Dixons Retail Interview Questions

Updated 1 Jun 2014
Updated 1 Jun 2014

3.1

Head of Corporate Social Media Interview

Agency interview, followed by interview by Dixons HR interview, folllowed by interview with my future bosses. Offer made very quickly after that.

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Dixons Retail in September 2013.

Position advertised on direct.gov, I emailed my cv along with a well written cover letter as the content of the email. Reply received with interview details, after initial interview I was called back for a second interview after which I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about my prior experience within a sales role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

interview process lasted 45 minutes and was centred around Microsoft and I was asked to describe a difficult situation where I exercised common logic to so solve problem.

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dixons Retail in September 2012.

2 stage interview been with company 2 times now very good for if i ever need a job in future if i decide to move again

Interview Questions
    how many hours i wanted to work and what days if any did i needed set days off a week plain and simple

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail in September 2011.

The job was advertised on the website and had to give online quiz. The online test needs to be done in certain time period and once selected after completion, you are called for the interview. I was interviewed twice, first by store asst manager and store manager, than by store director.
     The overall interview was very good, the company and the branch was very welcoming and nice.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail in April 2010.

You have to pass psychometric tests and then you have to work hard especially during the training. Very challenging work but you must not look at your clock what time it is!

Easy.

Project Support Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail in May 2009.

mostly based on personality and how you relate and communicate with others

Sales Staff Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixons Retail in June 2008.

The interview was okay - asked questions about why I wanted to work for dsgi, what i looked to gain out of working there. I was also asked to sell a laptop to the manager. Was required to know some technical knowledge on certain goods that I had an interest in, I chose cameras as I found them easier to explain.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me the difference between digital zoom and optical zoom?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixons Retail in April 2008.

Initially applied online, was shortlisted and got a call from HR to fix interview dates. Interview was with the hiring manager and another manager who only observed and hardly asked any questions. it was a long interview, about 1.5-2 hours. But with very typical interview type questions, what motivates you, describe a situation where you led a team out of a problem. There were about 30 questions.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail in January 2008.

Initial call from HR, Online maths and verbal reasoning test at home, 2 face to face interviews