Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2011.

Interview Details It was a easy and was asked basic question like where do u see yourself in 5 yrs, tell me which manager u like and why. Explain me how u see yourself FIT for this profile.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good... Initially i was offered less but after the negotiation i was paid what i was expecting.

Project Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in March 2012.

Interview Details Was contacted through campus recruiting, only got the first round interview which was a phone interview; was asked questions about my knowledge of Excel; lasted about 25 minutes.

Interview Question – One of the questions was "If you have a lot of data, what will you do"?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details Initial interview had two parts. One technical and one behavioral. Behavioral was very standard and technical had mostly to do with excel. Second round interview was a behavioral and a case interview. Both were also pretty standard. Interviewers are very nice and want you to succeed.

Interview Question – All are pretty simple   Answer Question

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details First 3 recruiters talked to the group of 5 candidates, then led one of us into a room with an interviewer. The recruiter asked behavioral questions about conflict resolution and leadership. He also asked how I would handle doing many different tasks at once. After this they took me into a room where a different recruiter inquired about my Excel skills.

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2012.

Interview Details Everyone that I spoke with was extremely friendly and looking to help you throughout the process. The company is team oriented and the employees seem to be pretty intelligent and generally outgoing. They want you to have a clear idea in your head going into the interview of what Deloitte is all about and why you want to be a part of that. Other firms I've interviewed for in the past weren't as concerned with that. They want you to have an idea of how you would fit in and why it is a good fit for you, so definitely be able to list a few specific examples of that.

The interview process tends to be quick. I had a phone interview over the winter holidays and heard back a day or two after that I had moved on to the final round. Then the first week in Jan I had a superday with 3 different people (2 behavioral and 1 case). I heard back from them a few days later on their decision. Even if the position is more on the technical side, the interviews are focused on behavioral type questions and how you would fit in with company culture. It is very important that you present yourself as a team player and that you talk about how you interact with your team as well as your superiors and people outside the team. Of course, think of questions about the company culture to ask for after the interview. If you are stuck on those, ask about mentorship within the company, if they pay for advanced degrees and how their internal points system works (for participating in company events and clubs).

The case study was to create a budget. You have to ask for information to complete it, so just stay calm and think through it. It isn't a complicated case since they just want to see how you reason. It's more common sense type scenario. After that they give you a situation where the client wants to cut costs and you have to go through how you would figure out what to cut. Just ask about the importance of different items and make some assumptions. As long as they are reasonable and you explain yourself, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to give someone bad news.   Answer Question
  • If you had issues with your superior, how would you go about addressing them?   View Answer
  • In a group are you a team member, a leader, or a follower?   View Answer
  • What do you know about Deloitte and the Project Controller practice?   Answer Question
  • How do you think your skills contribute to this position and why do you think this position is right for you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got an offer for a position with another firm in investment management, which is the field I preferred to be in.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied on my university's career site and got an email from the recruiter for an interview. I was asked to fill out a couple of forms and submit a cover letter before the interview. Both rounds of the interviews were on the same day. One 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute technical during the first round took place in the morning. I got called back in the afternoon for the second round. Did another 30-minute behavioral and a 30-minute case study. Each interview was with a different senior manager. My interview was on Monday and received the call for an offer on Thursday! Very quick and painless process!

Interview Question – Technical interview was completely based on knowledge of excel!   View Answers (2)

Project Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in April 2010.

Interview Details The interview consists of two parts. The first part is all behavioral interview questions. The second interview consists of case study questions.

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2010.

Interview Details There was an initial phone screen that asked simple questions as well as difficult questions. They focused on computer/software skills, previous job experience, as well as general knowledge about the position. About three weeks later I received an email requesting an in office interview. These were set up for a week later and consisted of two 30 minute interviews. They were the typical questions about resume and work experience and "tell me about a time when..." questions. Hours later, I received an e-mail asking me to come back for a second round of interviews.
Scheduled for the same week, second round consisted of a behavioral interview and case interview. I was antsy about the case interview, but it was not as stressful as I expected. The behavioral interview was a more challenging than the first round, but again, not too hard.
The people I met were all very friendly, the office atmosphere was bright and spacious. Work ethic seems to be very important here, if you're not on top of your game, you're on your way out.
A week later I received a phone call to extend an offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Project Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.