Dollar Tree

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

PT Cashier Interview

Clear Lake Shores, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview Details Printed off the application from the website and turned it in same day. Even though I was trying to make the transition from Retail to Hotel/Hospitality, I decided to see what Dollar Tree could offer me (I spent 4 1/2 years working retail and 1 year working at an amusement park). There wasn't any interview questions; just looking for someone to fill the void before inventory (she said she was initially going to wait until Monday but said it was my lucky day). All I had to do was go home and fill out the W-4 and direct deposit (they get your personal information, SS#, and email address at the store).

I was offered $7.35/hour. Far below the wages of $7.98, $7.75, $8.25, and $8.75, respectively, from previous jobs. I couldn't afford to go back down towards minimum wage since I'm going back to college in July then in the Fall and getting a new car in the coming months (along with paying insurance and gas).

However, I took the offer home and took two days to think it over (had until Sunday evening-Monday morning) and decided it wasn't going to help me at all and will keep looking.

Interview Question – None

Nothing was really asked. Didn't feel a whole lot like an interview. No interview questions were asked.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low with my experience. I was looking along the lines of $7.50-$7.75-$8.00/hour

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Interview Details applied in store and the store manager called me within 3 days and scheduled an interview. Went to the interview and hired at the spot, hthe manager was a hispanic with an accent! Lol the store seemed messy and the atmosphere was null...

Interview Question – They told me that the most the company pays a cashier is $7.35! :( i needed the job so i accept it! (Bad decision, so not worth it!)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation! They dont leave u any other option.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees and interview candidates.