EY

Updated 18 Nov 2014

2.9

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Staff Interview

Campus Recruiting- EY came to campus and held interviews. Next step will be on site, case based interview. There is also a writing aspect to test writing communication skills

Interview Questions
  • Typical Questions- Why EY? Strengths and Weakness?
    Tell how you solve problems, manage your time, and work with teams
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The hiring process took longer than I expected, but was a fairly simple process overall.

1) Reached out by an EY recruiter in the beginning regarding the nature of the position and a discussion of the type of work involved.

2) Next step was a phone interview with a Manager/Senior Manager about the practice in general, type of people they are looking for, and further in-depth discussion of the types of opportunities within the practice

3) Final part of the process was in person interviews, each lasting anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. It seemed to be purely a behavioral interview. As in, is this someone I would want to work with on a daily basis, especially late nights, and would they make a great impression on the client.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The interviewer just went through my resume and chatted with me. Only few behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork. And we talked about how to solve team disagreement and what is the most difficult projects I ever had and how I came through. After this, he gave me some time to ask him about my questions about EY

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Mid september the director of my program sent out an email alerting us to a few job offers EY had for MIS students. I finished my application around Sept. 20th. Later that week I got an email back saying I had an on campus interview the following week.

I found the on campus interview to be rather unorganized. First they put you in a room with some Staff from the local office then take you in to do a behavioral (resume walk through) interview with a manager through the local office. "Tell me about a time you were a leader" "What is your experience with tech, Excel, Access etc". I thought I did pretty bad as me and the interviewer didn't really hit it off she was pretty bland but the questions we're easy exactly what I expected.

Three weeks later I heard back that I had an Office Visit interview for mid november in NYC (my first choice office as indicated in first interview). They fly you in if you're far enough, put you up in a hotel the whole nine yards. Definitely take the hotel even if you're not too far so you can feel relaxed going in the day of and not worrying about traffic.

9:30 you meet in the office, Recruiters give you and other dozen or so candidates a brag slide show about how great EY, standard rankings and stuff. Then they match you up with a 'Greeter' who escorts you to your interviews for that day. Whole day felt super rushed, interviews back to back to back. My first was with a Manager, then Senior Manager and finally a case with a Partner. First two interviews we're pretty behavioral, only asked one or two questions actually and my answers turned into a conversation. Partner interview with a case was pretty intimidating but they are looking for your thought process not an answer. Case was NOT like a consulting case for MBB, I studied some frameworks but did not use them, it is a written case.

Got the call with an offer the Monday following my Friday interview.

Interview Questions
    • 20 minutes to read the case and analyze it. Case was about 6 pages long, a lot to look over in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

2 Behavior and 1 case.
    Behavior questions are basic, like why EY. Case study is basically to test your logical thinking.
    The interviewer are nice and the conversation are informal and relaxed.

Advisory Staff Interview

Applied through university via campus recruiting. After being selected for first round interviews, which in my opinion is the biggest weed-out portion of the process, I met with a greeter who brought me into a room with an upper-level manager. Although very similar to a typical behavioral interview, I was additionally asked a myriad of technical questions-- though I was applying for a more technical position under advisory, my resume and writing sample were scanned to the bone.

About 3 weeks later, I received an email saying I had to complete a timed writing assessment within 48 hours. A day later I was notified that I had advanced to the second round.

The second round interview consists of a "super day" at your specific office location (requested prior to application submission), where you attend a series of presentations, interviews, and a luncheon. The night before, you and all of the candidates meet up at a nice restaurant for a free ice-breaker dinner hosted by EY employees of all levels. On the day of, the company ultimately sells you on accepting the offer (big 4 companies do this), and then you are directed to 3 back to back interviews Both the behavioral interviews were much more relaxed and conversational than the first round which was a great relief because the case interview can take a lot out of you. I had a limited amount of time to read about an artificial company facing a process issue and use a framework to identify the issue and then resolve it. A few hours after the luncheon, I was notified that I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare in advance by looking at sample case studies. Be prepared to answer a lot of technical questions if you have an information systems background.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

The interview started with 1:1 meeting with a senior manager and a writing assessment. Questions are mostly related to behavioral questions and some questions related to your opinion about technology. After passed that, I got invited to an on-site interview.

Advisory Staff Interview

Applied through campus recruiting system and on-campus recruiting event. Had a first round interview a week later, and heard back about second round 4 weeks later. The first round was walking through resume and behavioral questions, followed by questions to ask the interviewer. The interviewer was a manager and the conversation was quite relaxed.

Advisory Staff Interview

Campus interview first interview 30 min basic behavioral questions not too hard. Asked basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Said I would hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

2 x 30 min back to back interview
    30 behavioral - biggest challenge, team conflict, how to apply my background with consulting.
    30 min case study - outsourcing or expand existing capacity.