Deloitte

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

Interview Details There were many rounds of interview they emphasise on your communication skills and presentation. The interview was not so tough but you need to know your areas well.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Audit Interview

Senior Audit
Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details firstly, apply online, and then have tests which differs every year, may be logical, numerical or personality tests. After that, we will have face-to-face interview by the manager, it takes the type of group interview, we discuss a case as a team and make presentations. Finally, we will have the face-to-face interview by the partner.

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details It is rather similar in all BIG4 comparies, so I guess it is better to ask company's HR for the particular process - they are very transparent and definitely would describe it better than me, as it was long ago..
Still, there was initial testing process (computer tests, when you and other applicants sit together each in front of his PC and answer technical (accounting, number-crunching) and English knowledge tests.
Then if it is ok, you are invited to the "cocktail party" - the party with some company employees, who actually will decide if they want you to work for the Firm or not later.
If all is ok, you are invited for the interview with the Partner of your future Department.

All steps are transparent, people are friendly and professional.

Interview Question – nothing special, really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing. It was standard package for the initial position of Audit Assistant.

Audit Senior

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details Spoke with HR coordinator and met with 2 partners

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions for me since I had prior audit experience at another firm. Just make sure to act interested and ask a lot of questions when talking to the partners. They like to feel important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a senior role when I applied for a staff position, so the offer came with more money than I was anticipating and I accepted.

Geelong (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview Details Planning, number of interview

Interview Question – Was definitely not ready for that   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details It's a very good interview process, they are very clear with the schedule and people you are interviewing with, and also their position with the firm. They provide specific details about the job and benefits you have once joining them. The length of this process is

Interview Question – Why would you like to go back to the audit practice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

South Bend, IN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2009.

Interview Details Typically done at a younger age, either through on campus hirings or after having completed an internship. Internship interviews consisted of multiple rounds with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unable to do something on your own and had to rely on your network to solve a problem   Answer Question

Audit Senior

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details There are two stages for experience hired. The first stage is with HR and the second stage is with partners. During time of high need of man power, they will condense the interview process and have only one round of interview. It focuses on technical knowledge and experiences.

Interview Question – What object will you descibe yourself as and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Audit Senior

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Campus recruiting entails submitting resume and being wined and dined by all the firms. All of the big four are the same, so it's helpful to get to know the culture of each firm. However, more likely than not, the people who recruited you will have quit by the time you start.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions; purely behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non existent

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Interview Details Very easy....just chit chatted with a partner and had a sr manager ask me behavioral based questions

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer from PwC

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!