Deloitte

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

305 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

I was hired via Naukri.com. Was invited to the office where about 1400 other candidates across al technologies and upto 9 years of experience were present.
There were 3 F2F rounds.
Round 1: Core Technical: Was grilled on core java, spring, JDBC and HIbernate, Most questions were on OOPS concepts, multithreading, classloading, serialisation, even reflection, The interviewer tried to confuse me with absolutely no expression on his face whenever I answered. I had no hopes of getting through Until he told me I was clear
Round 2: Taken By a manager. Was asked to write some SQL queries. Also was asked to write the Java API String Reverse code.
Round 3: Was asked questions based on project by another manager. Was told about the tough working environment I should expect here.
Round 4: Versant test. Basically tests your grasp on US accent.

Interview Questions
  • What does Class mean when we write class.forName in JDBC   Answer Question
No point negotiating. They wont listen. But they make decent offer at first.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

I was recruited via campus recruitment. First round was an online aptitude test, basic questions, speed and accuracy were the key to cracking it. The results were declared a week later. The second and third rounds were held in the same day. The second round involved a Case Study about a firm planning to expand it's business via database management and other technical enhancements to the existing business, this was followed by 4 questions; working in a team of 8 people, we were supposed to come up with the answers to these questions. The third round was the personal interview, the interviewer checked my basic coding skills, asked me about my internships and interests.

Interview Questions
    • I mentioned in my interests that I'm a keen follower of International economics, my interview asked me to explain the crisis in European Union and what I think Deloitte should do to while dealing with clients who are unable to pay their fees.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process was smooth. Mostly ,questions were around core java and j2ee frameworks. If you are strong in basics and comfortable with few frameworks that would be enough. May be need to write code if required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

It was a one day process. My interview was scheduled at 11 a.m. When I reached the venue I observed that a huge crowd had turned up. Looking at the list which the security personnel had, I can guess they called around 1500+ people.
    The higher management was taking a session for all those who were waiting for their slots in the conference hall, which was good actually. They were very interactive and professional. I was called up for the interview at around 12:30 along with all those who were in my slot. We waited in one of the floors after submitting our CVs.
    My interview started at 2:30, the first round was very very easy. Simple basic questions that even a fresher can answer, went on for 15 mins. Came back to the waiting room and waited for the next round.
    The next round started at 4:30 and it also went on for maximum 10 mins or so. Same questions as the first round.
    The other 2 rounds were a bit quick, which includes the managerial round and a Versant test. The final round took place at 7 p.m. which was just a formality.

In all the entire day was tiring, also the questions asked were just not up to the standards. It was more like "I am here to select you, so lets get this over with" than "This is an important position in a big organization, let see who capable you are"

After getting selected, the salary offered was way beyond expectation, just like a service bases company, due to which I had to reject the offer

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult Question : Why do you want to switch?
      All other questions were just basic. No where related to technical competency. As they were hiring in bulk I suppose they wanted the process to end quickly.

Answer Question

Salary offered was way below the market standards. When I got the mail regarding compensation, I was like "Supposedly World's No.1 Organization and this is the salary Rofl"
    HR was not ready to negotiate as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

This was during Campus Placements in India. Interviewing for Deloitte Consulting USI.
    1. Aptitude test : Quant, Logic, DI and Verbal.
    2. Case Study : mostly related to Software Engineering coursework.
    3. Interview (mostly non technical)

Interview Questions
    • Case Study might get tricky if you dont have your Software Engineering basics right.   Answer Question

I went overseas for higher education.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

The process was in 3 parts:
    1. Online Written Test Based on Aptitude- Just practice normal aptitude questions from books like Arun Sharma and other aptitude books. It consisted of Quant, Logical Reasoning and English section. Speed and Accuracy plays important role
    2. Case Study GD Round - Practice for GD and be fluent in your Communication.
    3. Personal Interviews- Be Yourself and rest it all depends oon your luck.

Applied Through College.
    First Round : Online Test [Logical , Verbal and Aptitude] conducted by Amcat.
    Only shortlisted students went to the next round which was conducted after two days.
    Second Round : Group Discussion
    Third Round : HR Interview.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

The entire procedure took two days.
    First round was online aptitude test(quant, LR, Verbal)
    After short listing of the candidates there was group discussion/presentation round(gd was based on a case study provided,the same was given as presentation)
    Final round was HR interview-basis HR question were asked and some details CV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

It was a campus recruitment and there were over 250 applicants.

Firstly we had a written round conducted by AMCAT where there were mainly questions from Aptitude & Reasoning, Verbal Ability , Einstein problems etc. It was a 1 hour exam, the only problem was that once you answered a question you can't go back , so keep that in mind while answering. Practice a few basic einstein problems , and the APTI part can be easily done if you have solve R.S.Aggarwal & Indiabix

We were given an hour long presentation about which was really interesting and useful for me in the next rounds.

After that the results were announced and around 35% people where shorlisted for the 2nd round which was a CASE study round where we were given a scenario where we had to think like Deloittians and give the solution to a problem. It can be a problem related for creation of a software or about the introduction of a new product in the market. Total of 40 mins were given in which the last 15 mins was for paper presentation, we had to prepare a chart about what we discussed & answering the set of questions given to us. (TIP : Kindly be vocal and voice your opinions in the discussion, Don't be just an observer)

Around 60% made it to the next round which was P.I. (Technical+HR) , The questions ranged from personal questions like Tell Me about Yourself, Walk me through your C.V. , a few Projects related questions to technical questions like Tell me about all the sorting and searching techniques with their complexities, Which is the best Sorting technique, About a few queries implemented in the project, the programming languages you like to doing a few basic coding etc. (TIP: Be very passionate about the answers that You give & Show your energy & excitement about joining one of the top 4 consultancy firms in the world)

In the end around 20 people were shortlisted & I was very excited to find my name in that list.
    All the best and keep your cool, you will be a Deloittian too :)

Interview Questions
    • Which is the best Sorting technique and explain it.
      Project related question.
      What would you do if you get a better offer in terms of money.

Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

4 rounds -> 2 technical . 1 Versant English 1. HR round . Mine technical rounds were clubbed and I got through them easily . Were asking most of Core Java Questions