Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

114 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details Interviews were somewhat difficult with a heavy component of case interviews. The behavioral interview was relatively easy.

Interview Question – If you study case interviews (Ace the Case), most of the questions were expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details I was brought in to interview for this position. I met with three different individuals: one from human resources and two from business line positions. The HR person reviewed the firm's benefits and career paths. The business people were both recent hirees over the past two years. The HR person took about 30 minutes and then it was 25-30 minutes each with the staff people.

Interview Question – A hypothetical question about how to resolve a business problem.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details I applied to the business analyst program through the Tuck Business Bridge Program. I had to submit my resume and cover letter. I got an interview slot with them which was half an hour of a case interview and half an hour behavioral interview. The interviews were with two different people.

Interview Question – Wasn't really any hard questions. The case was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2013.

Interview Details *The interview process was okay. The people were nice, but the case interviewer was a bit rude. It was rushed, and there was no feedback. The interviewer was on his computer sending emails and so on and I felt like I didn't receive the attention I deserved.

Interview Question – Behavioral: what is the similarity between a milk carton and a plane seat   View Answers (4)

New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details The interview process includes two rounds of interviews. Round one includes a 30 minutes behavioral interviews and a 30 minutes case study. Round two combines a little bit of behavioral but is mostly geared towards the case study- usually 60 minutes long

Interview Question – The behavioral questions were a little unexpected for round 2.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details After sending in my resume and motivation letter I was asked to do an online assesment. This consisted of two parts: questions about competencies and 4 different tests on reasoning (verbal, abstract, etc). I was called for an interview later that week.

The interview, which was with one consultant and someone from HR, was focussed on my motivation for the job and Deloitte, and some standard questions about resume and personal characteristics. After that here was a small business case, which relied pretty heavily on calculations and took about 20 minutes. Afterwards the results of the assesment were shared.

Interview Question – There were quite a lot of questions on motivation for Deloitte, which I hadn't anticipated in a first interview.   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2013.

Interview Details Be very prepared for case interview questions. Use their website to review. The case interviews are not terribly difficult but you need to practice them in order to get the flow and structure of the questions down. Process is pretty simple. First round two case interviews. Second round is 3 cases.

Interview Question – The business cases.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in August 2013.

Interview Details Received initial interview through a friend and proceeded to have first phone interview with a recruiter. About two weeks later, I spoke with a manager over the phone for 30 minutes and then scheduled my final interview about 3 weeks later.
It was roughly 3 hours at the Arlington (Rosslyn), VA location. The people were very professional, quick and down to business. The in person consisted of a final behavioral with a director, and two case studies with two different consultants.

I sent thank you letters and about two weeks later, I was asked to submit my initial background check application. I know for a fact that this was not what eliminated me as I've done Federal checks before. About 3 weeks later, I was told that I was not extended an offer.

Overall, very quick and efficient recruiting process. My recruiter was there to answer questions throughout.

Interview Question – First case question threw me off as I may have been nervous. It was along the lines of; A postal client wants to perform %100 scanning capability of their packages and mail. They have 13 different locations. How do you go about implementing %100 scan rate and therefore higher rate of customer satisfaction. I was presented with a sheet of different package volumes for 3 locations after I concluded that 13 locations may be too much and they must choose to consolidate.   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details The first round interview involves a 30 minute case interview as well as a 30 minute fit interview. The case interviewer was fairly tough in terms of the expected answer, but the fit interviewer was very comfortable and receptive.

Interview Question – Was asked to assign the axes of a graph showing product performance   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not love to culture the company presented to me. It seemed a little cut-and-dry and serious.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP