Deluxe Corporation

2.7

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2012.

they only take my intro round

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Did a short phone interview with basic qualifying questions. Was called about a week later for an in person interview. Interview was very generic. Had typical situation questions. Was notified about two weeks later that I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Had to make something up for that one!   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

KEY CONTACT Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later requesting to set up a phone interview with a recruiter for that following week. The recruiter was 30 minutes late calling me, and then the phone interview had to be rescheduled for 3 days later. The phone interview was pretty standard...how did you hear about the job, how do you qualify for said position ect. After the phone interview the recruiter set up a face to face interview with a hiring manger at the corporate office for the following week. The face to face interview took about 3 hours. I had to fill out a paper application, sat with a current employee doing the job I was applying for, sat with 2 hiring managers and answered a series of behavioral interview questions that was followed with 3 different written assessments. A week later I was made a offer for the position that I ended up turning down because the shift they wanted me to work was not the same shift I initially applied for in my application.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a co worker that I could not get along with   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2014.

experience questions + one task on a white board, it was with a director and a software architect. a task war to arrange a string using simple C# implementation. all other questions were from .NET framework and past experience

Interview Questions
    • I believe that a most difficult question was a task at a board to write a code - hate writing code on a boards. a task was to sort a string using available c# methodology   Answer Question
    just an offer was sent

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2014.

This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Called by recruiter. Passed recruiter phone interview. Setup face to face on site. Walked in interview room had regional sales manager and my would-be manager in the room.

Interview Questions
    • If a potential sale is reluctant, what are your strategies to overcome those objectives?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. However I do believe some different offers were given based on experience level.

Marketing Interview

The interview was a straight forward multi-tier interview (4 in total) increasing up the corporate ladder. All communications took place over the phone. The entire process took three hours and I started roughly two weeks after the final interview. The questions mostly related to prior experience. I was also required to complete work samples and answer various written questions relating to the position.

Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in March 2013.

Opening phone screening interview with HR recruiter, interview with VP HR, Round Robin interview with department heads, interview with SR VP (hiring Mgr), three personality profiles, critical thinking test.

Each interview covered somewhat different ground and each interviewer came with prepared questions relevant to the position and required skills. I was difficult to understand why the previous person in the position had not been successful.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. The critical thinking test was a very short version of the Watson Glaser test and several questions were poorly written.   Answer Question

Executive Director Marketing Interview

RIDICULOUS process to complete 5+ hours of online "psychological testing" and then more in-person "tests" and role plays with a firm they've hired to help them with hiring. Doesn't work at all. The outside firm doesn't consider how the existing execs will get along with/compliment/work together.

The interview process with the Deluxe people is nice and easy. If they bring you into Minneapolis, they want to convince you to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • The extensive time spent with the third-party firm on the "psychological assessment" with totally irrelevant questions.   Answer Question
    They offered me a salary, bonus and 4 weeks vacation. They had me sign a ridiculous non-compete that I refused to (it would have prevented me from working in any marketing-related job). They required drug testing. I should have asked for 5 weeks vacation and more money. Once I was hired I saw that they were quite flexible if they wanted to hire the person. But then again, I got laid off six months later and so did a lot of the sales/marketing people they hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview held at a their job fair. They had several call center team managers in one large room sitting at tables several feet apart from each other. You sit on the other side of the table. The manager greets you with a handshake, introduces her/him self and asks you to have a seat. Your are asked if you have previous call center and/or customer service
    experience. If yes, you are asked to describe in detail you job duties, if you like the work and how long you worked there. You are asked if you have sales experience. The manager
    describes to you the work environment, the training, and the nature of the job and the
    requirements to be successful. You are then asked if you feel the job is a good fit for you
    and if you see a future of success working for deluxe. You are asked about your strenghts
    and weak points. You are asked what you can contribute to the success of the
    company and why you want to work for them and why you want to work in a call center
    and customer service. You are asked describe how you relate to other people and what
    you expect from the company to help you be successful. There is one face to face
    interview that lasts about 15 to 25 minutes. You are the told you will be called if you are
    to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question and somewhat difficult to answer was about what I would do in a
      difficult customer service encounter. where a customer was angry and upset and everything
      you offered to do to resolve a problem was not satisfactory to the customer.
        View Answer
    No negotiation of wages. Only offered a starting hourly wage with a shift
    differential. They don't negotiate pay with customer service reps. They start
    everyone at the same rate. Period.