Dairy Queen

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grill Cook Interview

Morehead, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2010.

Interview Details very laid back, not difficult to find a job if they are hiring

Interview Question – why do you deserve a job here?   View Answer

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2013.

Interview Details Online application followed by a one on one interview. Usual questions that are asked in an interview. Easy if you know how to answer them. Common sense questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Business casual, nothing impressive.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question if you know the most used interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked a fair pay and was given less.

Executive Technician Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2013.

Interview Details My interview was pretty fast and painless. I was there no longer than 10 minutes. It was a little bit confusing though because my interview was at 10:00AM and the door weren't open till 11AM. I had to walk to the back of the building by the dumpsters.

Interview Question – What do you need from me to be successful?
What is you're biggest weakness?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – What were you expecting to be paid?
$XX/HR
Well we usually start new hires at $XX/HR but there is plenty of opportunities to advance if you're serious about it.
I understand and I'm completely thrilled to have this opportunity to join your wonderful company but $XX/HR is really the lowest I can go.
Well we still have a few more people to interview but I'll give you a call and let you know either way.
Thank you I appreciate it!

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Front Line/Cashier

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details Normal Questioning about yourself.

Interview Question – When was there a time you helped resolve a conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible hours during school year.

Cashier/Cook Interview

Cashier/Cook

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details Came to store to pick up application for an interview, filled it out and got an interview a few months after they said they would interview me. The interview was in the store, very informal, but I still wore a suit and tie. The guy really didn't care what I was saying, and I was not hired. Found out a kid who went to my high school who's GPA was at least 2 points lower than mine got hired. So it's a crap shoot.

Interview Question – He actually used the "what kitchen appliance would you be?" Question. I had to try not to laugh.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

Interview Details I handed in my application in person and one month later I was called to set up an interview. The interview asked questions like how would your friends describe you, why should we hire you, basic questions like that. The manager said he would call me in 1-2 weeks to tell me if I got the job or not but they called to tell me I got the job just 4 days later.

Interview Question – Do you know any history about Dairy Queen?   View Answer

Lenexa, KS (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details Basic interview questions for cashiers — money handling experience, customer service experience, able to memorize items, etc.

Interview Question – What are my hobbies — it seemed really out of place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had asked for $7.75 because I had two years prior experience in food-handling as well as waitressing. I was started at $7.50 and was told a raise would be granted within 30 days upon performance.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I went directly to the store and asked for an application. the cashier told me to go online and apply. i applied the same day and called a couple of days later and was asked to come in for an interview. the supervisor was nice and down to earth and seemed interested in me. she asked simple questions and because i had previous experience she assumed i knew the ropes. she laid down the law from the start but also had a hint of leniency. after the interview i was called back the next day and was asked to come to work

Interview Question – the most difficult question was what to do when somebody else was doing wrong   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Crystal Lake, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in January 2010.

Interview Details It was a stress free interview that was easy to get through. Asked some questions had to dress up.

Interview Question – All of the questions were really straightforward.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details Owners ask you basic questions like previous cashier experience, how organized are you, are you good at multitasking, etc.

Interview Question – Any previous cashier experience?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dairy Queen

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dairy Queen interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dairy Queen employees and interview candidates.