EY

Getting the Interview

46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Question – What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details A manager from IT advisory interviewed me. Mostly behaviour questions. It lasts about 30 min.

Interview Question – Are you an analytical person?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in July 2013.

Interview Details I had been in contact with the company for almost a year before my formal interview. It was an in-office interview I was offered after attending a national conference for college students at my preference location. No hotel stay included, however, all expenses were reimbursed by the firm. The interview was very straight forward. I hesitate to say it was easy. One case study on a basic potential M&A deal where I was asked to list areas of concern and what I would do. No "right" answer, just buzzwords were looked for to make sure I recognized the area was of importance for the client to consider in the deal. Two other behavioral interviews that were very standard. No brainteasers, test on current events etc..

Interview Question – What is consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have not tried, though I may consider it.

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details 1 interview with a Manager or Senior Manager
1 Interview with a Partner
1 Case Study

Interview Question – The only difficult part was the case study. The Partner just wanted to chat with me.   View Answers (2)

Binghamton, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting and went through resume with a local office senior manager and got the 2nd round interview

Interview Question – basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details I applied through my school's career website. I was called for an on campus interview about one week later

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details Gave the recruiter my resume at a career fair on campus and was then invited to a coffee social. I got the first round 1:1 on campus interview with a senior manager and it was very conversational. The second round was an office visit. Thursday night we had a dinner at a partner's home and it was pretty much a meet and greet. It was very laid back. Friday morning we went into the office.The first two interviews were one on one with a partner and senior manager. They were both pretty conversational and mostly me asking the interviewer questions. They want to see a lot of confidence and your interest in the company. The third was a case study. I immediately did a SWOT analysis when reading the case and the interviewer asked for that when I went in so that was great.

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you've ever done?   View Answers (2)

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details After campus recruiting at a career fair, I was asked to interview for a level-1 entry staff member for Advisory. The interview consisted of going over my resume, pulling experiences from my resume to answer behavioral questions.The interviewers do have a sheet with sample interview questions for them to choose from, instead of them selecting questions based on your resume. After a few weeks they will call back about second round interviews which take place at headquarters and consist of case studies individually and in groups.

Interview Question – When was a time that you expected to fail but came through in the end?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details Have an initial interview at campus. Got a phone call 2 weeks later and invited to the 2nd round interview. Had a dinner at the partner's house. the next day has 2 1:1 interview and 1 case study. The interview is very relaxed, they wanted to know if you are a good fit to the position and the company. Then have a lunch with 2 staff.

Interview Question – Which do you prefer, GAAP and IFRS, and why?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff

Interview Details !st round on campus is a 45 min behavioral interview. 2nd round in office consists of 2 45 min behavioral interview and 1 45 min case interview.

Interview Question – behavioral questions are 'Quality' and 'People' focused.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as this was the only offer I had

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Advisory Staff interview questions and advice. All 46 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.