Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated 9 Oct 2014

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Footwear Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Had the first interview with the footwear manager, it was a friendly and conversational style interview where they wanted to get a sense of who I was, my interest in sports, and about my customer service.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you showed exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Footwear Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

Had to wait for manager for over an hour because he was late. Interview was 5 minutes long. Pretty much told me no on the spot after answering questions right. They look for certain people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you did in your past job when a customer was upset with you, how did you find a solution?   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2011.

The interview consisted of a series of questions. Including previous jobs, why aren't you working their now, and why do you want to work for us. They break down what you will be doing on the job and how to do it correctly. They describe how the want the best employees or you will be terminated. The tell you the starting rate of pay and discuss how you will have a chance to get a raise if you apply yourself. They will also tell you the amount of hours you will have each week. Then they shake your hand and tell you they will call you.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Footwear Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2011.

I was called regarding my application and was asked to interview the following week. When interviewed I spoke directly to the store manager as apposed to a secondary manager. I was asked questions regarding my prior work experiences, courses which I took while at my University, sports i have played and at what level I was able to reach, following a 1 on 1 with the manager I was asked to take a personality test, which was graded instantly. Following my test results I was hired for .50 cents over their normal pay.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate pay and position. When offered a position, if you do not like to cashier, make that widely apparent! There are two positions; A, Sales and Cashier; B, Sales and merchandising.