DriveTime Automotive Group

67 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in July 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by an internal recruiter. There was a phone screening and then brought in for an in person interview and then a second in person interview to meet people outside the IT group.

Interview Question – It was pretty straight forward interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the pay scale is set.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2014.

Interview Details I was impressed with the quickness of the whole process, which reflects the company culture of DriveTime. My interview process was concluded in 8 calendar days. I had 3 rounds of interview. First telephonic, second Skype interview and finally an onsite interview.

Telephonic round was relatively casual. It's duration was 16 minutes. It was more like a conversation. They were mainly interested in seeing how I would articulate my background on a very high level. Skype interview was a little intense. The questions were mostly related to Agile Scrum and my past experiences. Also, I was asked some basic SQL questions. The duration was around 1 hour. The interview process culminated with a grilling and long final round interview which lasted for 2 and a half hours. That's right! 7 people spoke to me, 2 at a time. Although the interview was long, it was not as intense as the skype round. Questions revolved around what I know about the company, the industry, Agile Methodologies, my education, the past projects I worked on, and my future aspirations, how I am a good fit for the company and so on.

Interview Question – None (if you cover all the preparation points as per the job description).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was already offered a good starting salary for the location--Phoenix, AZ. Nonetheless I still negotiated albeit without much success.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview Details There were many interviews. The process does not matter if you are internal or external. You will get to talk to many levels of senior management. The longer they keep you, the more likely you are to get the job.

Interview Question – They asked for specific evidence of my existing portfolio.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2014.

Interview Details The job listing and initial phone interview detailed a certain set of required skills. Based on the phone interview - with a member of the hiring department, not an HR screen - I had exactly the skill sets that person needed to join his team. Upon meeting at the firm in person, a different individual on the hiring team drilled me on a very different set of required skills, which I did not have, was not discussed with prior team member, and did not appear on the job listing. Disappointing, frustrating, a waste of my time, and evidence that they are not communicating well.

Interview Question – Numerous queries as to apparently required skills not previously detailed or discussed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2014.

Interview Details Drivetime had me talk to a general manager and a sales manager first then later on that same day I met with the marketing manager who told me that I would find out about the decision by the next day. Next day the HR person called and asked me to go to third face to face interview about an hour from my house. The whole time everyone acted like I was going to be hired. After the third face to face interview I was told I would be given a call either way. Next day no call but an email telling me that I didn't get hired. I called the HR person and was told that they choose someone that had more experience. I was told in the first interview that they were looking to hire more than one person. I guess this was not the case.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Compliance Analyst

Interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group

Interview Details Drivetime called me back very quickly. I had two interview sessions. The first was with a manager and a team member, and the second was with a wide range of people at all levels of the company. The process was very speedy, and also a lot of fun! Great experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current company.   Answer Question

Intern - Analytics/Finance Interview

Intern - Analytics/Finance
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in March 2014.

Interview Details Pretty straightforward interview process, the interviewer seemed to be mostly going off my resume and questions were mostly focused on my past experience. The interview was initially supposed to be in person, but since I went to school out of state I did it over Skype instead. It helped that I knew someone in the company who I had previously worked with and could vouch for me.

Interview Question – Explain what you did at your previous internship.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group

Interview Details basic 3 person panel interview with pretty standard questions to answer. ie. tell us about why you would be most qualified for this position what is the hardest thing for you to do in a work setting, how do you handle stress, are you an out of box thinker, explain the hardest employee and solutions for their improvement

Interview Question – explain the hardest employee and solutions for their improvement   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Relations Interview

Customer Relations
Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in March 2012.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was fantastic. The company asked me questions I felt were relevant to the position I would be working, and they treated me with respect.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview Details Phone then office interview.
Great company to work for.

Interview Question – Basic Technical nothing surprising   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!