Disney

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

Interviewed at Disney

Interview Details pecific to the Experienced Commercial Leadership Program (ECLP), candidates are hired into one of the nine businesses based on candidate preference and business need and complete all three rotations within that business.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mumbai

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney in March 2012.

Interview Details My old company was taken over by Disney and I had to go through very strict verification process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate I was given a 16% over my last year's compensation.

Associate Counsel - Part-time Interview

Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney in January 2013.

Interview Details First was a phone interview, very brief, they later followed up to say sorry they were moving slow and then later after that that they were pursuing other candidates more aggressively at that time.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Disney in February 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with Disney recruiter then two rounds of interviews with more than two weeks between the interviews. After the first set of interviews (6 interviews lasting 30 minutes each) it took Disney two weeks to gather feedback information and decide on next steps. Feedback was that I was the lead candidate. 2nd round consisted of two 30 minute interviews that lasted more than an hour each. After two weeks, I tried to contact the hiring manager and recruiter via email and by phone. No response from either...

Interview Question – What is the cloud?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney in March 2014.

Interview Details Headhunter did the first screening and thereafter I when to see the HR Director Mr. Baek.
First of all he was 30 minutes late to the interview. Without even saying sorry, he started to ask me questions about my previous career and my past experience. It really showed that he had absolutely no clue about marketing. He then out of no where starts bad mouthing my previous employer saying that "that company has a bad reputation in the market" and "I know why you are trying to quit from that company". I guess he was trying his "pressure interview" when asking me to think of 20 different things I can do with an object and stopping me to say I am "no good". He was extremely condescending during the interview and treated me as if I was second class citizen. I was so disappointed that I wanted to leave the interview even before it was finished - but decided to be rationale and at least end the interview on a good note - then when I am offered a job, it is never to late to reject.
So this is exactly what I have done. 3 days after the interview, I was offered a job but with minimum pay so I respectfully declined.

Interview Question – Can you cope with not having any support from other teams and working long hours alone?

How well do you cope with company politics?

Are you respectful to your senior managers?
  Answer Question

Disney Professional Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details - Applied online for Disney Professional Internships (They recommend applying for your top three favorites)
- Waited a week after application and was asked for a phone screening interview for applied internships via email
- Email asked to schedule an interview time, then a Disney HR representative will call within 10 minutes of your interview time
- Was asked basic interview questions such as: Why do you want to work with Disney? What can you offer? Etc.
- Waited two months for a second interview with a specific internship

Interview Question – Recall and tell of a specific time you've encountered a conflict in a group project and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied via disneycareers.com on 03/14, got a call on 03/18 from senior producer's secretary, phone interview on 03/20.

Interview Question – Tell me about your past work experience.
Why did you apply for the position of production assistant? Are there any other positions you're interested in?
What do you know about Disney, aside from the cartoons?
Why do you want to work for Disney?
Will you be able to afford relocation on your own?
  Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Disney

Interview Details Technical interview followed by onsite.

Interview Question – What do you like most about our business?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Burbank, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details Initial contact was made by a phone call. (received by the HR rep)
1st in-person interview was with the HR rep
2nd interview was with low level team members (peers)
3rd interview was with mid-high level team member (leads)
4th interview was with the Director and VP of the team

Interview Question – Explain in detail how a windows machine boots up. In as much technical detail as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any room to negotiate. An attempt was made, but all requests were declined immediately.

Attractions Interview

Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details You apply online and then go through a thorough personality quiz, then if you pass you go to Downtown Disney (in a tough to find building) and take the interview. However, if your resume isn't perfect in every way (they make no concessions for how the economy's been) with a lot of recent experience in a related position, they'll make a big deal out of it and nicely but firmly berate you for it as if it's all your fault. They don't bother looking at anything until the interview so you have to go to the interview to know their feelings about your resume. Also if you don't answer questions exactly the way they want, they'll count it as wrong even if it's a usually good answer to the question. After they feel the screening is done, they immediately tell you if you've moved on to the next interview or not. They obviously get a lot of candidates for each position. Since most jobs listed online (which is where all listings are) are college internships, that really cuts down the # of non-intern jobs. So they're as picky as possible. Only apply if you're really confident you can get in.

Interview Question – What would you do if a kid is throwing a tantrum and the parent is angry?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney

Worked for Disney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney interview questions and advice. All 173 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Disney employees and interview candidates.