EMC

410 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details I had 7 rounds to clear Communication,analytic, 2 technical, Managerial, Senior managerial, HR and Director round.
The toughest part is with the managers.. Most questions are based on your resumes. The more skills on technical language you put, the more questions are expected[ex. my resume had C, C++, Java, Unix etc]
Make sure you know the basics on what you have updated.
Communication and confidence will be your plus point.
Talk only upto the point and know much on the networking part.
EMC is one of the best place to work at.

Interview Question – Most difficult, when you are not able to connect to a server what would you check first?
what is DNS and how does it work?
Few questions on C++, JAVA were also there like what are class, call by value and call by reference example.
Top down approach, bottom up approach. How does the operating system works?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Confidential.

Intern Interview

Bangalore

I interviewed at EMC in July 2013.

Interview Details Interview round is very straight forward.they check your basic knowledge specially C/C++. they also ask some puzzles.so prepared well to face challenging puzzle problems.

Interview Question – why should i hire you..prepared well for this.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Interview Details Jam + Aptitude + Technical written + 3 interviews

Interview Question – Why is your marks so unstable?   View Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details 2 rounds of interview, then an interview with HR.

Interview Question – Many aspects of the Java Stack were covered - basic ones   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied online - interviewed at EMC in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through job portal. Got call after couple of days. Questions are more on process and automation. Interviewer told that JD shared by EMC recruiter he do not know. JD has "PMT team or other functional meetings (PMT, BMT, CTL) ", interviewer was not able to explain.

Interview Question – Tell me what you have done in whitebox testing   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in February 2011.

Interview Details It was an on campus interview. First round was written round with some basic programming stuff, aptitude and verbal reasoning. Was pretty easy. The next 2 rounds were technical. Was asked some C snippets and puzzles. The 2nd tech round was complete C programming based. Asked about structures, unions, how to detect a palindrome etc. Anyone with fair understanding of basics would clear them.

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details Interview process is pretty easy to crack as interviewers dont ask anything related to algos or complex design questions.
They would rather check for attitude.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details Applied for the position based on an internal referral, 2 rounds of technical interview, hr interview

Interview Question – what made you consider leaving the earlier firm?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details I am the student of National Institute of Technology Karanataka ,Surathkal.I applied for major project in EMC Bangalore through some link from friend.After some days ,my resume got shortlisted and was asked to visit company for further rounds such as written and interviews.
In written ,general questions were asked and interview ,puzzles and technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – Tree Related problem.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2013.

Interview Details Very easy interview. You need not to know anything of project management. It's a dubious company to work with if you want to get into project management.

Note: They do not have much projects, they have 40% project management strength sitting idle and without work. Also, you'll fine freshers or people with less than 1 year exp doing the same job of 8 years exp person.

Interview Question – Fundamentals of PM   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are best payers

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC interview questions and advice. All 410 interview reviews are posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.