Dillard's

Average Difficulty
211 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details the application is done on the computer and is somewhat intensive. When you go to the interview they ask you very basic questions about what your passionate about in fashion and so on. You then go to a second interview with the assistant store manager and he asks the same questions.

Interview Question – no questions were hard to answer   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Assistant Sales Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details easy, the HR manager was sweet and easy to talk to, I was hired on the spot and started work the next week with 3 weeks training. other than this, there is really no other comments to make regarding the interviewing process at Dillard's. It was easy and quick. Before your personal interview with the D.O., you have to go on the company kiosk located in the Customer Service area to put in your work history and answer a questionnaire, all of which take about 20-30 minutes of your time.

Negotiation Details – short

Sugar Land, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details The process was simple. The operations assistant was cordial when she called me for the initial screening. She asked a few questions about my retail experience and why I left my last position. It took about five minutes and she scheduled me for an in-person interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was why would a person with a master's degree want to work as a sales associate in a department store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity to negotiate pay. The hourly rate was the same for all PT associates and your sales would be the main determinant of future increases.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Applicants must take a People Answers test before being considered for an interview. It is graded, if you test 2 or higher the applicant will be contacted for an interview. The applicant will interview with a manager of department where there is a job opening. If the manager likes the applicant, there will be a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – The People Answers test is very long, analyzes smarts and work ethics compared to that of Dillard's working environment. Best to take exam at home, where you are in a comfortable and quiet location.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Women's Contemporary Sales Associate Interview

Women's Contemporary Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in October 2013.

Interview Details I called them a couple days after I applied to check the status of my application. The called me a couple days later to set up an interview. The interview was basic customer service questions. They asked when I had gone above and beyond for a customer and what 5 star customer service meant to me. I had a second interview with the assistant manager and it was the same questions so that was easy as well. I did not get offered the job until a week later I think.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Rogers, AR (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2013.

Interview Details I went to the Dillard's store to customer service and had to take an online quiz. Once completed, I interviewed with the department manager of the department I wanted to work with and was then directed to interview with the store manager. The store manager offered me the position afterwards.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. He told me the base salary and said that I can get a raise based on my sales.

Very Easy Interview

Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales Interview

Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on Friday morning and recieved a phone call asking confirming an interview for the following Monday. My online application did not list details of my previous employment; I shared more of my previous retail experience in retail and expressed interest in Fragrance/Cosmetics. Halfway through the interview, the Cosmetics Department Manager was brought in and finished my interivew. About an hour or so after the interview, I received a call from the store manager with a job offer! I was asked to start that evening and the rest is history!

Interview Question – I was aksed to give my honest opinion of moving from previous sales in apparel to fragrance/cosmetics.   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's in January 2013.

Interview Details There are online applications, but you must come in to Customer Service on the third floor and fill out the electronic application on the kiosk to be considered. Then there is one interview with the head manager or most likely the ops manager, and a final interview with the manager of the specific department you'll be in. Usually this is all in the same day.

Interview Question – They ask all the usual questions. Tell me how you would handle a difficult customer, etc.   Answer Question

Juniors Department Interview

Juniors Department
Buford, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's in December 2012.

Interview Details I was recruited by some one who already worked for Dillard's so it was a breeze. I met with the woman's department supervisor and then the store manager. The next day he called me for an appointment for an interview

Interview Question – It was a little uncomfortable that my interviewer gave the death stare for several moments before we started but he basically asked me about myself and then discussed pay   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate because they recruited me from another retail. I asked for another dollar and got it.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details got in touch with an internship coordinator (a job that no longer exists) and flew down for the interview. Got a call not long after where I was offered the internship (position (for not nearly enough pay to live on.)

Interview Question – Nothing unusual that I remember...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just took what was offered... needed internship to graduate