EMC

457 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details no special comments interview is on captiva inputaccel the projects and how do we configure the Input accel and einput modules. interviewer asked questions regarding the multi module deleting nodes and their parameters

Negotiation Details – not good

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in May 2014.

Interview Details Good Telephonic round followed by two technical rounds and one managerial round,one director round and one HR...till technical rounds it was fine but from director round it was pathetic that director started asking technical questions with out clarity on question if i ask doubt on question he was feeling un easy ant the recruiter behaviour was too bad no update on satus if i call he will disconnet....

Interview Questions

• Director round was supposed to be discussion on managerial stuff but unfortunately for me he started asking technical questions like how to give access to different roles with out checking with DB or LDAP   View Answer
  • Reverse a linked list in java,Synchronization in core java, what is thread.yield,Thread life cycle, Write custom split function in java, write a program to implement stack,write a program to implement deadlock etc...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didnt like the mentality of the senior management and the way recruiter handles the individuals was so bad.

Principal Software Quality Engineer Interview

Principal Software Quality Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details It was a smooth process and had 5 round of interview on a same and one round of telephonic interview. Overall questions asked was good and technically sound. I was happy to answer those question. I have asked on on Storage and Virtualization technology. However interviewer were asked the intelligent questions.

Interview Question – I was surprised when i got a question how do you manage the team members.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Associate IT Generalist
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

Interview Details This is for the IT leadership program.The many rounds it had was quite annoying since the package offered was mediocre. There was an online aptitude and technical test in our college.We were then shortlisted and called to their office.We had a technical and HR face to face interview.The candidates that were shortlisted were again called for an HR face to face interview. They told me that if i get a call and email I would be selected for the next round.Accordingly I got a call telling me i qualified to the next round and to come the next day.I even received a confirmation email.

When i went there the next day in the afternoon ,they tell me they interviewed a few more people on that day in the morning and since they were better I'm no longer a shortlisted candidate.But I realised this was a lie, because some of the people who interviewed on the same day as me got a call on the day of the interview in the afternoon asking them to come(just a few hours before the scheduled interview).How did they suddenly decide on the day of the interview that I who was already selected should be removed and someone who wasn't selected should take my place instead?

I felt very disappointed to be rejected after making 3 long distance travels and all the preparation for the interview.They should respect their commitment no matter what the reason. If the company treats its candidates with such insensitivity I wonder how the work environment there is. I'm happy I'm not in such a company.

Interview Question – How is binary data stored on the main memory?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

Interview Details I had 5 rounds in total:
Telephonic (45 minutes), Technical1 (30 minutes ish), Technical2 (30 minutes ish), Managerial round with BU head (15 minutes - general discussion)

Mainly the discussion went on about core java and my previous company projects. They will rely on the content present in resume. So be prepared!

Interview Question – Nothing as such. Simple questions.

Asked me right 2 programs in telephonic. and general discussions about collections, multi threading and exception from java.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not bad... upto the expectation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview Details Was hired from college.
Had one round of written test and one round of f2f interview with a panel consisting of two member
And finaaly an HR interview.
Asked abt operating system concepts and few programming questions

Interview Question – Not so difficult but wasn't easy as well.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2012.

Interview Details There were 5 rounds in order or occurence:
Telephonic
Face2Face (Technical) Interview at EMC
1:1 Interview to assess Aptitude.
1:1 With Manager
1:1 Telephonic with HR.

Questions mostly tested my C/C++, Data Structure and Algo skills. There were some puzzles regarding call order of constructor / destructors etc

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Technical Support Engineer I
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details I had 7 rounds to clear Communication,analytic, 2 technical, Managerial, Senior managerial, HR and Director round.
The toughest part is with the managers.. Most questions are based on your resumes. The more skills on technical language you put, the more questions are expected[ex. my resume had C, C++, Java, Unix etc]
Make sure you know the basics on what you have updated.
Communication and confidence will be your plus point.
Talk only upto the point and know much on the networking part.
EMC is one of the best place to work at.

Interview Question – Most difficult, when you are not able to connect to a server what would you check first?
what is DNS and how does it work?
Few questions on C++, JAVA were also there like what are class, call by value and call by reference example.
Top down approach, bottom up approach. How does the operating system works?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Confidential.

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore

I interviewed at EMC in July 2013.

Interview Details Interview round is very straight forward.they check your basic knowledge specially C/C++. they also ask some puzzles.so prepared well to face challenging puzzle problems.

Interview Question – why should i hire you..prepared well for this.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Technical Support Engineer I
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Interview Details Jam + Aptitude + Technical written + 3 interviews

Interview Question – Why is your marks so unstable?   View Answer

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!