Deloitte

Average Difficulty
197 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details The first time ever I was approached by Deloitte (Hyderabad) for an interview was back in 2012. The HR called me, asked for details and fixed a telephonic round next day. There was no call after that.

Another HR called me a week or two later, with the same promise. There was no call again.

Third time, I laughed off the HR who called making the same offer.
In short, a rather unprofessional bunch. I had to refuse every other consultant who came calling after.

Another of the rounds happened during the last month - July 2014. First they called me out of the blue asking for a telephonic round. While reluctant, I gave them a chance. Same story happened all over again. No call whatsoever.

Second time, they called again. Trying to be reasonable I gave them another chance on the condition, they make a written confirmation on email. While there was no confirmation, this was the first time I got a technical round call. I told the interviewer to reschedule because I was not informed of the interview. His response was - Deloitte is very busy hiring people so there will be a slim chance of a reschedule. I said I was ok with it, if I dint get a chance to work with Deloitte for their own unprofessional-ism. The interviewer said he will talk to HR and get back to me.

Third time, I waited for the call. It came 40 mins after the scheduled time. Finally I did have a technical round but it lasted only 20 mins. (I gave 1 hr gap between interview and the meeting and given they called 40 mins after scheduled time, I could only give them 20 more mins).

Fourth time, I again got a call which lasted 2 mins because the HR had scheduled me for an interview which was not my core technology.

Fifth time, there was no call even after 20 mins the schedule time. HR was apologetic and asked for a reschedule.

Sixth time, was the time which finally broke my patience. There was again no call at the scheduled time and I gave the HR a piece of my mind.

Normally a person shouldn't give these many chances to companies which are totally unprofessional in their behaviour. They treat their time as gold and interviewee's as not worth anything.

My advice stay away from the company which treats people like this.

Interview Question – As I never really got a chance to interview properly, there weren't any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details The company recruits mostly from campuses like India Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Calcutta, Bangalore, SP Jain and Indian School of Business. There are mostly 2 rounds - one behavioral and one case study round.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation done

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Multiple rounds of interview, spanned over technical, managerial and even English proficiency test. This was carried out very professionally. The whole thing happened over a period of 2 months after which they roll out the offer letter provided you clear the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such if you know why you are there   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given the role I was expecting so it was good.

Senior Consultant

Interview Details I went through a referral program. The first round was a telephonic interview and thereafter 4 rounds were in person. The questions were basic, they were more interested in my work and projects that I had executed. There is a versant round as well that tests your English language skills. It focusses on accent, listening, reading and speaking skills. There are 2 technical rounds and 2 managerial rounds.

Interview Question – Biggest Achievement in life   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate much. They agreed for what I asked, so there was no discussion.

Hyderābād

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Interview Details My Interview was basic and nothing technical, as management wants to expand the team they hired me pretty quickly. But you done require any technical skills to work here, only skill that is required is to chit and chat.

Interview Question – Nothing, there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Hyderābād

I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2013.

Interview Details 4 rounds- technical ,managerial,english,hr

Interview Question – do you know some other technology on which you can start working   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details This post is related to Deloitte India IT consulting division

They conducted 2 rounds of interview. 1st round was telephonic interview (HR asked for f2f interview but I requested for telephonic to which they agreed), mostly technical and questions asked were in detailed related to core technology. They asked most of the questions from the areas that I have worked and put in my resume. Questions standard was not very tough.
2 days after my telephonic interview, HR confirmed me about my selection and scheduled 2nd round.
2nd round was partner round. They did it through video conferencing and I was called to Deloitte office to attend interview. This round was mostly a personality check and questions asked were mostly related to two areas
1. Challenges that I have faced in my Job
2. Value Add (If any)
Next day I got confirmation that I am selected and after HR discussions they offered me after 7 days.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details very good experience. had a good exposure. over all great !!!

Interview Question – nothing   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very good.

Very Easy Interview

Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Interview Details Interview was for a Senior Consultant with Technology arm of Deloitte. in the order - 2 Technical rounds, Versant test, Business Round, HR round.
Technical rounds were superficial, don't expect that programming questions or knowledge of frameworks will be asked.
Second round interviewer suddenly stopped asking questions right after hearing the current salary and expectation from Deloitte. Instead of admitting that Deloitte is not looking for people with strong technical skills with deserving compensation, interviewer suggested me to look for entry level position with IB* or Accent* so that I can learn "consulting". Wanted me to be happy with my last year's compensation. Waste of my Saturday morning.

Interview Question – Your exposure to technology is very limited, why don't you get more exposure first.   View Answer

Mumbai

Interview Details It was 4 rounds in which 2 technical + Versant test then HR
first round asked normal objective type questions and you can easily find the answers.
Second round was similar to the 1st round questions and some of them were real time scenations and which went welll

Interview Question – Versant test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offered joining bonus

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!