Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Ph D Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Research and behavior questions

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Applied online as well as had a contact within the organization

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you knew you were going to miss a deadline.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2010.

Basically the standard interview process. Alot of personality fit and leadership questions. You sit in a conference room for about half the day and meet one on one with the the interviewer. Usually an HR person, a Director, and a few other employees. Sometimes you meet with younger employees to get there perspective.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of working on a team where teammates did not agree on a topic. How did you solve the issue?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freeport, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

I met a recruiter through my institute's on campus career fair. Briefly discussed my position in school and goals involving a co-op position then handed my resume. Followed up with an online application that also involved another resume submission. Two weeks later I was offered to come in for an interview. I waited a week past the date the interviewer told me I would hear back from them about the interview results, then sent a follow up email inquiring their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation, in which you had a solution to a problem in a group project, but one of the group members did not agree to your solution?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

The interviewer read the questions off her laptop and basically read off a list of questions. I only got behavioral questions in my interview. The interviewer was friendly and shared personal stories.

Lead Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Straight forward process. Had intro discussion with HR where they asked basic questions about my experience, why I was looking, and salary requirements. Then had 4 consecutive 30min discussions with a variety of leaders who each asked situational / behavioral type questions. Each person focused on a different characteristic.

Everyone from HR to interviewers were very nice and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Really know difficult questions. Asked things like " tell me about a time when you had a failure. What happened; what did you do? Learn?, etc."   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2013.

Applied for job online through website. Got a call back about a month and a half later. There was a panel interview with 3 people. Got a call back the next day saying that I received the job and the next step was to set up a drug test for the company.

Interview Questions
    • How have you personally changed the outcome of a group going in the wrong direction?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for this job, other than hours worked.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Typical R&D interviewing process - presentation of expertise area, followed by 3-6 one on one interviews about experiences and fit.

No negotiation possible

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2011.

Direct interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I didn't know the answer or how to do a job that was assigned to me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Very welcoming. Felt more like a conversation in both interviews I participated. No difficult questions or ridiculous ones. They all centered around making sure you are the right fit into Dow's culture. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Share an example of a time you knew there was a more innovative or better way to accomplish something, but instead chose not to do it that way, and why did you choose not to do it.   View Answer
    Very friendly. They had an extremely competitive off right away. There was no need for me to negotiate anything. Great company, that stays on promised timeline or even ahead.