EMC Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

Got a direct call from EMC.
    The first round was a programming round basically involving sorting of Objects in java ( overriding comparators)
    Second round was technical round dealing with questions on RMI, web services, DB many to many mapping etc. Was asked to implement LinkedBlockingQueue
    Third round was architectural and Design patterns round. Given a use case what is the Design pattern you will use. ( questions were on map reduce framework, new features of java 8, observer patterns, multi threading, fork and join,)
    Fourth round was a scjp round. interviewer writes questions on a board and asks to predict the output. scjp questions on overloading, overriding, synchronized key word, finally block, abstract classes etc
    Fifth and sixth round more or less managerial rounds related Software engineering management concepts like agile , waterfall models etc .. and details on their projects
    Seventh Round HR

Interview Questions
    • Given a directory which contains sub directories and each sub directory contains multiple log files and each log file being around 40GB, write a program that can give me the name of the log file that has a maximum number of error statements within a particular time period.   View Answer
    a very good HR.

Verification Engineer Interview

the interview panel will have 4 members and after that with manager and then HR we are done. total we will have 5-6 rounds of technical discussion and then finally with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions all very basics and description of your previous work.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

You will have easy rounds of interview, one technical & then managerial & after which HR roung, all are pretty easy, you have to have a very good knowledge of the position you have worked in past. You can be straight forward.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in September 2014.

1 MCQ round
    2 interview rounds-1 tech + 2 HR
    The MCQ round contained 60 questions-30 logical ,30 technical(computer concepts)
    Interview rounds mainly focused on the basic knowledge of various computer science subjects , like Networks(my project was in networks),Operating systems(not much), and a coding question on data structures(related to trees) .
    HR interview didn't take long (10-15 minutes).
    THe interviewers were nice 2 us and helped me wen I was stuck in a coding question

Interview Questions
    • zig zag level order traversal of the tree . I did it using data structures(stacks and queues . Then I was asked to do it using normal recursion . Was stuck in the middle .   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2014.

4 rounds of interview. Aptitude, group disscussion, technical test and essay, face to face. Fairly easy in terms of difficulty in technical, aptitude and group discussion. Personal interview was rigorous and took about 40 mins.

Was asked to sign a 4 year service agreement

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

no special comments interview is on captiva inputaccel the projects and how do we configure the Input accel and einput modules. interviewer asked questions regarding the multi module deleting nodes and their parameters

not good

Principal Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC.

It was a smooth process and had 5 round of interview on a same and one round of telephonic interview. Overall questions asked was good and technically sound. I was happy to answer those question. I have asked on on Storage and Virtualization technology. However interviewer were asked the intelligent questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised when i got a question how do you manage the team members.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC in June 2014.

This is for the IT leadership program.The many rounds it had was quite annoying since the package offered was mediocre. There was an online aptitude and technical test in our college.We were then shortlisted and called to their office.We had a technical and HR face to face interview.The candidates that were shortlisted were again called for an HR face to face interview. They told me that if i get a call and email I would be selected for the next round.Accordingly I got a call telling me i qualified to the next round and to come the next day.I even received a confirmation email.

When i went there the next day in the afternoon ,they tell me they interviewed a few more people on that day in the morning and since they were better I'm no longer a shortlisted candidate.But I realised this was a lie, because some of the people who interviewed on the same day as me got a call on the day of the interview in the afternoon asking them to come(just a few hours before the scheduled interview).How did they suddenly decide on the day of the interview that I who was already selected should be removed and someone who wasn't selected should take my place instead?

I felt very disappointed to be rejected after making 3 long distance travels and all the preparation for the interview.They should respect their commitment no matter what the reason. If the company treats its candidates with such insensitivity I wonder how the work environment there is. I'm happy I'm not in such a company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2014.

I had 5 rounds in total:
    Telephonic (45 minutes), Technical1 (30 minutes ish), Technical2 (30 minutes ish), Managerial round with BU head (15 minutes - general discussion)

Mainly the discussion went on about core java and my previous company projects. They will rely on the content present in resume. So be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Simple questions.

Asked me right 2 programs in telephonic. and general discussions about collections, multi threading and exception from java.
        Answer Question
    Not bad... upto the expectation.