Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2014.

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview.

The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Was Called 3 Months after I Applied. Questions were When Can You Work.I Said Now. Started working Two Days Later. Been There 1 Year and a month now. Love Stocking Merchandise.

7.35

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2014.

I went in and picked up an application, I turned it in two days later. Two days after that the manager called me and set up an interview that day. I was offered the job right then and there after chatting with the manager for a while.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions. It was "tell me about yourself" but he did most of the talking. He didn't ask anything of me, it was mostly him explaining how things worked there. He asked if I had any experience working the register.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage, and he made that clear at the beginning so that there was no confusion, which I appreciate.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2014.

I found out they were hiring on a job board. I applied online for the assistant manager position in the beginning of August and was not called in for an interview until 2 weeks later. The Interview itself had one person doing the interview. She was training others at the time so there was two more people observing her.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very standard. They had quite a few that started with "tell me about a time..."   View Answer

Cashier Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions
    • nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Ask questions, why this store, what do they do best, why should we hired them, have they worked before? Just asking questions to get to know what they can do for the company and see what they are like.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.