Dow Chemical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Midland, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview Details Very welcoming. Felt more like a conversation in both interviews I participated. No difficult questions or ridiculous ones. They all centered around making sure you are the right fit into Dow's culture. Very professional.

Interview Question – Share an example of a time you knew there was a more innovative or better way to accomplish something, but instead chose not to do it that way, and why did you choose not to do it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very friendly. They had an extremely competitive off right away. There was no need for me to negotiate anything. Great company, that stays on promised timeline or even ahead.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview questions were were very straight forward for example, tell us about a a time when you had to work with a person who was hard to work with, previous college projects. I think that they mostly look for co-op students who could work for Spring and continues then for summer as well.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any difficult questions.   Answer Question

EH&S Specialist Interview

EH&S Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Interviewed on university campus and was asked mostly behavioral type questions. The interviewers (one a recent hire and one a manager) seemed to really enjoy the opportunities for growth at Dow.

Interview Question – What area of Dow do you find the most interesting?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

R& D Technologist Interview

R& D Technologist
Marlborough, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview Details Initial resume screen followed by phone interview

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous position that impressed your co-workers? I got the impression the primary goal of phone screen is to nail down expected salary and past salary. I learned very little new about the position I was applying for beyond what I already knew.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Senior CHEMIST
Midland, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Initial screening on campus, was invited out for onsite interview. Day consisted of formal presentation, followed by individual meetings with senior engineers and scientists. Most of the questions focused on your research or interests, and many were more like informal conversations. Similar things were asked by others at meals. Long day.

Interview Question – If you could work on anything at all, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much unfortunately

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer
New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Interview process took about 3 days. They send you to a Dow Hiring Expo which takes place at the plant they are hiring you for. You have about 2-4 interviews and your done. Process is quick and easy.

Interview Question – Questions were STAR based.   Answer Question

Turnaround Maintenance Scheduler Interview

Turnaround Maintenance Scheduler
Freeport, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview Details two part phone interview with the HR staff that ask typical question abut job opportunities and that person do not have any seance with the question just ask question with out any comment or detail so i pass the two or three question because i can not understand the question then face to face interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview--on site interview

Interview Question – How do you envision your career path at Dow   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Reliability Engineer Interview

Reliability Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details I passed a 30 minute screening phone interview. It was very basic and easy behavioral questions. I was then asked to come for a formal interview on site. I drove about 4 hours each way for a one hour interview and a 30 minute plant tour. The interview was a panel of three. The interviewers were nice and professional but it was not very laid back. The interview consisted of more behavioral and situational type canned questions.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to work through a difficult issue when part of a team. What were the details of the situation? What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Research Chemist
Midland, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2009.

Interview Details 30 yrs ago, College campus interview, invitation for an onsite interview, interviews with multiple teams of several individuals in a couple of departments, job offer immediately (not normal)

Interview Question – why should we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – just discussed salary which is among the top tier of their type of company.