Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dothan, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Applied online at home through the dillards.com website and got a call for an interview the very next day. The interview consisted of me talking to one person about what was required of the position. Questions were asked about my schedule. Was told I would interview the following day for my second and third interview. Second interview was more of the same as the first and the third was an interview with the assistant store manager. After speaking with her I was asked for two forms of ID for my background check and that I would receive a call regarding it later that day or the very next day. Received the call the next day asking to start the following day at 11 am.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations....pay starts at $12/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview with the department manager, a week later I was called in again to have an interview with the store manager. They were both nice and the questions were basic, everything was what you would expect for a job interviewing process.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

easy, the HR manager was sweet and easy to talk to, I was hired on the spot and started work the next week with 3 weeks training. other than this, there is really no other comments to make regarding the interviewing process at Dillard's. It was easy and quick. Before your personal interview with the D.O., you have to go on the company kiosk located in the Customer Service area to put in your work history and answer a questionnaire, all of which take about 20-30 minutes of your time.

short

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's.

Applicants must take a People Answers test before being considered for an interview. It is graded, if you test 2 or higher the applicant will be contacted for an interview. The applicant will interview with a manager of department where there is a job opening. If the manager likes the applicant, there will be a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • The People Answers test is very long, analyzes smarts and work ethics compared to that of Dillard's working environment. Best to take exam at home, where you are in a comfortable and quiet location.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dillard's.

got in touch with an internship coordinator (a job that no longer exists) and flew down for the interview. Got a call not long after where I was offered the internship (position (for not nearly enough pay to live on.)

Interview Questions
    Just took what was offered... needed internship to graduate

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's.

Was recruited right out of college. I had 2 in person interviews and was offered the position in the 2nd interview. I might with the Regional Manager and 2 recruiters, it was very laid back. There were no tough questions at all during the interview process. The interview was very quick and easy

Interview Questions
    • There were really no tough questions in either of my interviews. They are just trying to get a feel for who you are.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2014.

I applied online on Friday morning and recieved a phone call asking confirming an interview for the following Monday. My online application did not list details of my previous employment; I shared more of my previous retail experience in retail and expressed interest in Fragrance/Cosmetics. Halfway through the interview, the Cosmetics Department Manager was brought in and finished my interivew. About an hour or so after the interview, I received a call from the store manager with a job offer! I was asked to start that evening and the rest is history!

Interview Questions
    • I was aksed to give my honest opinion of moving from previous sales in apparel to fragrance/cosmetics.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's.

Apply online, Called me for interview, 3 interviews and then I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Went to Customer Service and applied in-store which took about 30 minutes. It asked the basic questions. I was called a week later for an interview. The interview was pretty casual where the interviewer just asked more questions to get a feel of my personality and personal history than employment. She told me in the interview that I have gotten the job and just had to do the standard background check which I did pass.

There was none

Mens Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Two Interview, first one with ASM and second with Upper management. Typical question, they want you to explain yourself, because they can legally ask you. Try to sell something to them that you used to do.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any particularly hard questions. They ask the typical, tell us about yourself and prior job experience.   View Answer