Deloitte

Updated 9 Jun 2014

2.8

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

The interview process for students is extensive. It consists of spring and summer socials, online applications, 1st round campus interviews and 2nd round office interviews. Students should keep in mind that the real leg work, if they want to land an offer, is done primarily in the spring and summer. Many of the big four firms will already have an idea of most of the people they want to pass through to their second round interviews before they even interview on campus. They will keep a few slots for students that are on the edge or that flew under the radar. However, you will significantly raise your chances of landing 1st and 2nd round interviews by reaching out to recruiters and professionals ahead of time during the summer.

Leverage your school's career services and alumni network to gain the proper contacts, set up meetings and then follow up with the professionals that you meet. Build quality relationships with a few employees at each level of the firm (especially senior and manager level) rather than just trying to meet everyone you possibly can at networking events. When you make quality connections, those people will vouch for you in the interview selection process.

Interview Questions
  • They may ask you to describe your leadership style which can be challenging for people. Don't just say you lead by example without expanding, or else the interviewer might just take this as "I'm not really a leader." All of the questions are pretty normal behavioral questions. Hardly any curve balls or technical questions.   View Answer
The negotiation phase only happens if you have multiple offers and it is pretty minimal. You have to tell the companies what the others have offered you and usually it is not related to intern wages but instead things like a rotation abroad or a crossover internship between audit, tax and advisory. If you do not have multiple offers you have no leverage and you accept, because any internship is a great opportunity.

The tricky part is that if you get an offer at the end of your internship you will not have any other offers to compare your salary to, or negotiate with. Deloitte offered at 48,500 which was competitive with the other companies, but we didn't know this at the time we had to accept. 0

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Intern Interview

Campus/phone interview, asked back for a second interview to the offices of location. From there, had 2 more interviews with manager/ Sr. manager - fairly laid back, behavioral questions, very conversational. Got a call back a couple hours after I left the office, as did the other candidates who were offered a position, I assume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unexpected change, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Two rounds of interviews on campus with four partners from Deloitte. They called people the night after the first round interview and notify us whether we made it to the second round the next day. The first round interviews consisted of two 30-minute interviews back to back with two partners and the second round consisted of one 30-minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • All conversational and standard behavioral or go over the resume questions.   Answer Question
    Passed the 2nd-round, waiting to hear back with the office visit.

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

It is done via on campus recruiting. I applied online through my university's career website, and submitted both my resume and unofficial transcript. After being selected for interview on campus, Deloitte had a dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was held in a bar/restaurant and it is optional. The next day was the interview. After the interview, I got a respond from the HR person few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans in the next 5 years? What about the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Basic behavioral on-campus interview that led to a superday at the firm. During the superday I was interviewed by 2 partners and shown the office and taken out to lunch by a relatively new hire. Overall great experience, they notified me with a few hours after the interview to let me know that I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just general behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.
      - Walk me through your resume
      - Give me your 30 sec pitch
        Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

There is a pre-interview social the night before to meet the professionals. The staff were nice. The on-campus interview only lasted 25 min. 5 min of administration. I described myself, explain the reason why I want to go to certain location and was asked one more question before the interviewer asked me to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to work on a tight time schedule.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

Recruitment for internships took place largely through on campus recruitment and were routed through my university's career center. First round interviews seemed largely determinant upon GPA and impressions from Meet the Firms. Second round interview provided lodging for us at the office location we were interested in working at and consisted of three interviews with manager and above level professionals followed by a nice lunch where we met some younger professionals. Offers were given out a few weeks later uniformly by the big 4 and we had two weeks to decide.

Interview Questions
    • None, most of my interviews were more conversations with the interviewers. One interview who was recently promoted to manager had a list of questions he joked he felt like he should ask me at least one and it was "Tell me about a time you had to give someone bad news and how you handled it". But the answer quickly became conversation as well.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

The interview was held on campus. To me the interview was sort of informal. I really liked the flow of the conversation that the recruiter and I had. We basically discussed what I had on my resume and some of my strengths and weaknesses. I believe the interview lasted for about 30 minutes and then we were done.

Audit Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte.

Schedule to meet Ascend national convention at Chicago. 2 professionals 30 minutes for each. Behavior questions + Q&A session. Got phone call 2 weeks later interview again.

Interview Questions
    • Two interviewer are nice to talk with, and we started with typical talk about yourself question, few behavior question concerning team work, balance between life and work etc.   Answer Question
    Yet to see the outcome of 2nd interview.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Campus interview was pretty easy. I was at a target school and probably >50% of applicants got campus interviews, and the majority of campus interviews got office interviews.

At the office visit, the first interview was pretty relaxed and mostly an opportunity for me to ask questions. Right at the beginning of my second office interview that day, with the partner, they extended the offer. It was nice to have the pressure out of the way at that point, and we went out for a very nice lunch ($90 w/o alcohol).

All of the Big 4 are very similar- they treat you very well for a campus hire and bring out all the wow things, and the offers they give for a given market are almost exactly the same. My EY offer was literally within 3 cents per hour, same signing bonus, etc. Ultimately it was the people and overall feel of the visit that made me choose one firm over the other, and either choice would have been a good one.

Interview Questions
    • There we no technical questions that I remember, but they asked several times for experiences I had on teams and how I had learned to contribute or resolve conflicts. Almost any answer is acceptable, they want to see how you communicate and whether you are confident and positive about the experience. Practice telling concise and relevant stories.

I was also surprised at times at how much time they gave ME to ask questions in the interview. I had prepared a few to ask, but if I did it again I would have a large list of potential questions because they gave me many opportunities to ask them and it seems unprofessional when you don't have anything to ask.
        Answer Question
    For campus hires there isn't really a salary negotiation, recruiters and school representatives made that clear before we flew out. Since I had two offers, I got Deloitte to agree to let me choose which clients to work on during the internship as an added bonus (everybody gets to ask for preferred clients or industries, but they gave me slightly special treatment in order to make the offer sweeter than EY's without changing the pay).