Dollar Tree Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
144 interviews

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.

Cashier Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions
    • nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rohnert Park, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Ask questions, why this store, what do they do best, why should we hired them, have they worked before? Just asking questions to get to know what they can do for the company and see what they are like.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gulf Shores, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulf Shores, AL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

The interview was simple, basic simple questions. Honestly if you need a job this is where to go. They will refuse to talk money with you, because its whatever minimum wage is. This place relies on paying bottom dollar for anything. How do you think everythings a buck? They sacrifice quality for volume.

Interview Questions
    They were desperate and were hiring anyone.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

Through corporate recruiter. Telephone interview with a regional HR manager. Handed off to district manager who took three weeks to make an initial contact. Went to work as a bench manager (Management Trainee) shadowing another store manager for eight weeks. Very basic stuff that could have been covered in a month or less considering my background.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it, more or less. I was hired at a higher than normal salary level based on my qualifications though.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2012.

i had got an application online and brought it in to the the nearest location, i attached a resume and gave it to the store manager. the manager told me to come in the next day, i came in and got the interview in the main office, my resume was looked over and i was asked about my goals in life and then the manager told me to come in the following week to start to see how i worked. i got trained then i got hired that's basically it.

Interview Questions
    • there was a pen and i got asked how i would sell the pen.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Received e-mail 3 months after applying asking to interview me. Interview was in held in the middle of busy warehouse area. I had a group/panel telephone interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Really none. The whole thing made it seem they'd looked at my resume and were fairly satisfied my background and experience provided them most of the information they needed.   Answer Question
    When asked how I heard about the opportunity I told them I'd employed a search for store manager jobs paying $40,000.00 a year or more. That is then what they offered me. It turns out that is the amount they pay every store manager.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!