Davis Polk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sumer Legal Assistant Interview

Sumer Legal Assistant
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Davis Polk.

Interview Details I sent in my resume and cover letter to HR and was contacted to set up an in-person interview. I went in and met with two HR managers, lasting a total of 30 minutes. I then met with another HR woman for about 15 minutes. Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Pretty standard. Why Davis Polk? Why the law? What are your long-term goals?   Answer Question

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Corporate Legal Assistant
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Davis Polk in January 2012.

Interview Details Emailed my resume and cover letter to the head of paralegals. He called the next day to schedule an interview. Met with the legal assistant coordinator and the heads of several departments. All were obviously rushed and said very canned things like "we are all nice to each other, there is no screaming as legal assistants here".

Interview Question – One of the department heads gave a 5 minute very technical and complicated explanation of what he does and then asked me to explain it back to him.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Davis Polk in January 2010.

Interview Details First there is an on-campus interview. If you get a call-back you spend half a day at the firm interviewing one on one with four or five lawyers. In about a week you hear back whether you got an offer.

Interview Question – What would you do differently if you could, in your past?   Answer Question

Litigation Assistant Interview

Litigation Assistant
New York, NY (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Davis Polk in March 2010.

Interview Details After contacting the hiring managers, I met with them for a couple of different groups within DPW. After that, I was called back a week or so later and spoke to 3-5 different associates for 3 different groups. Everyone was very pleasant and asked good questions. I really did love the people and the place.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Another company offered me more

Worked for Davis Polk? Contribute to the Community!