Discovery Communications

68 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Question – "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Public Relations Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through a job website. I was then contacted a week later to take a brief online test. Then did an automated video interview about a week later. the video interview was just basic behavioral questions. There is no opportunity to ask any additional questions. I did not hear back from them after that.

Interview Question – tell me about a time that you had to adjust?   Answer Question

Communications Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I applied online and then was sent a survey to fill out about salary and hours that I could work. I then did a video interview.

Interview Question – I had all basic questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Submitted online application, received email notification about follow up responses. Was invited to an in-person interview with all the hiring managers and received a call several weeks later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in a media firm given your background? (I interned in pharmaceutical companies exclusively)   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I applied online and was asked to do a recorded online interview. I totally flubbed the first question because I was stressing about the 30-second time limit instead of thinking of what to say. I got an email saying my interview made it to the next step, and that they would send it to the individual departments. Yesterday, two weeks since the email, someone from Discovery looked at my LinkedIn, but I still have not been otherwise contacted since applying a month ago. Who knows.

Interview Question – "Who is your favorite Discovery character?"   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details Very informative interview, where they went through the process of what is to be expected of you in the position. The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. Make sure you come with questions, and have some knowledge of the network-- since you are not 100% sure which network you are interviewing for.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Discovery Communications Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Submitted application online. I was called back to answer a survey and then was asked to do an online interview. Question would be asked, I would have one minute to answer.

Interview Question – Please tell us which discovery show was your favorite and why   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I gave my online interview and still waiting to hear back. Not sure if this means rejection. Is there anyone who has been hired for Audit Internship for Summer 2014? Please help!

Interview Question – What discovery character do you like the most?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Interview Details After I applied on their website, I received an invitation for a survey, which asks basic information and job location/position preferences. Then I got an video interview for behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself, which is your favorite character in Discovery, something you are proud of, your academic/professional achievements...

Interview Question – which is your favorite character in Discovery   Answer Question

Summer General Internship Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Received and completed the survey email and never heard back, did anyone who applied to the Los Angeles Internship hear back yet? I see other locations have had follow up emails sent but nothing yet from anyone in LA.

Interview Question – The Survey was really easy...   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discovery Communications

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Discovery Communications Videos

Discovery Communications – Why Work for Us?

Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in over 220 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discovery Communications interview questions and advice. All 68 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Discovery Communications employees and interview candidates.