ESPN Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

Interview

First screened by HR associate via phone. 2nd Interview via phone with VP and Engineer. Call lasted 30 minutes.
    All very nice and professional. another HR person called after to see if I was a fit for another position.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward. ask questions about my background.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Really long process. The interviews are easy just listen to what it is they are asking and answer the best way you can. Be yourself and you'll be fine. Know your stuff!! And definitely ask questions if you have any, they are always willing to answer any questions that you may have. Also, do your research on the company and know what the job description for which you have applied for says.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other applicants?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

Interview

All Star questions during the interview. If you just google STAR interview questions you will know how to answer every question. First met with Director and then with Managers. Be very careful and ask them if this is a new position and if they are replacing someone. If they are replacing someone ask them if this involuntary or voluntary and what they thought that employee could have done different to a successful employee. If they don't tell you, run as fast as you can!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Multi-step interview process. Screening, first interview and usually second round required to meet with senior management. Expected to be well prepared and knowledgeable about the brand. A passion for sports a definite plus. Educational background must check out and qualify.

Interview Questions

• Presented with multiple scenarios regarding customer care and service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation is hard but is possible.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Very personable interview. No ridiculous/difficult questions that you aren't ready to answer. Great experience during the interview process. Be yourself and they will be more likely to hire you. I didn't have the most impressive resume but I am comfortable during interviews and know how to carry on a conversation. Keep calm during the interview and you'll move on.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from all other internship candidates?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Was brief. Was informed they already had a candidate chosen & had to go through the process. Submitted the application and moved onto a second round. About a week later received the phone call that they appreciated my application & they suggested that I continue to apply to any HR job that is posted.

Interview Questions

• How many years was I hands in in the environment?   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT (US)).

Interview

Phone interview that included a sports quiz
    In person interview: They fly you out to their HQ in Bristol, CT. 4 different people interview you. Includes a question/answer portion, sports knowledge/ writing portion, rundown producing and a situation portion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Multimedia Editor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN.

Interview

It took up to 6 months for hiring process; from phone interview to onsite interview and final decision. Everyone I spoke to/dealt with was great and very friendly. Unfortunately, I was not offered the position..

Interview Questions

• "What will be the most difficult thing for you to get used to if given this position"   Answer Question

Bottomline Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT (US)).

Interview

Applied online, took sports acumen test, contacted two weeks later. Had two phone interviews, one with Bottomline Managing Editor and the other with the Director of Stats and Info. Interview consisted mostly of sports-related questions.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in October 2014.

Interview

Have been through 3 phone interviews so far, and each one has been very pleasant. Not so much questions about knowledge of sports, but more the production side. Very helpful with resume. Was critiqued on it which did not lead to them passing on me which was relieving. So far great experience. One down side was waiting between one of the interview. It took double the amount of time to call me, but work happens.

Interview Questions

• Knowing equipment that they use because of a lack of experience with high end equipment.   Answer Question