EMC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

You will have easy rounds of interview, one technical & then managerial & after which HR roung, all are pretty easy, you have to have a very good knowledge of the position you have worked in past. You can be straight forward.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2013.

First get a call from HR for technical interview discussion,then 2 technical interview,manager round and then followed by HR.Interview was an average. Mostly question are related to my past experience.

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

1. Communication Round : Moderate
    2. Apti + technical : Moderate
    3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
    4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
    5. Managerial Round
    6. US HR round

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2011.

- Telephone interview, to review the suitability of the candidate for the role on offer. A very easy 10 minute interaction, generally by the HR.
    - Once the above round is through, there is a face to face interview scheduled. The scheduled interviews are extremely efficient and there is hardly any waiting time between rounds.
    - Based on the role on offer, there would be a minimum of 2 to 3 rounds of technical and management interactions.
    - The first round of the face to face interview is a technical round, generally one of the senior folks or subject matter experts interview the candidates here. Based on the person interviewing, skills such as aptitude, ability to apply oneself are tested. Again this can vary with the roles on offer. Difficulty levels are moderate.
    - Post the technical round, generally there is a manager interaction, wherein the immediate supervisor would interview you. This is partly technical and non - technical. General management questions on the intentions in the move are tested.
    - There can be an additional senior manager interaction, this would generally be a panel interaction with a manager and the senior manager interacting together with the candidate. Questions asked can be case studies, puzzles and situation based behavior testing. Difficulty moderate.
    - The last round is the interaction with the HR where salary negotiations happen.

- Negotiate hard, always better to be aware of the current salary trends in the industry whilst negotiating.
    - If there is an option, get in touch with existing EMCer's to understand what would be a good figure.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2014.

I applied online and got a call with 2-3 days. I had 4 rounds of technical interviews. 2 phone call rounds and 2 F2F rounds.
    Interviewers were prompt and explained requirements clearly. Questions were mostly around QA methodologies, automation and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing specifically difficult question, explaining testing approach for a particular scenario it sounded the interviewer was expecting more details/approach from me.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC.

no special comments interview is on captiva inputaccel the projects and how do we configure the Input accel and einput modules. interviewer asked questions regarding the multi module deleting nodes and their parameters

not good

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in May 2014.

Good Telephonic round followed by two technical rounds and one managerial round,one director round and one HR...till technical rounds it was fine but from director round it was pathetic that director started asking technical questions with out clarity on question if i ask doubt on question he was feeling un easy ant the recruiter behaviour was too bad no update on satus if i call he will disconnet....

Interview Questions
    • Director round was supposed to be discussion on managerial stuff but unfortunately for me he started asking technical questions like how to give access to different roles with out checking with DB or LDAP   View Answer
    • Reverse a linked list in java,Synchronization in core java, what is thread.yield,Thread life cycle, Write custom split function in java, write a program to implement stack,write a program to implement deadlock etc...   Answer Question

I didnt like the mentality of the senior management and the way recruiter handles the individuals was so bad.

Principal Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EMC.

It was a smooth process and had 5 round of interview on a same and one round of telephonic interview. Overall questions asked was good and technically sound. I was happy to answer those question. I have asked on on Storage and Virtualization technology. However interviewer were asked the intelligent questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised when i got a question how do you manage the team members.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

This is for the IT leadership program.The many rounds it had was quite annoying since the package offered was mediocre. There was an online aptitude and technical test in our college.We were then shortlisted and called to their office.We had a technical and HR face to face interview.The candidates that were shortlisted were again called for an HR face to face interview. They told me that if i get a call and email I would be selected for the next round.Accordingly I got a call telling me i qualified to the next round and to come the next day.I even received a confirmation email.

When i went there the next day in the afternoon ,they tell me they interviewed a few more people on that day in the morning and since they were better I'm no longer a shortlisted candidate.But I realised this was a lie, because some of the people who interviewed on the same day as me got a call on the day of the interview in the afternoon asking them to come(just a few hours before the scheduled interview).How did they suddenly decide on the day of the interview that I who was already selected should be removed and someone who wasn't selected should take my place instead?

I felt very disappointed to be rejected after making 3 long distance travels and all the preparation for the interview.They should respect their commitment no matter what the reason. If the company treats its candidates with such insensitivity I wonder how the work environment there is. I'm happy I'm not in such a company.

Interview Questions

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!