EY

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview Details It had 3 rounds in total. The first one was pretty basic... some aptitude along with a sheet of questions on MS excel. The technical round was easy too. I think they mostly check on attitude and stability(longevity) of a person.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Thiruvananthapuram

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Interview Details They have a very nice office... everyone is free over there...the work culture is very good...
The staff are very friendly, they will be available anytime to help you.

Interview Question – I was only asked general questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be open to themself and let them know your demands, but make sure that your demand does not exceed your dualification

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details 1st round: on campus, with a senior person in a similar position. 45mins. Basic behavioral/experiential questions. Non-technical.

Final Round: 3 back-to-back interviews in their Alpharetta office. The first interview was with a current business analyst, second was with someone in a different department who is non-technical, and the third is with someone with a much more technical background. He/she will ask hard questions. They weren't hard in the sense that they were thought provoking, just ambiguous and poorly worded. There may have been somewhat of a language barrier.

Interview Question – "Please tell me what you can assume about this situation... You work for the only bank in a state and you are trying to figure out how many ATMs the bank should implement."   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Was invited to a face to face interview at their london office. Interview was held with the managing director of the department. Went through a set list of questions that he received from human resources. Very systematic approach as he only asked questions which were on the paper.

Interview Question – How do you feel when you accomplish a target   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details what is your strength and weakness

Interview Question – what do you think if your boss don't like you   Answer Question

Rome (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details Hiring was very straightforward, but I think this is mostly due to the attitude of the local business and HR management at the time

Interview Question – "How much does the Italian Government spend in IT each year? Elaborate"   View Answer

Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details 3 steps: logic tests, interview with HR (just to know eachother), interview with manager (business case, english test, know eachother)

Interview Question – case study   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I only negotiated for the postponing the starting of the job
negotiation was slow (it tooks 2 months) but quite and peaceful

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process is interesting in the sense that it imitates actual work at the company.
The process starts with a not so quick case to be solved, followed by a group presentation.
People are eliminated and the rest of them go to two 1:1 interviews.

The case part is fair and square, and the participants can notice why people were declined by the company. It's pretty obvious.

My interviews lasted longer than the usual 40 minutes because I could develop well. The real "Questions", cases and market sizings were nailed in less than 10 minutes, and the rest of the chat was a chat.

Interview Question – The most dificult or unexpected questions for me are the personal ones. Usually interviewers assume that you have reasons for doing things or being there. I don't. So I have to come up with plausible answers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – São Paulo is terrible for living.

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details Took a long time to respond

Interview Question – Evaluate worth of Instagram   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2011.

Interview Details It was a long interview, (about an hour) considering it was my first job second interview ever. I thought it went well and I was able to handle most if the questions. The questions ranged from my past experiences to religion and ethics. It was a one on one interview and the interviewer was kind of in a rush in the very end. I later found out he was a senior manager.

Interview Question – If you had to follow one religion/belief in life starting from today, which one would it be and why?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.