DynCorp International

Updated 8 Dec 2014
Updated 8 Dec 2014

2.4

Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2012.

First contact with the company was via a e-mail from a senior recruiter after I had applied approx. 2 months before. 3 days after I responded to the email answering a couple of questions I received a call from the recruiter asking me a couple of affirmation questions. Also received a call from the hiring manager in theater affirming some prior work experience. So from the first e-mail to the last phone call the process took about 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were selected, would you be able to leave the country within 2 weeks? If not, why?   View Answer
    • Do you have a current passport? If yes, when does it expire?   View Answer
    The salary was non-negotiable. It was less than I had hoped for but still seemed adequate.

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in April 2012.

I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   View Answer

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question
    No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

Desk Top Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in February 2012.

The interview process took about 15min. The recruiter just grilled me about what I diid on my last job. After the interview the recruiter seemed satisfied and offer a salary package that I did not accept. She told me that the ball pack and no room for negotiation. I declined her offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an upset user, who is afraid of missing her report deadline due to Computer issue   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a team member when an issue arise that leads to unpleasant working environment   Answer Question

I believe the offer is about $25k short of what other employers offer for this position to work in war zone. I made more than her offer working in Iraq, which is consider less dangerous than Afghanistan

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2012.

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

MWR Foreman Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

I had a call from one of the recruiting agent who gave me an interview date which I had no option of changing. We had a one on one talk about my work and experiences.
    Then I had to take a lengthy English proficiency test which tested repetition, word formation,listening and talking.
    The recruiter emailed the results to the Dyncorp HR and the job was offered.

Advice: The recruiters seem to be more concerned about your experience (the higher the better) and if not an American National, the higher the post applied for the higher you have to score in the English Proficiency test.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a detailed about your work experience and achievements   View Answer

Got another offer locally

Security Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question
    No negotiation since is a contract job

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Questions
    • A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question
    All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   Answer Question
    None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Very simple. There was a phone interview. They asked for samples of your work and experience with office software. The last item was the face to face interview with a very high strung yet brilliant VP. She knew exactly what she wanted, and would not settle for less.

Interview Questions
    • The question about mistakes in the past. Sometimes it is very hard to admit your mistakes.   View Answer