Duff & Phelps

Updated 15 Feb 2015
Updated 15 Feb 2015

3.1

Valuation Services Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Took forever. I was not offered a position, but the entire process, first contact to notification of final decision took almost 4 months! They weren't very communicative during the entire process.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2015.

It was my 1st round on the phone. Interview went very well. it was about 30 min and 90% of the time i was getting technical questions. Most of them about DCF modeling.

Interview Questions
    • In order to find Beta for US based private company, Is it okay to use company's Beta which is listed in tokyo stock exchange?   View Answer

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview obtained via on-campus recruiting in conjunction with formal online application. Interviewed by two friendly D&P associates for 30-45 minutes. I was given an opportunity to ask questions of them at the end of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. "Super day" featured several interviews containing a majority of technical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in January 2015.

Soon after I applied, I got an email and we arranged a meeting. They said it would take an hour and be technical, and that is exactly how it was

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very technical, but easy, basically just going through a valuation process   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps.

The interview process is a standard one where you meet with the around 3-4 team members and talk about current interests in real estate, coursework/internships where you have worked and how it will help you for the real world. No technical questions besides asking about a DCF. More general questions.

Valuation Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

The process was very fast for the first round interview. The interview itself was only 30 minutes and on campus. I got the interview through a career fair. It was mostly conversational with a few technical questions regarding valuation methods and techniques...mostly DCF model.

Interview Questions
    • Starting with income statement how would you come up with the value for Cash on the balance sheet?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2014.

One on one interview, the guy was mostly reading off of a script with questions. The interviewer did not even work in the same department that I was interviewing for. Took about a week to get the first interview and another week to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of technical financial questions: Cost of equity, WACC, Beta. A bunch of generic questions such as teamwork and ethical questions.   Answer Question

Strategic Value Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2014.

first round interview on campus, 45 min. Most behavioral questions (tell me about a situation ...) The technical question is about probability, expected value etc.
    After a week, went to Palo Alto office for a super day. 4 back-to-back 45 min interviews, one of them is a technical interview, the question is about basic probability. Others are behavioral similar to the first round.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and heard back over a week. I actually interviewed with this firm twice before. Last year they did not hire anybody in the LA office so I'd say they really hire based off need. Interviewer was very friend and it consisted of a mix between behavioral and technical questions. Nothing too difficult unless you don't know your valuation.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF model.
      How do you get cost of capital?
      What is EBITDA?

Basic valuation questions so know your methodologies!

Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Quick. Interviewers were not asking difficult questions. A more centralized interview process would/does vet out poor candidates. Rather than constantly looking for quality talent, they wait until people leave and then realize that their choices are not ideal.

They beat another offer I had