EMC

EMC Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC.

Technical interviews, HR, Interviews will be tough and elaborate. Need to know everything which is mentioned in the JD. Technical rounds will be elaborate and tricky. HR rounds will be promising once completing the tech round.

Interview Questions
    • Need to be very much satisfied with the JOB Description if you are applying   Answer Question

SE Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EMC.

it was totally 5 rounds including HR and Manager , It was nice interview and all rounds done in one day but late process for giving the offer latter .

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in December 2014.

1st of all they take communication rounds where they ask to tell about any topic.After getting an idea about your ascent they will tell you the result.Then the next round is aptitude,where they will check your logical and mental abilities.After clearing the round there will be HR or Technical round where the fate of the students is decided.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself,what projects you did in your college.   View Answer

Actually they were offering Associate technical post .

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

One initial telephonic technical round with a panel of 2. One face to face round with a panel of two, one technical architect and one manager. One telephonic round with a Senior manager from US. One telephonic round with a Senior Developer from US. The importance on communication was almost same as the importance on technical knowledge. 50% questions were technical whereas 50% questions were managerial.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince the leadership for a feature that you want to include in the application?   Answer Question
    Little bit negotiation could be done as I was holding another offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

Got a direct call from EMC.
    The first round was a programming round basically involving sorting of Objects in java ( overriding comparators)
    Second round was technical round dealing with questions on RMI, web services, DB many to many mapping etc. Was asked to implement LinkedBlockingQueue
    Third round was architectural and Design patterns round. Given a use case what is the Design pattern you will use. ( questions were on map reduce framework, new features of java 8, observer patterns, multi threading, fork and join,)
    Fourth round was a scjp round. interviewer writes questions on a board and asks to predict the output. scjp questions on overloading, overriding, synchronized key word, finally block, abstract classes etc
    Fifth and sixth round more or less managerial rounds related Software engineering management concepts like agile , waterfall models etc .. and details on their projects
    Seventh Round HR

Interview Questions
    • Given a directory which contains sub directories and each sub directory contains multiple log files and each log file being around 40GB, write a program that can give me the name of the log file that has a maximum number of error statements within a particular time period.   View Answer
    a very good HR.

Verification Engineer Interview

the interview panel will have 4 members and after that with manager and then HR we are done. total we will have 5-6 rounds of technical discussion and then finally with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions all very basics and description of your previous work.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

You will have easy rounds of interview, one technical & then managerial & after which HR roung, all are pretty easy, you have to have a very good knowledge of the position you have worked in past. You can be straight forward.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in September 2014.

1 MCQ round
    2 interview rounds-1 tech + 2 HR
    The MCQ round contained 60 questions-30 logical ,30 technical(computer concepts)
    Interview rounds mainly focused on the basic knowledge of various computer science subjects , like Networks(my project was in networks),Operating systems(not much), and a coding question on data structures(related to trees) .
    HR interview didn't take long (10-15 minutes).
    THe interviewers were nice 2 us and helped me wen I was stuck in a coding question

Interview Questions
    • zig zag level order traversal of the tree . I did it using data structures(stacks and queues . Then I was asked to do it using normal recursion . Was stuck in the middle .   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2014.

4 rounds of interview. Aptitude, group disscussion, technical test and essay, face to face. Fairly easy in terms of difficulty in technical, aptitude and group discussion. Personal interview was rigorous and took about 40 mins.

Was asked to sign a 4 year service agreement