EY

Updated 11 Jan 2015

2.6

128 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

Firstly a aptitude test followed by HR interview and then a technical interview. All these need to be cleared to proceed further. In the aptitude test questions regarding excel, accountancy, basic english etc were asked. Highest scorers in the aptitude test are selected ahead. Followed by HR interview.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in July 2012.

As it was campus interview initially group of people were invited and participated in teams secondly cleared HR Round then Technical round and finally Partner Round

Interview Questions
    • Many in depth were question were asked on Revised schedule and IGAAP   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

They are all behavioral. ask you your strengths and weaknesses. ask you why you choose this company. ask you the conflict. ask you the teamwork. You need to stay professional dont get carried away by small talk. They dont like it when you do that. Remember, it is a formal interview but chitchat time.

No room.

Audit Staff Interview

Initial call - different questions, CV summary and about my interest for the company, professional background,
    Focus group, two individual interviews with HR staff and manager, also did some math and language tests

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

First round interview was pretty easy. The partner just talked about recent news and why I choose accounting. I really had a good impression on EY because the pre night in our school was so huge and people I talked to were so nice. But the second round interview was just DISAPPOINTING. HR set two senior associates to interview me and I can feel during the interview process that both of them did not want to talk to me and just wanted to get back to their work. I got the rejection letter two days later. I don't think I deserve the rejection letter and was unqualified. (being told I have a great personality by other people, got 3.8 GPA and plenty of working/internship experience) I was really disappointed that EY does not pay that much attention to interview candidates (only two senior associates for second round? really?). If you do not have any experience people to do the interview, then don't invite people down to NYC for second round!

Audit Staff Interview

There were two interviews. I was Asked personality questions. On campus interview was first and then second round office tour and interview pursued if they liked you after round one.

None

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

3 Steps
    1. phone conversation with recruiter - basic personality and resume questions
    2. on campus interview - Mine lasted 45 minutes. Asked more in depth questions about my resume. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? What is a time you have had trouble with a teammate and how have you dealt with that?
    3. Office Visit - They flew me to the office location I wanted, and put me up in a really nice hotel. The first night someone came to the hotel to pick me up and take me to a partner's house for dinner with other staff and applicants. The office visit consisted of a presentation, staff panel, 3 30 minute interviews, and a lunch with staff and the other applicants. The interviews mainly consisted of me asking them questions about their experience at EY.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think building relationships is important in business?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

5 Week Process. 1st round campus, 2nd round office visit. Questions were the same as 1st round, just a little more difficult. Everyone was friendly and there were 2 30 minute interviews with 2 senior managers then lunch with a staff. I got a phone call next day by one of my interviewers telling me I got extended an offer to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • None, they are just interviewing you to see if you fit their culture and they already know your competent from 1st round interviews   Answer Question

Accepted another offer

Audit Staff Interview

on campus recruiting, first round, only behavioral questions. Asked about my summer experiences, on campus activities and teamwork experiences. I was also asked about my biggest achievement. No direct question about why you are interested in audit.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask me to introduce myself at the start. Started as an unexpected way. The most unexpected questions are biggest achievement. Tips, always remember elaborate why you are applying for that position   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Two interviews. one is on campus the other is on side
    The on campus one is pretty causal, just make the interviewer know you better. The on side one is pretty stressful. Two interviewers, back to back, asking very detail questions about any kind of things. Also went through the resume as well. But I don't think they really care about what you answers are. At the first 30 seconds, they have decided NOT YOU.