DynCorp International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Project Controls Specialist Senior
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Interview Details Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Question – After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.

Very Easy Interview

Security Lead Supervisor Interview

Security Lead Supervisor
Fiji (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in May 2009.

Interview Details Comunication was good and also the culture

Project Control Specialist, Scheduler, Mid Interview

Project Control Specialist, Scheduler, Mid

I applied online and interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details HR Recruiter set a phone interview with the typical behavioral questions. After two interviews with the same HR Recruiter and offer was extended.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have to resource load your schedules   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary is set based on the cotract with the government.

Senior Budget Analyst Interview

Senior Budget Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2010.

Interview Details This was very good and fit the interview to the position and responsibilities

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation very much take it or leave it.

Program Financial Analyst Interview

Program Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2012.

Interview Details Quiz you based on everything from Google, including wrong answers.

Interview Question – nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic Interview

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Interview Details submit all info correct and detailed as possible and in a timely matter.

Negotiation Details – quick because all my kids where out of school and I was beyond ready to change my financial situation and jobs in the us where to competitive and you had to know somebody to get ina

Rotary Wing Mechanic Interview

Rotary Wing Mechanic

Interviewed at DynCorp International

Interview Details Simple hiring process no interview required, it was all based off resume and recommendations

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in March 2011.

Interview Details Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Question – FAR, DFAR knowledge highly regarded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps

Security Specialist Interview

Security Specialist
Reston, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2009.

Interview Details My interview was very nice and interesting.
They explained income, location, excepted duties, hours and who I would be working for. (Manager/Supervisor) and he just so happened to be there so I got to meat him, and he gave me an overview of what would be expected of me and when I could start working.

Interview Question – About my age   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "I am able to offer you $18.65 per hour if that is acceptable"

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews with DynCorp. The process took about three weeks before I was notified of the hire. The interview process consisted of questions about Human Resource policies recruitment strategies, favorite positions held and behavioral questions. The interviews lasted for one hour and were conducted by a manager and team lead.

Interview Question – What was the hardest position to fill and how did I fill the vacant position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DynCorp International