Deloitte LLP

59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details On campus interview then office interview

Interview Question – The questions were more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details The interview process for students is extensive. It consists of spring and summer socials, online applications, 1st round campus interviews and 2nd round office interviews. Students should keep in mind that the real leg work, if they want to land an offer, is done primarily in the spring and summer. Many of the big four firms will already have an idea of most of the people they want to pass through to their second round interviews before they even interview on campus. They will keep a few slots for students that are on the edge or that flew under the radar. However, you will significantly raise your chances of landing 1st and 2nd round interviews by reaching out to recruiters and professionals ahead of time during the summer.

Leverage your school's career services and alumni network to gain the proper contacts, set up meetings and then follow up with the professionals that you meet. Build quality relationships with a few employees at each level of the firm (especially senior and manager level) rather than just trying to meet everyone you possibly can at networking events. When you make quality connections, those people will vouch for you in the interview selection process.

Interview Question – They may ask you to describe your leadership style which can be challenging for people. Don't just say you lead by example without expanding, or else the interviewer might just take this as "I'm not really a leader." All of the questions are pretty normal behavioral questions. Hardly any curve balls or technical questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase only happens if you have multiple offers and it is pretty minimal. You have to tell the companies what the others have offered you and usually it is not related to intern wages but instead things like a rotation abroad or a crossover internship between audit, tax and advisory. If you do not have multiple offers you have no leverage and you accept, because any internship is a great opportunity.

The tricky part is that if you get an offer at the end of your internship you will not have any other offers to compare your salary to, or negotiate with. Deloitte offered at 48,500 which was competitive with the other companies, but we didn't know this at the time we had to accept. 0

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details Three interview Process

On-Campus Interview: Interview was with a Director. I think it was a fit test because aside from pretty standard behavioral questions, the interview focused on our experiences that led us to where we were respectively and our goals moving forward. The interviewer did scrutinize my transcript so be prepared to explain blips and dips in grades.

On-site Interview with Manager & Partner: Separate interview but they were both very nice and welcoming. Walked them through my resume and then it became conversational. One focused more on the required questions as opposed to the other but both made it easy to talk to them.

Interview Question – "If there is one thing you want me to know about you by the end of this interview, what would you want me to know?"   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details Social then interview the next day

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were unsuccessful in college   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details Interview consisted of three interviews. A interview with a partner was the first round and an interview with a partner and a manager was the second.

Interview Question – Asked why I wanted to work in the specific answer.   Answer Question

McLean, VA (US)

I interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details Deloitte knows how to wine and dine future talent. They are engaging and polite people, and know how to entice someone to come into their Big4 realm.

Interview Question – Most behavioral interview questions were pretty basic, just study up and be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, as and intern you take the given hourly salary, which is amazing anyway.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2013.

Interview Details Had a phone interview with two people from HR. Mostly behavioral questions with one or two questions geared towards the industry as a whole.

Interview Question – "What is the biggest challenge you see facing professional services firms such as Deloitte today and in the near future?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Called the next day with an offer and I accepted within a week. No negotiation of pay.

Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details applied through university website. had an on-campus interview with a director. later I was called for an on-site visit where I met 2 partners. Offer was communicated by one of the partners within a couple of hours after the visit.

Interview Question – All the questions were resume-based and behavioral. No technical questions   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details Campus recruiting. Applied through University career site.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details They came on campus to recruit and the process was very nice. First interview was very smooth and it was just a way for you to tell them anything you want about yourself. Second interview was at their office and much more structured. Interviewed with senior manager and partner.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to implement an unpleasant plan.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Audit Intern interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.