for an interview. Basic questions. Availability and experience were discussed. Owner was friendly and seemed like a good employer.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

Simple basic interview questions, "Tell me about yourself, what does good customer service mean to you"
    Didn't need to press up that formal for the interview
    the interview was fairly short 15 minutes tops

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Applied on indeed.com an new store was opening, within two weeks got an interview was pretty easy basic questions why should we hire you? Are you in school? Do you like working with children?

N/a

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

This review pertains to the Pearland location on the newer side of Pearland. Just smile and be honest you'll get the job. They really need workers. They will pretty much hire you on the spot. The applications are on the backs of the papers on the trays you eat on when you dine in.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

no real interview process, they call you ask you a few questions and its a yes or no. very lacking of structure and policies. they really have no upper management that knows how to interview or train, just a guy who got promoted by lack of other options a long time ago.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

I applied in person on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Monday at 10 for an interview. The interview didn't even last 5 minutes and the manager got up to get me papers to fill out so I could start.
    When I finished a the papers, he looked them over to make sure I didn't miss anything and said he would call me to let me know when I start. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then one of the other managers called me and asked me to come in the next day.
    I later found out that manager who had interviewed me, forgot to call me and the manager who finally called me had found my papers that were supposed to have been sent off and weren't.

Interview Questions
    • We get really busy, do you think you can handle that?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   View Answer
    No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Head Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Only one interview and simple questions such as "Do you have transportation?" and "Can you be reliable and able to work any shift?" questions like that. Very simple employment questions

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncanville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncanville, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayette, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayette, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview was pretty easy. Questions included future goals, how to handle angry customer, a math question about giving someone change, and how teachers or friends would describe you. The manager was nice enough and it only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I have a second interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Questions
    • What area of yourself could use improvement?   View Answer