Dillard's

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

You fill out a questionnaire on a computer. If you pass that part and they are interested in you, you will get a call within a few days and, you will meet with the store manager. The store manager will want to know which area of the store you think you might be interested to work in.

Interview Questions
    • The initial questionnaire portion of the interview seemed directed towards a very below average, high school mentality. Nothing difficult about it.   Answer Question
    If you are placed in a commissioned area, keep your hourly rate at the lowest possible amount. That way if the store is very slow, like in the summer, you won't get fired because you didn't sell enough to cover your draw.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dillard's.

Meet with Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in a one on one setting within the store. Given a tour of the store. Introduced to the Manager you will be working with and then asked some questions by them as well.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Cosmetics/Fragrance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

A friend referred me to Dillard's. I applied online December 27, 2013. I received a phone call for interview on January 2, 2015. I interviewed on January 5, 2015 with Cosmetics manager and Fragrance manager.

She suggest I start on fragrance department since it had been several years that I worked in cosmetics. She also aid Dillard start new hirers part-time. I was told if I meet or exceed my sales goals, I would be offered a position in cosmetics.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what was my sale numbers in cosmetics at a previous employer? This was difficult because I could not remember my numbers at all. She also ask if I can hustle? They want to know that you are aggressive and can meet your sale goals.   View Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

The process was fairly easy since I had already been working as a part time sales clerk.
    I interviewed with the area manager at the time and as well as the store manager for the position over the men's area. So it was a within the company advancement opportunity. The process went smoothly and my training began immediately.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

They ask you to sit and fill out the job application on the spot. Then an assistant manager will interview you. If you pass that interview, someone else will interview you and then you will have to take a personality test and pass it, and then you're hired. It's always good to be prepared when you come to apply. Dress appropriately .

Interview Questions
    I took what they offered.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

1st interview held with Cosmetics Manager, second held with Operations Manager. Extremely easy. Once background check clears, you are offered a position and given a start date. Full-time positions have to be approved by the CEO and it takes a week for a response. You're normally brought on part-time until everything is approved.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself an aggressive competitive sales person?   View Answers (2)
    Yes, you can negotiate. ALWAYS check the salaries on glassdoor for the position you are applying for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

The interview gave a brief overview of the company along with a short tour of their office. The questions were your basic average interview questions. They weren't too technical. The job was described well, and it was what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know why I chose this position based on my background.   Answer Question
    Salary and vacation can be negotiated if you have the experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

I only was able to do the one interview due to schedule issues. The interview was going well until she told me I was required to work on the weekends. On my applications, I put work for Monday through Friday from the morning until the afternoon. Therefore I was unable to do the second interview. The interview was more like a pitch on what the job consisted of and if I was willing to do it. I wish they had more consideration on the times put in the application. I was told I would be started as part time but would get 18 of my hours on Saturday and Sunday. It seemed like the interview was less about me and more about the rules of the job. It was a bit strange but honestly if I did not have a scheduling conflict for the weekends, I would have gone to the second audition. The people I met were very kind.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few questions asked honestly. The problem was with scheduling.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

I applied in person which consisted of me filling out their online application on one of their office computers. The application asks for typical information - education, past experience, etc. However there are several tests following and a survey. The survey focuses on getting to know you as a person/potential employee and asks you to rate your response to numerous statements (i.e. I feel it is important to help co-workers - must select answer ranging from strongly disagree to strongly agree). The tests are timed and ask a variety of questions (some math-related, and others selecting which word is least similar to the others, matching, etc. - reminded me of standardized school tests - it isn't especially hard but isn't super simple either.. my approach was to answer as many as possible in the time allotted so I skipped around and didn't get hung up on a question for too long).

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting the timed tests that followed the online application.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

They called me the day after I put my resume on Monster. I started three days later. They will promise you alot of things that never come to pass. The interview was very easy. Basic questions, previous experience, work environment, etc.

No negotiation