Dick's Sporting Goods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Lodge Sales Associate
Steubenville, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2014.

Interview Details It was relatively simple process. I had an interview the with assistant manager, then took an integrity test, then had an interview with the store manager. I was very qualified for the job so everything went smoothly.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Lodge Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Interview Details Hiring process was extremely drawn out. I had to make phone calls to the corporate headquarters and my local store's HR department multiple times to get my application checked in the first place. Also the company career website is updated infrequently which led me to apply for a position that was no longer available.

Interview Question – What does this job mean for you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details It's pretty simple you apply online, have two interviews, and starry working. You have the first interview with the first person and it's about yourself, random questions, etc. the second interview they tell you about your pay which by the way you can somewhat negotiate, they ask you sports questions like what's your favorite and why, and then they let you know of your hired.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just make it reasonable I honestly regret no going slightly higher because I could've done better but I was too scared to negotiate!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Murrieta, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Interview Details Got right in at time assigned for interview. After applying online, called to speak with manager and set up an interview that way. Only took 2 days for her to make a decision that was for another person.

Interview Question – What sports do you participate in?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Brunswick, GA (US)

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details Standard Questions. I applied online and it took a week or two to get back to me. when they did i had an interview with a manager. the manager really didn't really seem that interested in the interview process and not too mention that they made me wait a while for it. i had a second interview the next day with a different manager and they said they would call me if i had the job. they never called.

Interview Question – What did you do while dealing with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Cashier/Customer Service
Dulles, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2013.

Interview Details Had a bad experience. Took me 3 years just to get an interview. I won't work here if they paid me large sums of money. The recruiter was rude, the interview place was in a storage room, wasn't very professional. Was asked questions and most of them didn't make sense. They rejected most of my applications, by the 50th one, they finally extended an interview.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details If you can form logical sentences and talk to people - you're good to go.
Actually, even if you can't meet either of those conditions... you're probably good to go.
Applied online, in person interview, I think they offered me the job later that day... holiday season, they really needed people.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected of a sporting goods store.   Answer Question

Pricing and Signage Coordinator Interview

Pricing and Signage Coordinator
Rockwall, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2013.

Interview Details hiring process was thorough, went to two interviews, both were stacked with generic: "describe a time when you overcame...", but my interviewer was particularly intense. Overall, went smoothly, and nothing out of the ordinary was asked.

Interview Question – Being asked to come in on days off. The position required that i be present atleast 5 days a week, but for only 4-5 hour shifts, but then call me in my two days off.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate hiring pay, i would advise looking up generic interview questions prior to interview for a few prepared answers.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was very good. I started with a phone interview with HR, and was brought on site within a week. Each of the 5 interviewers asked different questions and left me with a very good impression of the company. I received an offer within 5 days of the on site interview. Once accepted, it took about a week to complete the background check.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake that you made in your previous job and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!