Dairy Queen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

Interview Details I applied there for my first job while in highschool and the supervisor had a 5 minutes interview with me on the spot and hired me. They asked me very basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the future? What are your hobbies? What do you dislike? They will hire almost everyone that applies. Just look clean and tidy.

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Tomball, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I applied in person on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Monday at 10 for an interview. The interview didn't even last 5 minutes and the manager got up to get me papers to fill out so I could start.
When I finished a the papers, he looked them over to make sure I didn't miss anything and said he would call me to let me know when I start. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then one of the other managers called me and asked me to come in the next day.
I later found out that manager who had interviewed me, forgot to call me and the manager who finally called me had found my papers that were supposed to have been sent off and weren't.

Interview Question – We get really busy, do you think you can handle that?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Front Line/Cashier
Scarborough Township, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview wasn't like a traditional interview. It was more of a casual conversation you have with someone. The questions that were asked weren't about the job they just want to know more about you. During the interview they told me what I would be doing and what the policies were for the store. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Front Line/Cashier
Duncanville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Interview Question – The questions were easy in my opinion.   Answer Question

Head Cook Interview

Head Cook

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details Only one interview and simple questions such as "Do you have transportation?" and "Can you be reliable and able to work any shift?" questions like that. Very simple employment questions

Interview Question – There are not really any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Cashier/Crew Member
Fayette, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview Details Interview was pretty easy. Questions included future goals, how to handle angry customer, a math question about giving someone change, and how teachers or friends would describe you. The manager was nice enough and it only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I have a second interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Question – What area of yourself could use improvement?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for us, the company?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details Be capable of taking care of customer satisfaction as well as the crew

Interview Question – When are you available. Be prepared to be available always.   Answer Question

Grill Cook Interview

Grill Cook
Morehead, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2010.

Interview Details very laid back, not difficult to find a job if they are hiring

Interview Question – why do you deserve a job here?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!