Darden

Updated 7 Dec 2014
Updated 7 Dec 2014

2.3

Bartender/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Two interviews were required. My first interview was centered on experience. Questions included how to handle difficult guests, examples of up-selling, and drink knowledge for a position behind the bar. Finally, a personality test. Took about 30 minutes, asked the same questions in different ways to see if you're being honest.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me a Coke." I can think of great descriptions for lots of dishes, but a beverage? Without alcohol? That was the hardest question.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Typical hurry up and wait process 50 phone calls and emails back and forth, set up drug testing for you as far away from your location as could possible be.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do? answer it then have the interviewer add to the scenario answer that them throw something else into it.   Answer Question
    no negotiations gave me more that I asked for

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Darden in October 2014.

It took me 3 hours before I even had my SCHEDULED interview and there was only myself and one other person, when it was my turn, she hadn't even seen my application, nor printed it off. Then, I had to wait for another 10 mins to even get started on my interview.

Because I am worth more than what that company was showing.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

I met great and friendly people and everyone seemed happy to be here. The team of people were very professional and made me feel welcome. The culture of the panel of interviewers across the enterprise was very diverse and helped me make my decision to be part of the Darden family. So many amazing leaders but what stuck out to me was the amount of women in leadership positions. It was encouraging and promising for a future here at Darden. I am blessed and grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of such great teams and build long lasting friendships.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2014.

I was applying for a new restaurant opening. Because of that, it was a mass interview with a lot of people going in and out. It began with a small group "peer tour" of the new restaurant. They had the training schedule available. I talked to a manager who ended up only being at that store for 2 months. He asked about previous experience then I was passed off to the store's general manager who asked about my past experience with the company. I was hired offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult experience you've had with a table that involved a problem you had to solve yourself.   Answer Question
    N/A

Back Up Chef Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Darden.

If Chosen through three interview then you were hired. First is more of your background and first impression. The second more of experience and talents. Lastly your commitment to the job and negotiations.

Manager Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.

Server/Certified Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

The initial interview is online - very detailed questionnaire that covers everything work scenarios, both job-related and social. The second interview is conducted with a manager on-site. You will get a tour of the building with another employee and have opportunities to see the work environment and ask any other questions you may have. The employee also fills out a form on the first impression that they had of you, so there are a total of three components evaluated before the extension of an actual job offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • I believe the most difficult thing in any restaurant is the availability of one's schedule - if that does not match up with the restaurant's needs, then there is almost no point.   Answer Question

Certified Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I make a good darden employee?   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden.

The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.