Deloitte

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2013.

Interview Details I did the Summer Leadership Program. It was a two day program with all expenses paid, including milage, meals, and parking. There was one mock interview that was very laid back and more like a conversation than a traditional interview. The program was informative and enjoyable. I definitely recommend attending.

Interview Question – There weren't many interview questions, but the ones that I was asked were mostly about information that I provided on my resume and on my application. Like I mentioned above, there was one mock interview that was very laid back and more like a conversation than a traditional interview.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details The Partner I interviewed with was very informative and was genuinely interested in the path I wanted to take. This company has lots of opportunity for growth as a professional.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Deloitte?   Answer Question

Bloomington, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview Details On-Campus behavior based interview with two partners. One from audit and one from tax. The interview took a total of one hour. I was asked primarily questions on based on my resume. A week later I was asked to visit the office in Chicago. I was put in the W hotel on Deloitte's expense. The visit was very relaxed and consisted of HR presentations and two interviews with senior management. At least one of them was an auditor from Andrew Anderson and was very sensitive to anything related to Enron. Most of the questions asked were related to why am I interested in auditing and why Deloitte.

Interview Question – To me the most difficult question was: "How do your peers know that you are putting effort in what you are doing?"   Answer Question

Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2013.

Interview Details 1st round on-campus, 2nd round in-house

Interview Question – Greatest challenge in teamwork   Answer Question

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Interview Details Standard online testing - practice tests at assessment day are useful
Online Etray - pretty much all information can be found on online forums; key is to be prepared as time is tight particularly for the second one
Final interview - the next stage is the final interview with a manager at the interview you have chosen. This is a competency based interview. I found the interview to be very rigid and there was no friendly chat. The manager did not seem to have read my notes before and did not know what I was applying for and that I had travelled from a different country. However, this may not reflect all interviewers.

Interview Question – All competency based questions which were expected.   Answer Question

Audit Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details In China, audit intern hiring process contains the following steps: online application, written test, on site interview.

Interview Question – I got a case study in on site interview. You need to pay attention to all the information on hand and figure out a comprehensive solution to the problem or provide valuable suggestion. Most importantly, you need to point out if someone is giving misleading info.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details Basic behavioral on-campus interview that led to a superday at the firm. During the superday I was interviewed by 2 partners and shown the office and taken out to lunch by a relatively new hire. Overall great experience, they notified me with a few hours after the interview to let me know that I got the offer.

Interview Question – Just general behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.
- Walk me through your resume
- Give me your 30 sec pitch
  Answer Question

Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2013.

Interview Details I submitted my online application then completed personality test. Deloitte NZ does not have psychometric tests like PwC or other firms. Then I got the phone screening from HR few days later. The phone call lasted for 5 minutes, mostly all people will have the same time limit for the phone call. After 3 days an email sent from HR concluded that my application was unable to be progressed further.

Interview Question – Why Audit? Why do you think Audit suits you?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details 1 interview in university then went to second round interview. The process took half a day. Consist of 2 interviews, lunch with associate and ended with a staff panelist where we can ask questions to the newly recruited associates.

Interview Question – Asked about an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details 1. Campus career fair - Spoke with one of the audit managers for some time. I applied online through the campus career center as requested and was accepted for an on-campus interview.

2. Pre-Interview Social - Deloitte invited all candidates to a social before the on-campus interviews. We all sat at tables with a Deloitte employee sitting at each table. It was a great opportunity to ask questions and learn about the company. It was a very relaxed evening.

3. On-Campus Interview - This was 30 minutes. I interviewed with an audit manager. Some behavorial questions, but the rest was mostly open for me to ask questions. After this I was accepted for the office visit. It took about a week to get that.

4. Pre-Office Visit Dinner - The night before the office visit there was a dinner at a nice restaurant. Only Deloitte staff and seniors were present (no partners). I felt very comfortable asking anything. This dinner went for about 2 hours.

5. Office Visit - The visit went for about 5 hours. There was an hour for breakfast and a general presentation given by one of the partners. The we went for two back-to-back interviews. One was with a manager and another with a partner. They were both basically me asking questions. They had a couple questions based on my resume, but only a couple. I lead both interviews by asking them questions and having conversation. Then we did an office tour given by some of the staff. After that we went to lunch with the staff that gave us the tours. Again, it was another nice restaurant. I sat with 2 staff and another candidate. The candidate was intent on controlling most of the conversation--it was really forced. I relaxed and interjected where it seemed to be appropriate (went for quality no quantity). After lunch, it was back to the office for another interview with a manager. Again, this was mostly me asking questions. Then we were dismissed.

6. Follow-Up - I received a phone call the same day a couple hours after the office visit. The partner I interviewed with called me and offered me the job.

My Observations...

There are many misconceptions about the Big 4. The staff are the best people to clear this up. Everyone at Deloitte is seriously motivated and proud of what they do and who they work for. They are company people and put clients first. Everyone was very nice and aimiable.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The offer was more than competitive.