Deloitte

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

it was a campus placement. there were 4 exams and 3 interviews.
It was spread over two days.Genaral accounting knowledge and english knowledge is tested.there were accounts exam rounds, then english ,versant,grammar, nd essay type questions. the results were announced after a week and then the 3 interviews. First round is HR, general q like y deloitte,hobbies passion, goals,etc. the 2nd round techincal. checked accounts knowledge, nd final is director round...which is just for formality.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

process started with four screening rounds... first round was to check English, second- reasoning (visual), third, accounting basics, financial statements and Ms Excel and last & Fourth round was to test Spoken english. based on these screening rounds 3 interviews were conducted. each interview was eliminating round.

Interview Questions
    • as I was the last one for the interview, HR asked me that by the time you mihgt be knowing all the question so start with any question and answer it.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belgiek (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgiek (Belgium)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

The first step in the process was a selection day. We had to solve a business case with a few others. The selection day was very relaxed. We had some breakfast together before we had to solve the case. We got a few minutes to think about it and after that, we had to discuss it in groups of 4/5 persons. It's very important to be proactive!

If the selection day went good, you will be invited for the first interview with HR. Also this interview was very relaxed. The people in Deloitte are very friendly and are realy looking after there (possible) future employees. In this interview they are asking more for your presonal and language skills.

Afther the interview with HR, and if the HR thinks you'll fit within Deloitte, you will be invited for an interview with a partner. Also this interview went realy relaxed and friendly. Here they look more for your knowledge of the sector you want to work in.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the main skills of a tax consultant.   Answer Question
    As a starter, you aren't able to negotiate about f.ex. salary. Salary is for al the juniors the same.

Tax Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte.

campus interview: team work; leadership; challenge; difficult supervisor/customer;

Tax Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2011.

The hiring process consist of 4 steps. The first is a test that focuses on logical and english skills. The second is a general HR interview with the usual questions: why did you choose deloitte, how long you are planning to work here...etc. According to my experience it is crucial how deep is your commitment to the job you are applying for and to the Company. The third phase is an assesment centre, however there were only individual exercises. Such exercises were: to introduce yourself in a minute with drawings (1), to explaine a professional (but not long) article in english (all the other parts were in hungarian)(2), to handle a client conflict (role-play)(3), to built a Lego-like toy by not using the manual - 5: this last was held in small groups, however is not usually performed as i have been informed. My recommendation would be that if the coordinators ask voluntarily for your comments on the AC do so; it is a possibility to make yourself perceived.

Interview Questions
    • On the HR interview I have been questioned about the names of specific economy leaders that included a title (Minister of Finance) that did not existed at the time of the interview.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I interviewed with Deloitte in two stages - the first was an interview with a Tax Partner in the last week of January 2013. We essentially went through my resume, past work experience, education, and volunteer activities in a half hour long interview. I received a call back four days later that the company wanted a second interview, this time in the office with the group with whom I would be working. This followup interview took place in the first week of March 2013, at which point I interviewed with one Tax Partner, one Tax Director, and two Tax Senior Managers. The interviews were split up into four one-on-one sessions of 30 minutes each. This round of interviews was unlike the first, in that the interview questions were largely behavioral in nature. It seemed that at this stage the interviewers wanted to get a sense of whether or not I would be a good fit not only with the larger firm, but with the smaller group as well. One week after this round, I had a meeting with one more Tax Partner who wanted to sit down since he was out of the office during my second round of interviews, and this interview covered not only the same behavioral questions as before, but also some technical questions into past research and experience. Six days after this interview, the last Tax Partner called me to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were wrong. What happened and what did you do to remedy the situation?   Answer Question
    Straightforward. I received an offer that was better than I expected and that was higher than the offers I had heard from colleagues at other firms were getting with similar education credentials and experience. All I really had to do was accept and negotiate a starting date.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Very long and repetitive online application process.
    Interviews were great. Met with interviewers separately, and it was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very casual (get to know you) kind of interview, so nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied through my law school's Career Services office and had an initial 30 minute 1:1 interview with a recruiting partner, where he asked the basic personality questions and we went through my resume. I got a call back from the recruiter 4 days later and set up an office visit where I met with 1 Partner, 1 Director, and 2 Managers in 1:1 interviews lasting 30-45 minutes each. That interview day lasted about 3 hours start to finish, and in addition to the personality questions we talked about the particular office and how I would contribute to the group. 1 week after that I had a final round interview with a Senior Partner that lasted about an hour and a half and was a thorough review of my resume as well as a discussion of my long and short term career goals. 8 days later I received a formal offer. Start to finish the process took about 7 weeks and while stressful, was not complicated whatsoever.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Had my first round on campus interview and it was with 2 partners. One of them spoke himself quite a bit another one made me talk a lot. Overal I prepared so much that I was no scared of questions but that confidence didn't fall one me, I built it. Be ready to ask questions. I brought a list with me and they didn't mind. I got an offer

Interview Questions
    • Why Tax? They ask cliche questions so if you are ready with 4-5 your-life examples then you should be fine   View Answer
    nothing really, I just took an offer on the day it was due, I was happy with an offer

Tax Consultant Interview

Was hired through on-campus recruiting.

No negotiation.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!