Dell

Updated Aug 23, 2014
807 interviews

2.9

Senior Technical Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Campus Placement
    - There was first an aptitude test
    - then there was a Technical Interview
    - managerial round was much more of how you your thought process work
    - HR round is the most simple

Interview Questions
    • not much... there were normal questions of BCNF, SQL, Asp.Net   Answer Question

Software Development Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2014.

Hiring Process was very good. It have been hired in a walkin process. I have been given a call from a consultancy Perot System
    But they have taken a lot of time to give an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I have been hired on AS400 profile. Unexpected question asked which include the position of Column A and Column B in COBOL 400   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Campus Recruitment Process.
    3 rounds.
    Round 1- Written test. This round had 3 sections. Aptitude, English and Technical. Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
    Round 2- Technical Interview. Questions asked depend mostly on what you write in your resume.
    Round 3- HR Interview. General HR questions, the interviewers are very observant.

Test Associate Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Dell.

I applied through college

Interview details- Three rounds of process

1.Online Test
    2.Technical interview
    3.HR interview

Online test consisted of 60 questions
    -30 questions from quantitative and verbal
    -30 questions from technical

General aptitude section was of average difficulty. Technical section had questions from C,C++,Java,Computer networks,microprocessors

If you have practiced general aptitude questions,then the test will be easy.

Interview questions- They mainly asked me about my projects,Questions on computer networks, software testing.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write a code for number of cars and bikes entering the college.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

The initial round was a screening process and it was through telephone and later there were quite a few rounds including 3 face time interview's from the manager & senior manager,

Applications Management Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview process was detailed more focusing towards the roles and responsibilities to be understood clearly. The intention is towards analyzing the candidate capabilities to work according to the requirement of the job functionality.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding the technical jargon based dealing with expertise and knowledge.   Answer Question
    Offer was asked for 50% hike, but considering my skills and expertise knowledge on the concepts and commitment towards work, I was offered with 100% hike.

Senior Associate Interview

Through consultancy, we were first trained through the consultancy and the dell recruited few student and we directly moved to projects. The entire process was of around 2 months.

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in December 2010.

They arranged for multiple rounds. First an HR just asked general questions mostly pertaining to background and previous experience. Then there was a voice clarity round with was telephonic and automated. The IVR would ask you to repeat phrases and answer questions to get an understanding of the overall quality of your voice. Modulation is also checked probably. The next round was an ops round where they asked technical questions. The questions would not be easy unless someone has previous knowledge like I did.

Interview Questions
    • Why would a higher hertz memory not work with a lower hertz memory as dual channel?   View Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in July 2014.

First Round:
    (Analytical, programming, OOPS)
    There was an Online test which consists of questions from C, C++/Java, Data Structures, Algorithms, and Quantitative Aptitude. Questions given in the first round were little bit tough.
    (Try to solve the questions from GeeksQuiz which will speed you up during the written test)

Second Round:Discussion on project, questions from Operating systems, Database management systems, Algorithms, Data Structures.

Svc IT Dev Program Senior Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

Initial resume screening from the technical team, 1 technical telephonic round, 1 technical Skype round, 1 manager round on SKYPE, 1 HR discussion over phone. (For me all the round we either on phone or skype because I resided in Mumbai and job location was Bangalore)

Interview Questions
    • The technical rounds were based on advanced concepts of PL/SQL. Me being 2 years experience candidate was asked questions like 5+ years candidate (since the requirement was for 5+ year exp). I still managed to answer all the questions as I was preparing for OCP certification in PL/SQL.   Answer Question
    I had to show the offer letter which I got from other company in Mumbai.. still they just matched the salary and did not give anything above the offer that I had in Mumbai.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!