Deloitte

Updated 12 Dec 2014

3.1

141 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

First round was on campus, and it included one behavioral interview and one case interview. The second round was at their office, and consisted of one one-hour long case interview. The second round had a partner and a senior consultant.

Interview Questions
  • The partner will try to trip you up in their questioning, and play the game where they answer the phone in the middle of your second round.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

I attended an interview in college. We were 24 new graduate and students.
    First of all we made a call and we presented ourself briefly.
    Then a senior manager showed all the steps necessary to obtain a job in Deloitte and all the possible careers.
    At the end of the morning we had to sustain a logical and mathematical test in 40 minutes.
    Looking on the test results, some of us have been invited to take part to a study case in the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Logical and mathematical test. It was not difficult but it was a test composed by 40 questions which has to be solved in 40 minutes. It is not possible to use a calculator.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Deloitte Consulting has a relatively quick hiring process. I was alerted about the first-round interview around 10 days before interview date. The hiring managers were very nice and professional as were the greeters and interviewers. The interview itself consisted of one 30 minute behavioral interview and one 30 minute case. A lot depends a lot upon the interviewers you get. It seems that some perform the behavioral portion differently, some asking more broad questions and others asking more specific questions. The case portion of the interview was relatively straight forward but went by very quickly, so make sure to communicate clearly what you can in the short time you have.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interviewer asked very specific questions about situations and examples of leadership, specifically asking about examples of leadership besides significant ones already present on my resume.   Answer Question
    • I was surprised about the amount of time allotted for me to ask the interviewers questions. Particularly in the case interview, there was time for me to ask the interviewer several questions before I moved on to the behavioral portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Very involved process. First round had 2 interviews - one behavioral and one case. The case was not the normal business case. Involved a lot of graphs and not as much calculation. Interpreting graphs etc. Second round was one house long case. Similar to the first case but more in depth

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Invited to pre-interview networking event and pre-interview Ace the Case Workshop. Interview consisted of 30 min behavioural part (Why Deloitte, why consulting etc) and a 30 min Case Interview. The Case interview was easy and both interviewers were very polite. However, while they both said at the end of the interview that I was great and they liked my organization and thought process I did not pass to the next round [god knows why].

Business Analyst Interview

Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral interview was with a partner. Pretty conversational in nature. The partner gave off a strange vibe though, seemed like I was wasting his time. Pretty straight forward though. The case was easy, if you prepare ahead of time you will be fine. Overall okay/bad experience, but they were quick to say no.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties do you see with working for Deloitte?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I had an initial conversation with a recruiter, who then set me up with two phone interviews - one behavioral and one case. The behavioral was pretty straight forward, asked mostly about my resume, experience working with others, why I would be a good fit, etc. The case interview was a typical Deloitte-style case as presented on their website. If you practice cases and go over the format that they give you you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How would you recommend we increase out product network - acquiring a competitor, starting on our own, or a joint venture?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Recruiting came on campus and needed to apply through campus career center and company website. First round on campus with one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. Second round was the next day consisting of one hour long interview with a partner and a senior manager. Decisions were given early the next week. Networking was highly important throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • First round case was easy. Second round case was highly nuanced and extremely exhibit/numbers based.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

1st round and 2nd round had similar format: 1 behavioral and 1 case. Case seemed far more quantitative based than the online practice, which suggests that your recommendations are problem framework and questions are more important. Not like a typical consulting interview where I needed to ask specific questions to get more information. The interviewer had specific, quantitative = questions for me and provided a chart with lots of superfluous information. Had to pull the correct data from the chart to do calculations.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

Applied through on-campus recruiting at university. First-round interviews consisted of a case and a behavioral interview. Attended a dinner before second-round interview. Second-round interview was with two partners from different offices.

Interview Questions
    • Case interviews were predictable, lots of math. And lots of follow up questions to create context for the answers.   Answer Question
    I didn't want to negotiate. Tips to consider accepting offer: analyze how the business analysts and consultants talk about their long-term goals.