Dollar Tree Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated 14 Apr 2015

1.7

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Called for interview; resume posted on Monster. Met w/District manager who asked about experience. Second interview was by phone w/ corp HR. Took a couple of weeks for background check and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked about training, hiring, firing, computer skills, P&L experience. Phone interview with HR was more focused on "what would you do if".   1 Answer

PT Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake Shores, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Clear Lake Shores, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Printed off the application from the website and turned it in same day. Even though I was trying to make the transition from Retail to Hotel/Hospitality, I decided to see what Dollar Tree could offer me (I spent 4 1/2 years working retail and 1 year working at an amusement park). There wasn't any interview questions; just looking for someone to fill the void before inventory (she said she was initially going to wait until Monday but said it was my lucky day). All I had to do was go home and fill out the W-4 and direct deposit (they get your personal information, SS#, and email address at the store).

I was offered $7.35/hour. Far below the wages of $7.98, $7.75, $8.25, and $8.75, respectively, from previous jobs. I couldn't afford to go back down towards minimum wage since I'm going back to college in July then in the Fall and getting a new car in the coming months (along with paying insurance and gas).

However, I took the offer home and took two days to think it over (had until Sunday evening-Monday morning) and decided it wasn't going to help me at all and will keep looking.

Interview Questions

• None

Nothing was really asked. Didn't feel a whole lot like an interview. No interview questions were asked.

Answer Question

Too low with my experience. I was looking along the lines of $7.50-$7.75-$8.00/hour

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

applied in store and the store manager called me within 3 days and scheduled an interview. Went to the interview and hired at the spot, hthe manager was a hispanic with an accent! Lol the store seemed messy and the atmosphere was null...

Interview Questions

• They told me that the most the company pays a cashier is $7.35! :( i needed the job so i accept it! (Bad decision, so not worth it!)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation! They dont leave u any other option.