Deloitte

Updated 21 Feb 2015
Updated 21 Feb 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I went through recruiter for the interview and as per what I had been told the interview was for Senior consultant. So the process started like below,

1.I went in for the interview and they made me sit in the conference room full of other individuals came for interview. They instructed everybody to submit the resume and write skill set, years of exp and time you came in - I mean why I can understand time I came in but why years of exp and skill set isn't that the first line on you resume
2.I wrote my skill set as HTML5,.Net,JavaScript and AngularJS one guy called me and asked are you a .Net resource or a Java resource. Wow he didn't even aware that JavaScript has nothing to do with Java. The guy standing in there kept asking what comes to your mind when you think about Deloitte and showed some impressive videos etc. But after a time it was getting repetitive and boring
3.I kept waiting for the interview for more than 2 hours that was again -1 for Deloitte
4.I went for the interview. The interviewer didn't even bothered to introduce him for the first time. He made me sit in the cubicle (so unprofessional I could hear the other interview) and said he will be back. The guy went on a call and came back after 5 minutes
5.When he was back he introduced himself and the I could guess that this guy was not at all interested in taking my interview. He asked me questions you will ask to a 2 years or 3 years experienced guy. The interviewer wasn't even interested in listening and was looking all around when I was answering his questions. (-1 for this)
6.Anyways I completed the interview and I knew the result.

Basically the position was for junior guys if they had few years of experience in .Net could have easily passed the interview and not for a senior guy as I had been told. I am not sure about the case though but anyways I wasted my weekend.

Interview Questions
  • 1.What is polymorphism?
    2.What is runtime polymorphism and compile time polymorphism
    3.Difference between session and static class
    4.What is Lambda expression
    5.Few Db questions. In that one question was wrong

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

Email written to HR/Recruitment team of Deloitte:
    ==========================================
    Worst interview experience ever. Will not recommend this organization to anyone. Not even capable of managing interviews.
    What is the point in making candidates wait endlessly without even taking a single round of interview. To top it up, there were few candidates called up from Pune to Mumbai office! They were just sitting in the waiting room for hours.Complete waste of time and energy. On being asked on the status after a round of interview, the staff would only say "wait up" and then would run away and disappear for hours.
    I reached Mumbai office on the scheduled time at 11:30 AM. My first round was done at around 1:30 PM. First round status was disclosed at 4 PM only after repeatedly asking for it. After that I waited till 6 PM but still there was no communication on second round except for the usual "wait up". On asking whether or not all 4 rounds will be completed today itself (as it was already 6:30 PM and I was still waiting for 2nd round) the recruitment team started laughing and making jokes among themselves (don't know what was so funny with my question).
    After discussion with few other candidates who had already appeared for interview in the past with Deloitte, it was clear that this is a commonplace here.They enjoy making people wait entire day that too without even taking a single round of interview!!

It is absolutely fine if you think I am taking it too far by writing this but this was the agony of many who appeared for the interview today (in the past and for the future candidates as well). It is just that I am the one speaking it out.

Thank you very much for this experience.
    ===========================================

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

It was an open floor interview. Huge crowd. Around 2500 candidates. Interview process is very organised. Reached venue at 12. Had to wait till 2pm fr 1st round interview. 1st round was easy. All basic core Java questions. Second round technical interview was more in detail. On core Java, hibernate, springs.. They check how well versed you are in detailed working experience on each of them. They give more importance to SQL skills, like queries, dB normalisation etc. 3rd round will be managerial round. Senior manager will test ask about background, previous projects, ur future ambitions. He checks our attitute, temperament, humbleness. 4th round will be on English speaking and understanding skills. You need to hear the recorded voice of a person speaking in US English accent, repeat it, sentence re-ordering etc. It seems to be simple, but most candidates get rejected in this round. 5th round will be just formal HR round where they discuss about salary package.

Interview Questions
    • what is a singleton class. write code to create singleton object   Answer Question
    • difference between vector and arraylist, difference between hash table and hashmap.   Answer Question
    • what is immutable object. how to make a class immutable   Answer Question
    • what is still pooling? memory management wrt strings.   Answer Question
    • how to integrate hibernate with springs framework?   Answer Question
    • what is database normalisation? methods of dB normalisation.   Answer Question
    • joins in SQL. inner join, left outer join, self join   Answer Question
    • What are annotations wrt springs? importance of it   Answer Question
    • give some examples of design patters you have used in ur springs project. explain   Answer Question
    • explain spring MVC architecture   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deloitte.

Very easy to get hired .... no quality works....only maintenance projects..face to face interview...and one communication exam will be there to check your english skills....you can simply shout and keep saying something in that exam and you will get selected...

Interview Questions
    • absolutely nothing...if you don't get selected then its only good for you..   Answer Question
    negotiation is like fish market....if you want 20 start with 30

Senior Consultant Interview

Basic aptitude test, has 3 rounds, then english test and then interview. Telephonic round is very interesting. The process is not at all difficult. Interview is very light. Technical round has very basic questions. HRs good at their job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Gave 6 rounds of Interview, started with Initial screening of English test followed with Accounts & Finance test.
    Speaking test was the next, if one qualifies, you are qualified to give another 3 rounds comprising of technical round, HR round & general discussion with the Senior Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

1st round : 2 girls were there and asking all thing they can found in my resume. When I was answer questions in detail then they said that don't need to get into details.Just provide the overview. Both the girls seems to have less knowledge of technical.

2nd round : Asked about the architecture and I told them in detail with every point. Then some HR type question.

After that HR came to me and take me to the door and said you could not clear the discussion.

WTF? I told everything and every answer correctly and if your panel doesn't have that much of knowledge then it's not my problem. I amazed how these people got recruited in the company. Even their experience people (like team lead and project lead) doen't have sound knowledge and Deloitte is bragging about the technical company whose interview to crack is a big challenge. All politics and nothing else.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

The first time ever I was approached by Deloitte (Hyderabad) for an interview was back in 2012. The HR called me, asked for details and fixed a telephonic round next day. There was no call after that.

Another HR called me a week or two later, with the same promise. There was no call again.

Third time, I laughed off the HR who called making the same offer.
    In short, a rather unprofessional bunch. I had to refuse every other consultant who came calling after.

Another of the rounds happened during the last month - July 2014. First they called me out of the blue asking for a telephonic round. While reluctant, I gave them a chance. Same story happened all over again. No call whatsoever.

Second time, they called again. Trying to be reasonable I gave them another chance on the condition, they make a written confirmation on email. While there was no confirmation, this was the first time I got a technical round call. I told the interviewer to reschedule because I was not informed of the interview. His response was - Deloitte is very busy hiring people so there will be a slim chance of a reschedule. I said I was ok with it, if I dint get a chance to work with Deloitte for their own unprofessional-ism. The interviewer said he will talk to HR and get back to me.

Third time, I waited for the call. It came 40 mins after the scheduled time. Finally I did have a technical round but it lasted only 20 mins. (I gave 1 hr gap between interview and the meeting and given they called 40 mins after scheduled time, I could only give them 20 more mins).

Fourth time, I again got a call which lasted 2 mins because the HR had scheduled me for an interview which was not my core technology.

Fifth time, there was no call even after 20 mins the schedule time. HR was apologetic and asked for a reschedule.

Sixth time, was the time which finally broke my patience. There was again no call at the scheduled time and I gave the HR a piece of my mind.

Normally a person shouldn't give these many chances to companies which are totally unprofessional in their behaviour. They treat their time as gold and interviewee's as not worth anything.

My advice stay away from the company which treats people like this.

Interview Questions
    • As I never really got a chance to interview properly, there weren't any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Multiple rounds of interview, spanned over technical, managerial and even English proficiency test. This was carried out very professionally. The whole thing happened over a period of 2 months after which they roll out the offer letter provided you clear the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult as such if you know why you are there   Answer Question
    I was given the role I was expecting so it was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

The company recruits mostly from campuses like India Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Calcutta, Bangalore, SP Jain and Indian School of Business. There are mostly 2 rounds - one behavioral and one case study round.

Not much negotiation done