Dow Chemical

Updated 5 Dec 2014
Updated 5 Dec 2014

2.9

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical in April 2014.

I was contacted by a job recruiter had a over the phone job interview. Then I came to Dow Chemical for a one-on-one interview. Based on the position, most of the questions were experience oriented.

Supply Chain Interview

interview with 3 other candidates

Research Engineer Interview

It was campus recruiting. The first round was mostly behavioral questions. At the beginning, I was asked to introduce my research for about 3-5 mins. The behavioral questions are standard questions.

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Routine interview questions and easy process to go through. The length of time in days between interview milestones is lengthy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Casual face to face interview with the manager at their innovation center in Champaign. Manager is very nice and open to talk to. Questions nearly all about resume, experience, and about the internship position. Straightforward interview and got response back within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • What is the extent of your knowledge with [programming language]?   Answer Question

Public Affairs Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

First round interview

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2014.

The interview was held on campus and was conducted by two Dow employees. Each employee had a different background with Dow but overall they clearly signified the values that the company stood for. The interview covered my past experiences and the questions were all behavioral. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Mobility Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Each question was expected based on the role so I did not see any difficulty in answering. All 3 people were patient and grading me as we moved along.

Interview Questions
    • nothing special, just practice your Monster.com questions and you'll be fine. Most of the questions are based on experience.   Answer Question
    it took about 2 weeks to get me on board but the negotiation phase was done on the same day.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Got hired through campus recruiting in the university. Firstly signed up for interview with a recruiter graduated from a university close by. Interview was about half an hour, with mostly questions on graduate school research experience, specialization, problem solving experience etc. A few behavior questions, e.g. how well do you work with a team, how to deal with conflict, etc. Then got an onsite interview with a group of people in the department. 45 min presentation on research, Q&A, followed by 1-on-1s. Overall people were very friendly. Questions were not very hard to answer. Be yourself and be consistent.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were not hard. But once I was given a chemical structure and was asked to design an experiment with it.   View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate.

Ph D Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Research and behavior questions