Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015
Updated 11 Apr 2015

2.8

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through staffing agency. I had phone screen with guy from India and he claim that he is manager and is on vacation. I spoke with him for 1 hour on the phone and he told me that he is impressed with my skills, and then next day I had onsite interview. Onsite interview was located in North Lamar and Airport. 7 people took my interview one after another. Only one guy asked me tough technical interview questions with lady sitting with him. That guy was kind of rude and asked me lots of tough questions. Rest of the 6 guys asked pretty much asked me on what I have done so far in previous company. I have to repeated the same story 6 times for 6 people one after another in interview room. Interview was pretty good. Once the interview was over, I was being the told that they will get in touch with me. It's been 3+ weeks and they have not gotten back to me yet and I saw online on several job sites that they are still looking for same position and posted as new position. Their technical questions were very tough like pretty much mostly Architect based type instead of Senior Software engineer, but yet their pay was below average. I was being told that right candidate will be working all my himself in one project. Project consisted of Sales-force integration with existing web application.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Sandyford (Ireland)).

Interview

A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Questions

• I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Allentown, PA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me based on an old resume for a position in a different location, after speaking realized I was a better fit for a different (more lucrative position).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was very young, and didn't try to negotiate as it was significantly more than I was making at the time.

Interview

Overly involved process with 5 separate interviews. Included a presentation to a group of which only 2 of 5 scheduled attended. Weeks passed and I was advised waiting on final offer to be made. Long story short, instead of offer was advised that a direct contact of a senior manager was chosen at their insistence.

Interview Questions

• Going through numerous interviews with essentially the same individual.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter, went well and basic sales questions. Recruiter moved me forward and was supportive throughout the process. Called back for interview in the office. Initial impression was good, seeing large open floor with casually dressed employees. Led to a room to meet with one of the Sales Managers. They gave a brief overview of the position, it was a little rushed. Then left me in the room with a phone for a mock call. Phone rings and I am instantly aking questions and trying to demonstrate knowledge of their preferred approach. Call goes through entire process (with a product overview for reference) and most importantly, asking for the sale and closing. Followed by high level feedback on my style, communication skills and approach. Told they would be in touch and received a call back within the week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Director of NCA conducted the mock call, the pressure was on immediately and they played a "pleasant but tough" customer, throwing a few curveballs with objections and pushback on price.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base is set offer, very little room for negotiations. All opportunity for earnings is based on sales performance. Must hit quota and over achieve for bonus potential.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

One phone interview from a corporate recruiter. Then a 3 person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat offer that was above my salary expectation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview took 5 minutes, basic questions such as what your best attrubute, where you go to school

Predictive Modeler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ (US)).

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, 1 hour presentation, 5 face to face interview

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied on campus. First round was a short phone interview. Basic personality questions. Made it to the super day. 3 half hour interviews with managers. More personality questions with some technical stuff (statistical background etc). Easy process all in all

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

The worst experience I had with the interviewer. He could not speak proper English but was trying to dominate. Asked some what is this questions.