EY

Updated 20 Jan 2015

3.1

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

on campus interview, one week later result, invited for onsite interview. three half hour interviews in new york office. nice hotel stay. ey professional greeted at the door. took to the floor of interview . waited in the room. interviewer explained about company and work and then went deep into the work ex and projects

Interview Questions
  • didnt expect technical questions and mixed behavioural   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

EY Risk Advisory services

There were 2 rounds .1st with the team 'manager' , and the next with the partner .

In the first round, I was asked about my prior work-ex (in IT sector) .I was then asked about what risks could be expected in a typical procurement process .Told him about supplier risk, quality ,lead time ,etc. Also asked on risks in a NBFC I had mentioned in my resume .I'd worked on Oracle ERP.Was asked whether I knew SAP .Replied in the negative .

The partner round was a test of mental toughness and ability to work under pressure, besides being a technical one .

Q. Which company is at the top in Fortune 500 list ?What is its turnover ?
    Q. Which Indian companies are there in Fortune 500 ?
    Q. What is the typical cost structure of a tech company ?
    A. HR cost .They have the billing rates & no. of people as cost drivers .
    Q. Any other ?
    A. Replied R&D .Tried to justify by saying that although products by Indian tech companies like Infosys (Finacle) were made quite some time ago, R&D has to be incurred to continuously patch it .
    Q. How will you reduce costs in such a firm ?
    Reduce bench strength, poor performers, leased offices rather than on purchased land, use of solution accelerators,etc .

Interview Questions
    • How will you detect payroll fraud for a company ?You can have any data you like .   View Answer
    • If biometric records aren't available ,then any other ways ?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Very simple.. It was easy getting into this company if you have prior Big4 experience. The interviews are normally one round with senior manager and then a partner approval is taken. Normally it is quick process in my opinion.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

around 6 rounds of interviews, 1 apti including excel tests, 1 written test, 3 technical rounds and 1 HR - They test you for your knowledge in excel so make sure you are thorough with basic excel functions and shortcuts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY in August 2014.

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions
    • nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question
    I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

I had applied through its website. Well, I got a call from one of their Directors the next day. Within the next few days, I was invited for an interview in one of their offices (Gurgaon) after 6:30 pm. It was with A Partner and the same Director person. That was it!!!!
    I was asked to wait for sometime for my feedback. Months passed.. I tried to follow up with the Same Director, but with the same answer. " We have not decided yet"... For God's sake, Just tell me a plain no and all of this speculation would end.

Consultant Interview

3 rounds of interview,much grilling on technical questions and previous experience.
    Why Should we hire you,Details of EY as a firm, case study and much focus on skills acquired in previous job and education.
    Also,asks for good knowledge of finance and current affairs

Interview Questions
    • What is that extra ordinary quality in you which makes you different from others?   View Answer
    Not Much negotiation, pre decided

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interviewers were very cordial the i was called for first two rounds of technical interview but no correspondences since then. I found it a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Very technical questions. Good knowledge of the subject is needed. Above all i felt that they test you on how much willing you are to work and what knowledge quotient you possess.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Initial round had questions relating to your resume, details of projects done in the previous organization.
    Basic knowledge about work in the Big 4's.

Technical skills: Analytic aptitude

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

There were 4 rounds. 1. Communication-where i had to speak for a minute on a topic. 2.Written test-most of the questions were based on auditing as i had applied for the assurance dept. & also on sending emails, a few case studies. 3.HR round-friendly pple, most easiest round. 4.Technical round-Be sure u know the acctg stds & auditing stds and ur resume inside out.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if someone in your team is not willing to work because he is just bored   View Answers (2)