Dell

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2012.

Interview Details It was supposed to be a 30min interview, but only ended up being around 20min. The interviewer asked about basic marketing concepts and where I thought the most growth would be and why. Pretty straightforward marketing interview. However, never got a response from the interviewer, which I thought was odd because the interviewer was incredibly friendly.

Interview Question – Where do you see the most potential growth?   View Answers (3)

Austin, TX (US)

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2011.

Interview Details The process was a bit long and taxing. The person who initially interviewed me was a little like someone I knew before who seemed fickle and not meant to be in a position of managing people.

I interviewed on the phone. The person appeared to be star-struck. The interviewer immediately wanted me to go to the site and interview in person. So I made arrangements and made the interview happen.

After a week, the interview was to be had. I conducted it with 3 people, whom were to be met in person. The first was more of a bitter-sweet interview where the interviewer was complaining about the company and how it did not allow for their growth. The second interview was over the phone and appeared to be more of a tell me about yourself interview. Mind you, this second interview was to be in person but just did not happen. The third interview was with the hiring manager who was gaga over all the experience I had. It was interesting because I was told at the end of the interview that this interviewer thought I was too perfect until that person met me. (what ever that meant) The third interviewer was determined to get a copy of all my materials including some of my own IP where I told them initially no. It came to a point where this interviewer was taking me to show me their overall strategic plan and even handed me a copy of something confidential, which I immediately shredded when I got home -- you just dont do that to potential candidates especially in an interview. Interviewers create a moral and ethical dilemma when they do this and as a direct result, put the candidate in a really bad position.

Things just seemed to be too fishy. The hiring manager reminded me of a person I once worked with whom liked to drop problems in someone's lap and live in the limelight. Right out of the gate, the hiring manager was determined to get a confidential IP document I had presented as an example and not as a give away.

After 3 weeks, I received an email stating that their was a better candidate after receiving an email a week before stating that they were heavily considering me and I should consider them as a company too. What a waste of time. If there's anything I can tell you to better assist you, then here it is: When a company is asking you to consider them make sure they are not posting the job in the same place after they state they are no longer taking applications for a role. Its really demoralizing to candidates really.

Interview Question – How do you find your prospects?   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details I obtained an interview through an employee referral. They seemed very disorganized. I interviewed with four people and I had to remind each one why I was there and what I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell Marketing interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.