Dick's Sporting Goods

218 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Face Brand Coordinator Interview

Lombard, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2012.

Interview Details I walked in for my interview which was scheduled at 1:00 pm. They asked me to just look around until the manager was free. I ended up waiting for about 35 minutes before the associate sent me on a wild goose chase to find the office where the interview would be held in. I had a casual interview where we actually walked around the store and talked briefly and then I was invited back into the office for a 2nd interview with the store manager at the time. She was cold and very intimidating but after a couple minutes of questioning, I was offered the job on the spot. I was offered sales associate that would make $8.50 an hour.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of situation questions and many of them related to sports or team activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation and I was told to come back for orientation but never actually went through it. I got sent straight to the floor to assist customers with no training.

Lodge Lead Interview

Morgantown, WV (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2013.

Interview Details Company never took job listing down so when I interviewed I was told that with 10 years management experience I did not have enough experience to be in management. When I started I found out they transferred another person from another store before I even had an interview.

Interview Question – What was the yearly sales of my previous employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They wanted to pay as minimum as possible downing my 10 years in management like it wasn't anything important to them.

Store Operations Interview

Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2012.

Interview Details Not too bad but kind of long because of so many training videos and such

Interview Question – normal stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2013.

Interview Details The interview was much like any other retail position. Management haphazardly interviewed me, and approached the whole interview in a very, almost excessively, causal manner.

Sales Associate Interview

Worcester, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details I applied online. One week later I received a call from the sales manager and set up an interview. The interview was simple. They asked behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...) and about my sports interests etc. Then I had to take an online personality questionnaire. I was then asked back for a second interview the following day. I met with the store manager he asked similar questions and I was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – They asked for a time when I had experienced bad customer service. It caught me off guard because those things don't usually bother me too much.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details Applied online, they called me a few weeks later asking if i had time for an interview. Went in the next week and the interview was very casual asking basic retail questions and experience. Was hired that day

Interview Question – No difficult questions or curveballs   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied to a job on the Dick's Sporting Goods corporate site. The next day I was contacted by an HR person to schedule the interview. The interview lasted from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM and was a round-robin type process with different interviewers switching out every 40-60 minutes. The interview was pretty easy compared to most I've had at other companies. I met with 6 people ranging from developers, to business analysts, to PMs and the director.

Interview Question – Explain the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation phase. I needed a job, they offered me one.

Ecommerce Business Analyst Interview

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for an open position in the Ecommerce Department. The next day HR called to talk about what my current position, the open position, and verify salary requirements. Next I spoke with the HR manager and talked in detail about my past and how the open position fit my background. Next a phone interview was set up with the Director of Ecommerce the following work day. I was told the interview would be 40 minutes. She called and indicated she had 20 minutes talk. I review my work history. Very few questions were asked. She indicated she has a few more candidates to interview and I will know, either way, if I had the job. I never heard back from Dicks.

Interview Question – Didn't ask questions since only 20 minutes was allocated for interview. I did 95% of all the talking.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details I applied online. They contacted me and brought me in for an initial interview with the department head. After that I came back a second time for a meeting with the store manager. Very straightforward interview going through my resume and experience, basic behavioral questions, asked about sports I played or was enthusiastic about.

Interview Question – They asked about my experience playing sports.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, what they offer is what you get.

Department Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details applied online and was called in for an interview, set down in the office and had a one-on-one with one of the managers. Really professional and to the point on what they were looking for to fill the position. Answered all questions and gave my history, then was asked when I could start. The rest is history....

Interview Question – why do you think you should be hired for this position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dick's Sporting Goods

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods interview questions and advice. All 218 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees and interview candidates.