Deloitte

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

3.3

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I interviewed as an experienced hire, and a contact of mine sent my resume to a recruiter. The recruiter reached out to me for an informal chat. After the chat, she determined we should move forward, and set up a phone interview for me and a manager 3 days later. The phone interview was mostly behavioral - asked questions about my leadership and management styles, how I motivate a group of people, etc. The next day, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview. This was scheduled for two days later, and consisted of 3 in-person interviews. One was a behavioral interview - she asked questions about my experiences, why I wanted to get into consulting, etc. The next was a case interview - it wasn't too stressful. I practiced using their online tools, and looked up a few acronyms that were tossed around, as I had little prior business experience. I asked relevant questions and set up a framework for the interview. The last interview was more of a technical skills alignment interview - she asked questions more specific to what skills of mine would be transferable to consulting (e.g. analyzing the market, implementing a change in organizational structure, etc.). I was contacted within 2 weeks, and was given great feedback. Unfortunately, my timeline was not conducive to their anticipated start date, so I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time you implemented an organizational change.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume and heard back about first round interview on campus. Second round interview was conducted at the office itself. Whole process was about a month long. Heard back about decision 5 days after final interview.

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Had a phone interview which lasted about 10 mins. She was very impressed with my resume` and my answers. We were told that they would be in contact on Monday, if you were selected for a 2nd interview. Not sure what happened but I didn't receive a call.

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the very next day. The recruiter asked a variety of questions on qualifications, salary etc. The recruiter then said they would contact me again setting up a phone interview with a Manager. I had a 35-40min interview, I was asked A LOT of questions, know the field you are applying for!! Also have at least for questions for the interviewer, sound enthusiastic.

After a week and a half, the recruiter called me to schedule the office interview, which was a week later. I met with 3 managers, two were very nice but I think I bombed the case, which had to do with organization transformation. The case manager looked like he couldn't be bothered, intimidating. I think that this was a tactic and I failed because I got so nervous.

Same old case on implementing new system, just use people, process & tech or a close enough model. I forgot what I wanted to say because of the interviewers stare of death! It got so awkward. The interviewer dictated a really long case very fast and said I should not write anything down, be prepared for this. All the best to those interviewing, do your best, if you don't make it, there is something better for you out there .

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

First round interview at the college recruitment office. They were polite but reserved. Included a 30 minute behavioral and a 30 minute case interview. I did not go through the typical route to get the interview but did meet them at the campus career fair. It is helpful that I have a great GPA but a detriment is my college major, which is not in the realm of business.

Interview Questions
    • The business case about how a company should brand their TVs to help sales.   Answer Question

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

First interview was a 30 minute sense check phone call with the recruiter. Pretty simple, just a high-level walk through of some resume items; looking to ensure there aren't any glaring red flags with your experience or how you present yourself.

Second interview was a 30/45 minute phone call with a senior consultant. A brief high-level review of the resume followed by more specific behavioral questions about past experiences. As you would expect with a practitioner asking the questions this time, they were more pointed and related to the practice with which you are interviewing. In my case, I think the questions were around examples of leading change initiatives, communicating change effectively, managing through ambiguity, etc.

Office visit was next, which consisted of two behavioral type interviews and a case. If you get to this point, you'll get a load of resources to from the recruiter to help you prepare. So I'll just briefly summarize the three interviews:
        Behavioral 1 (45 min) - Focus Area evaluation – related technical skills, industry specific knowledge development and sharing
        Behavioral 2 (45 min)- Consulting Attributes evaluation - Demonstration/knowledge of the consulting process, effective communication skills, teaming/mentoring/leading of others, knowledge sharing, business and people development, engagement management
       Case (30 min) - Human capital specific - Case is presented to you be interviewer, along with key facts/figures, then you're given a couple minutes to analyse/digest, then asked to walk them through issues, problems, solutions. It's much more of a fluid conversation than it is a typical "strategy" case interview. It's best to be able to demonstrate level of analytical/process driven thinking, as well the ability to communicate to the practitioner effectively. There isn't a right or wrong answer necessarily, but you will need to be in the general vicinity. Specifically, my question was around a brand holding company that was looking to break apart/divest it's 3 key brands into three separate companies. What were some of the issues and challenges that would arise along the way?

Whole interview process from first contact to offer took about a month. Office interview was on a Friday, had my offer by the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • The case wasn't necessarily hard, but I could see it being a little uncomfortable dealing with the ambiguity of that style of question if you're not used to it   Answer Question
    Open to salary negotiation, if you think you're worth more, make your case to the recruiter and they'll take it to the partner.

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

First contact was a group "get to know you" session with all other applicants and current consultants on campus. Next was an interview with 2 people and then second round was a two day process in SF

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Multi-round interview process with networking events that seemed to determine whether or not you got taken on to the final round. The final round interview was a full weekend process where you had 3 one-on-one interviews and 1 group interview. The group interview seemed to tank a lot of people.

Interview Questions
    • The group interview was really annoying -- if you got stuck with a difficult group you could end up being screwed.   Answer Question

Human Capital Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

The process was straight forward

Human Capital Consultant Interview

I attended and information session and talked to Deloitte recruiters at a career fair. My first interview was very stressful- the interviewer kept asking me why I was looking to go into consulting when I wasn't a business major. He also asked me some technical questions which he didn't expect me to understand, although I did. Overall bad experience which made me question Deloitte as a company.