Disney Consumer Products

Updated 3 Mar 2015

2.9

3D Modeler/Maya Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter about my availability to work a full-time internship while going to school. I was then contacted by phone and since I was at work I missed the call. I received a voicemail stating that I should call back. I did just that, but I got the recruiters voicemail. I later received an email from a coordinator looking to schedule me for an interview. I gave them my date I was available and the time that worked best for me and they did their best to meet them both. I then received my confirmation of my scheduled interview. All of this took about 2 weeks to do. I came in form my interview and was prepared for pretty much anything. I had previously interviewed for an internship with Nickelodeon, so I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Disney is a far different company though. The coordinator that I received confirmation from was prompt in coming to the lobby to walk me to my interview. She was very friendly and professional. I interviewed with the Director of Character Art. He was extremely nice and very informative about what it is I would be doing there. I felt very comfortable talking with him. He showed me around the office and showed me some of the current projects they were working on. I felt like this would be a good company to work for. I am now just playing the waiting game to see if I am offered the internship. Crossing my fingers I get it.

Interview Questions

• There were not unexpected or difficult questions asked. It was all straight forward and related to the job.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Burbank, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

really well done but long 4-6 weeks.They are very thorough and seemed a lot more in tune with the creative team ,and the individual positions responsibilities than other studios HR departments.

Interview Questions

• whose your favorite character   1 Answer

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?

Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Interview Questions

• Did you really do all of this work?   1 Answer

Unix Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

interview was scheduled quickly and got the response in 2 days, moved to the location in 2 weeks, management was very helpful in setting me up initially and helping me with the user setup process, orientation etc.

Interview Questions

• all tecnical questions related to the field   1 Answer

Negotiation

stick to what you want

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the retail market?   1 Answer
    • do you have product development experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to this line of business?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a conflict with your direct manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   1 Answer