Dixons Retail

Very Difficult Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Athens (Greece)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dixons Retail in April 2010.

Interview Details You have to pass psychometric tests and then you have to work hard especially during the training. Very challenging work but you must not look at your clock what time it is!

Interview Question – Questions about practical mathematics!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Colleague Interview

Sales Colleague
Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dixons Retail in September 2012.

Interview Details 2 stage interview been with company 2 times now very good for if i ever need a job in future if i decide to move again

Interview Question – there wasnt really any hard questions or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – how many hours i wanted to work and what days if any did i needed set days off a week plain and simple

Sales Colleague Interview

Sales Colleague
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Dixons Retail in September 2013.

Interview Details Position advertised on direct.gov, I emailed my cv along with a well written cover letter as the content of the email. Reply received with interview details, after initial interview I was called back for a second interview after which I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Mostly questions about my prior experience within a sales role.   Answer Question

Head of Corporate Social Media Interview

Head of Corporate Social Media

Interviewed at Dixons Retail

Interview Details Agency interview, followed by interview by Dixons HR interview, folllowed by interview with my future bosses. Offer made very quickly after that.

Interview Question – What would you do with an unlimited budget?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Dixons Retail

Interview Details interview process lasted 45 minutes and was centred around Microsoft and I was asked to describe a difficult situation where I exercised common logic to so solve problem.

Interview Question – question about Microsoft office   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dixons Retail in January 2008.

Interview Details Initial call from HR, Online maths and verbal reasoning test at home, 2 face to face interviews

Interview Question – What are you strengths and weakenesses?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Customer Advisor
Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dixons Retail in September 2011.

Interview Details The job was advertised on the website and had to give online quiz. The online test needs to be done in certain time period and once selected after completion, you are called for the interview. I was interviewed twice, first by store asst manager and store manager, than by store director.
 The overall interview was very good, the company and the branch was very welcoming and nice.

Interview Question – How you respond to customer ?   View Answer

Project Support Interview

Project Support

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dixons Retail in May 2009.

Interview Details mostly based on personality and how you relate and communicate with others

Interview Question – what can you bring to the team   Answer Question

Sales Staff Interview

Sales Staff

The process took a day - interviewed at Dixons Retail in June 2008.

Interview Details The interview was okay - asked questions about why I wanted to work for dsgi, what i looked to gain out of working there. I was also asked to sell a laptop to the manager. Was required to know some technical knowledge on certain goods that I had an interest in, I chose cameras as I found them easier to explain.

Interview Question – Can you tell me the difference between digital zoom and optical zoom?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dixons Retail in April 2008.

Interview Details Initially applied online, was shortlisted and got a call from HR to fix interview dates. Interview was with the hiring manager and another manager who only observed and hardly asked any questions. it was a long interview, about 1.5-2 hours. But with very typical interview type questions, what motivates you, describe a situation where you led a team out of a problem. There were about 30 questions.

Interview Question – describe a time when you helped a colleague   Answer Question

Worked for Dixons Retail? Contribute to the Community!