ESPN

Updated 20 Feb 2015
Updated 20 Feb 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN.

Really long process. The interviews are easy just listen to what it is they are asking and answer the best way you can. Be yourself and you'll be fine. Know your stuff!! And definitely ask questions if you have any, they are always willing to answer any questions that you may have. Also, do your research on the company and know what the job description for which you have applied for says.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from the other applicants?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ESPN.

Multi-step interview process. Screening, first interview and usually second round required to meet with senior management. Expected to be well prepared and knowledgeable about the brand. A passion for sports a definite plus. Educational background must check out and qualify.

Interview Questions
    • Presented with multiple scenarios regarding customer care and service.   Answer Question
    Yes, negotiation is hard but is possible.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ESPN.

Very personable interview. No ridiculous/difficult questions that you aren't ready to answer. Great experience during the interview process. Be yourself and they will be more likely to hire you. I didn't have the most impressive resume but I am comfortable during interviews and know how to carry on a conversation. Keep calm during the interview and you'll move on.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from all other internship candidates?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

All Star questions during the interview. If you just google STAR interview questions you will know how to answer every question. First met with Director and then with Managers. Be very careful and ask them if this is a new position and if they are replacing someone. If they are replacing someone ask them if this involuntary or voluntary and what they thought that employee could have done different to a successful employee. If they don't tell you, run as fast as you can!!!

No negotiations

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN in January 2015.

Was brief. Was informed they already had a candidate chosen & had to go through the process. Submitted the application and moved onto a second round. About a week later received the phone call that they appreciated my application & they suggested that I continue to apply to any HR job that is posted.

Interview Questions
    • How many years was I hands in in the environment?   View Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

Phone interview that included a sports quiz
    In person interview: They fly you out to their HQ in Bristol, CT. 4 different people interview you. Includes a question/answer portion, sports knowledge/ writing portion, rundown producing and a situation portion.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Multimedia Editor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN.

It took up to 6 months for hiring process; from phone interview to onsite interview and final decision. Everyone I spoke to/dealt with was great and very friendly. Unfortunately, I was not offered the position..

Interview Questions
    • "What will be the most difficult thing for you to get used to if given this position"   Answer Question

Bottomline Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

Applied online, took sports acumen test, contacted two weeks later. Had two phone interviews, one with Bottomline Managing Editor and the other with the Director of Stats and Info. Interview consisted mostly of sports-related questions.

Production Operations(Bristol) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in October 2014.

Have been through 3 phone interviews so far, and each one has been very pleasant. Not so much questions about knowledge of sports, but more the production side. Very helpful with resume. Was critiqued on it which did not lead to them passing on me which was relieving. So far great experience. One down side was waiting between one of the interview. It took double the amount of time to call me, but work happens.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing equipment that they use because of a lack of experience with high end equipment.   Answer Question

Stats Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN.

Long interview process with multiple stages. Must be patient. Will need to pass a sports assessment to prove knowledge of "sports trivia"-type content before full interview process begins. Then interviews with several managers and directors of varying levels. Depending on openings, the length of time from application to offer can be many months.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions on how you handle adversity in different aspects of life.   Answer Question
    There is some, but very limited, room for salary negotiation.