DexCom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated 7 Apr 2015
Updated 7 Apr 2015

2.6

Software Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through online, I got call 2 weeks later from HR and scheduled for in person interview. Standard object oriented, software testing tool oriented questions. Also questions regarding their product and company details. Interview was with technical lead and hiring manager. Then few behavioral questions were asked. The interviewers were professional and friendly.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews at Dexcom. the first was a short phone interview, and the last 2 were face to face interviews. I was initially contacted by the immediate supervisor of the department, who was very professional and friendly. I was then contacted by the HR personal to set up the interview times and dates, after each phone call I was told I would be sent a confirmation with the time and location of the interview, at the end of each day the confirmation was never sent, so I would have to contact the hr personal to remind her to send the confirmation. My first face to face interview was with the immediate supervisor, I was asked about my skills, work experience, it was basically a recap of the application that I had filled out, it lasted about 30 mins and I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the position. the 3rd face to face interview was about 2 and a half hours long. I first spoke with the hr personal, then the immediate supervisor, then two employees from the department from which I was applying, then the director of IT and president, and then finally 2 more employees from the department. Everyone basically asked me the same questions in regards to work history and skills. Everyone who interviewed me was highly professional except for the 4 employees. They unfortunately used a lot of foul language and joking during the interview. A couple of them even expressed how much they didn't enjoy their jobs at times. This type of behavior can definitely give someone a bad impression of the company overall. I was told by the hr personal that within one week I would receive notification if I was chosen for the position or not. After that week had passed I did not receive any notification. I sent the hr personal 2 email inquiries but got no reply. I had to take it a step further and contact the immediate supervisor who replied very quickly, he informed me that the position was given to someone else but he will gladly keep my resume on file.

Interview Questions

• Rather than asking technical questions, the interviewers ask scenario questions to range your level of troubleshooting and decision making. They want to gauge whether you over think a simple situation or under think a tough situation.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 6-8 people. All of whom were competent and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I prefer not to comment, but it was not difficult.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied for the position online. Within a week, I received a call from the department supervisor and asked me if I would be available later for a phone interview. During the interview, I was asked about my experiences and future goals. The manager also told me more about the position and what the plans and responsibilities were for the position. before the interview concluded, I was asked if I had any questions of my own. The manager said that if I heard back in a week, it meant that they were interested. If I didn't hear back in 2 weeks, it meant they decided to go with another applicant.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

This was just the initial phone interview. Waiting to hear back & hopefully be able to go in for face to face.

Software Testing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

I had just the one interview with HR and they basically hired me on the spot. I was referred by one of the senior software managers that I knew personally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DexCom (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial call from recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager. Group interview with the team. 1:1 interview with each team member. Behavioral interview. Background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy to negotiate, they give fair market value.