Deloitte

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

process started with four screening rounds... first round was to check English, second- reasoning (visual), third, accounting basics, financial statements and Ms Excel and last & Fourth round was to test Spoken english. based on these screening rounds 3 interviews were conducted. each interview was eliminating round.

Interview Questions
  • as I was the last one for the interview, HR asked me that by the time you mihgt be knowing all the question so start with any question and answer it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

it was a campus placement. there were 4 exams and 3 interviews.
    It was spread over two days.Genaral accounting knowledge and english knowledge is tested.there were accounts exam rounds, then english ,versant,grammar, nd essay type questions. the results were announced after a week and then the 3 interviews. First round is HR, general q like y deloitte,hobbies passion, goals,etc. the 2nd round techincal. checked accounts knowledge, nd final is director round...which is just for formality.

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

applied through deloitte website. Whole process took 4+weeks. After applying online, I received a call from a recruiter. Pretty basic questions about the work experience, background, current company and why you wanna change. Scheduled an onsite right after the call. 2 weeks later on Monday flew to the city I applied. 1 mgr, 2 partners, total 3 one on one interview. All conversational, basically introducing the team and service they provided, and waiting for me to ask them questions. 30 mins for each interview. no interval between each interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, no behavior question, just normal conversation. Be sure to lead the conversation to where you wanna go. Trying to find commons things in your own experience based on their words.   View Answer
    above avg salary, no negotiation space

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgiek (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgiek (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

The first step in the process was a selection day. We had to solve a business case with a few others. The selection day was very relaxed. We had some breakfast together before we had to solve the case. We got a few minutes to think about it and after that, we had to discuss it in groups of 4/5 persons. It's very important to be proactive!

If the selection day went good, you will be invited for the first interview with HR. Also this interview was very relaxed. The people in Deloitte are very friendly and are realy looking after there (possible) future employees. In this interview they are asking more for your presonal and language skills.

Afther the interview with HR, and if the HR thinks you'll fit within Deloitte, you will be invited for an interview with a partner. Also this interview went realy relaxed and friendly. Here they look more for your knowledge of the sector you want to work in.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the main skills of a tax consultant.   Answer Question
    As a starter, you aren't able to negotiate about f.ex. salary. Salary is for al the juniors the same.

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

campus interview: team work; leadership; challenge; difficult supervisor/customer;

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I interviewed with Deloitte in two stages - the first was an interview with a Tax Partner in the last week of January 2013. We essentially went through my resume, past work experience, education, and volunteer activities in a half hour long interview. I received a call back four days later that the company wanted a second interview, this time in the office with the group with whom I would be working. This followup interview took place in the first week of March 2013, at which point I interviewed with one Tax Partner, one Tax Director, and two Tax Senior Managers. The interviews were split up into four one-on-one sessions of 30 minutes each. This round of interviews was unlike the first, in that the interview questions were largely behavioral in nature. It seemed that at this stage the interviewers wanted to get a sense of whether or not I would be a good fit not only with the larger firm, but with the smaller group as well. One week after this round, I had a meeting with one more Tax Partner who wanted to sit down since he was out of the office during my second round of interviews, and this interview covered not only the same behavioral questions as before, but also some technical questions into past research and experience. Six days after this interview, the last Tax Partner called me to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were wrong. What happened and what did you do to remedy the situation?   Answer Question
    Straightforward. I received an offer that was better than I expected and that was higher than the offers I had heard from colleagues at other firms were getting with similar education credentials and experience. All I really had to do was accept and negotiate a starting date.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Very long and repetitive online application process.
    Interviews were great. Met with interviewers separately, and it was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very casual (get to know you) kind of interview, so nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied through my law school's Career Services office and had an initial 30 minute 1:1 interview with a recruiting partner, where he asked the basic personality questions and we went through my resume. I got a call back from the recruiter 4 days later and set up an office visit where I met with 1 Partner, 1 Director, and 2 Managers in 1:1 interviews lasting 30-45 minutes each. That interview day lasted about 3 hours start to finish, and in addition to the personality questions we talked about the particular office and how I would contribute to the group. 1 week after that I had a final round interview with a Senior Partner that lasted about an hour and a half and was a thorough review of my resume as well as a discussion of my long and short term career goals. 8 days later I received a formal offer. Start to finish the process took about 7 weeks and while stressful, was not complicated whatsoever.

Tax Consultant Interview

Was hired through on-campus recruiting.

No negotiation.

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

it was a rather lengthy process. We had 4 rounds of tests, students were eliminated after every round. the first elimination round was spoken English test which is pretty easy to clear, after which they tested our reading and listening skills. then came a test based on logic and the 4th and the last test was on accounting principles and concepts.
    mine was a campus recruitment process so 24 of us made it through all these tests, interviews were scheduled after a gap of three days.
    the day started with the preplacement talk and then followed by the three rounds of interviews:
    1. Hr interview
    2. Technical interview
    3. partner interview
    I breezed through all these rounds of interview because frankly they weren't tough to crack, since the profile offered to me was US taxation, i was grilled on my accounting knowledge in the technical round.
    my advice- brush up on your basics! goodluck.

Interview Questions
    • tell me 5 different uses of a cap of a ball point pen in the next 45 seconds.   Answer Question
    i wasn't able to negotiate since it was a campus recruitment process.