Dillard's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
220 interviews

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I was called by the hiring manager that she found my resume on monster.com and she wanted me to apply on their website and she would give me a call back shortly after to schedule an interview. So I did immediately after the phone call. Well, a few days past by and I never received a phone call back. I called them and asked for the hiring manager and they hung up on me more than once. I finally got a hold of the store manager and she apologized and said she would send the message to the hiring manager that I was trying to reach her. A couple of days went by afterwards and received a phone call from the hiring manager stating that the position was no longer available. I was extremely upset that they did not even give the chance to come in and interview. The hiring manager psyched me up for no reason.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Process took less than a week. I applied by sending my resume via Monster. Got a call about two days later from the HR secretary asking if I wanted to come in to fill out an actual application and possibly have an interview the same day. Went the next day, but the store manager was busy with a conference call. Called in the evening to come in the following day. Sat down with the store manager, and asked the normal "Why here?" question. It was a typical interview for about two minutes before he switched to talking about the Men's Department floor, which products they had, etc. I knew I had the job then.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just a set salary at $11 an hour.

Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's in October 2011.

Management is polite but It can be very intimidating and it is very much judges on your appearance and wether you have experience or are applying for multiple jobs at once. Multiple interviews and the training isnt very elaborate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burnt Store Marina, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Burnt Store Marina, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Meridian, MS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Brief interview was recruited training could have been a lot better this was very skippy .They do not go over policy very good or how your pay will be cut if your sales are not there.

Interview Questions
    I only work part time They have to work around my other job because I do not have to worry about my pay there.

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

You walk in and they ask some product knowledge and if you are comfortable with up-selling. They ask you some basic sales questions about how to approach people that may walk in to the store. It was a very simple interview which should have concerned me because the company just wants a live body to replace the last one.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you comfortable not taking "No" for an answer at any time?"   View Answer
    They pay everyone about the same rate, there is no room for negotiation as the more you make, they more ridiculous your quota is.

EDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in November 2012.

There were 2 interviews. A phone interview and an interview in Little Rock. The interview in Little Rock was very educational and I was able to interact with buyers and other senior management.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find the interview process that intimidating. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question
    I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.

Assistant Buyer Interview

interviewed at Dillard's in November 2013.

The interviewer seemed to talk and "lecture" me the majority of the interview. When he did let me talk he asked very general questions and did not seem at all interested in what I had to say. In general, the interviewer seemed very cold and impersonal. I was surprised that I was offered the next round of interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint George, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!