Deloitte

Updated Aug 1, 2014

3.1

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Referred through a Partner. Then had screening call w/ HR, then 2 phone interviews. Then 2 in person interviews at their office.

More competitive opportunity elsewhere

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

It was a case-interview round about the industry project and your opinions

Business Analyst Interview

Applied through the Recruiter. Initial 30 minutes phone screen, followed by in-person interview. The process was straight forward, nothing difficult in it.

Interview Questions
    • Qs. were not based upon my resume! Seemed they have a set of questions, irrespective of a person's work experience or skills.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

group interview followed directly by partner interview, where college experience and passion for consulting and the company were being queried. Interviewers are nice in general (as what you would expect from consultants). Hiring process was not rigorous in terms of testing candidates' analytical and problem solving skills. HR are nice, but not particularly helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you meditate (I listed meditation as one of my interests)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus recruiting

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Recruit from select universities, at which info sessions are hosted. Handful of recruits complete on campus or in office initial screening interviews. There may be two future rounds of recruiting, each with multiple interviews with people of different levels. Cases are used to test the applicants potential fit for the role.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

If selected for first round interviews, they offer some workshops and events to let you get to know some current BA's or BTA's and go through the whole case interview process. They also assign you an "interview buddy," also typically a current BA/BTA, who answers any questions and also goes through another practice case interview with you. First round interview itself is an hour: 30 mins each for both the case and behavioral interviews. 2nd rounds are supposed to be a bit longer, where you actually work through a few case studies with Deloitte partners at the office.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview portion is fairly tricky, but with good practice, knowing what questions to ask and how to approach the problem should come easy.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

There are two parts to the first round interview, one case and one "fit" interview. Deloitte's cases are different than many of the other big firms, in that there are multiple parts and one "right answer" that you're supposed to get to on each part. The interview was not nearly as open ended as I anticipated, and the interviewer was relatively unhelpful in guiding me when I get stuck. Overall did not go very well, and I did not receive an offer for the second round. The "fit" part is very relaxed, and is more a conversation than anything else. Case interviewer was a Senior Consultant, while the "fit" interviewer was lower level.

Interview Questions
    • Question was about advising a global pharmaceutical company on a new drug roll-out in Europe.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interviews were somewhat difficult with a heavy component of case interviews. The behavioral interview was relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • If you study case interviews (Ace the Case), most of the questions were expected.   Answer Question
    Non-existent

Business Analyst Interview

I was brought in to interview for this position. I met with three different individuals: one from human resources and two from business line positions. The HR person reviewed the firm's benefits and career paths. The business people were both recent hirees over the past two years. The HR person took about 30 minutes and then it was 25-30 minutes each with the staff people.

Interview Questions
    • A hypothetical question about how to resolve a business problem.   Answer Question