Discovery Communications

Updated 8 Dec 2014
Updated 8 Dec 2014

2.7

Contract Management Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

1 on 1 interview. Very precise and there were no ridiculous questions. The interviewer expressed an interest in my personal interests and was extremely polite and accommodating. Job detail and expectations were explained in depth up front.

Interview Questions
    There was none. The compensation was adequate.

Human Resources Interview

Applied online and received an email requesting an interview through HireVue a few days later. The interview requires that you answer 5 pre-programmed questions on your webcam. You are given one minute to think about the question and one minute to respond... then it moves on. It was very disappointing to not interview with an actual person. It is important to establish rapport in an interview, and this interview method was, quite honestly, horrible.

Digital Media and Casting Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and a week later got a call to do a video interview on camera. you get one minute to look at the questions before the video starts automatically recording your answer and you get about 2 minute to respond.

ITSpring Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied on their website, received a video interview. That's pretty much it. There were 3 questions, and you are given 1 minute to answer. The time limit is frustrating, and the interview ends before you really start. They project 15 minutes but really it's the set up of the interview which takes time.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2014.

I applied for a Discovery internship through my university. The entire process took about 3 weeks. The application was pretty standard- a few questions, a cover letter, and a resume.

I had two interviews in one day- one personality based and one more experience based. The interviewers were really casual and friendly. They were running about an hour behind schedule, so I ended up waiting for a long time. 4 Discovery representatives were present in each of my interviews.

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online through their website after seeing a posting of an internship opportunity on my university's career services site. I got an email request for an interview after a week or so. The interview was a screening interview through video recording. I'd done something like it before so it wasn't too strange for me. There were 5 questions, with two minutes to answer each one, one for preparation, and the other for recording, all really general questions.

Intern Interview

I apply the position online. About two weeks later, I get the email said I got a video interview, the question is normal questions and they are not difficult. For the video interview, I think you should speak louder and practice before you record your answer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.

Intern Interview

After submitting an online application and waiting a few weeks, they sent me a survey on Survey Monkey asking me questions such as whether I was still interested, my GPA, my areas of interests. Very simple stuff. After another week or two I received an email telling me to conduct a virtual interview via Interview Stream. The virtual interview was very short and asked only 5 questions - why you're interested, greatest strength, etc. This was as far as I got in the interview process.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online through their careers page and was contacted a few weeks later for a video interview. Basically it was a program that showed questions on a screen and then recorded you giving your answers. I then was told I moved onto the next round and had a phone interview with my manager, who mainly asked about what my ideas for the companies were and if I actually had interest/experience with social media