EY

Getting the Interview

54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details There were 4 rounds. 1. Communication-where i had to speak for a minute on a topic. 2.Written test-most of the questions were based on auditing as i had applied for the assurance dept. & also on sending emails, a few case studies. 3.HR round-friendly pple, most easiest round. 4.Technical round-Be sure u know the acctg stds & auditing stds and ur resume inside out.

Interview Question – what would you do if someone in your team is not willing to work because he is just bored   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview,much grilling on technical questions and previous experience.
Why Should we hire you,Details of EY as a firm, case study and much focus on skills acquired in previous job and education.
Also,asks for good knowledge of finance and current affairs

Interview Question – What is that extra ordinary quality in you which makes you different from others?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not Much negotiation, pre decided

Ahmedabad

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details I had 3-4 rounds of interviews. They weren't interviews exactly and were more discussion sort of meetings. I discussed with my would-be manager in the first meeting at a client location. Afterwards, I received an email informing me of a Video Conference with Company Partner in my service line. He was very supportive throughout the discussion.

Interview Question – Why did I get low score in my Class 12 examination ?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Interviewers were very cordial the i was called for first two rounds of technical interview but no correspondences since then. I found it a bit unprofessional.

Interview Question – Very technical questions. Good knowledge of the subject is needed. Above all i felt that they test you on how much willing you are to work and what knowledge quotient you possess.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Initial round had questions relating to your resume, details of projects done in the previous organization.
Basic knowledge about work in the Big 4's.

Technical skills: Analytic aptitude

Interview Question – Instance of leadership in your previous project   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Quick call, meet with partners

Negotiation Details – Negotiate timelines and salary, despite the pressure. everything is flexible.

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details 5 rounds of interview: HR Telephonic , G.D , Written , Technical 1 , Technical 2

Interview Question – major differences between US GAAP and Indian AS   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – there was none

Ahmedabad

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview. I was asked HR questions in all 3

Calcutta

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2011.

Interview Details I had a HR round and than an interview with the partner. But it was a one off case.
Normally after HR round you shall have interview rounds with
A) HR round - It is not much of consequence. In the end partners are who decide. HR is there to fill forms, and give you offer letter.
1) Manager / Sr. manager (technical)
2) Associate Director / Director (semi-technical with more emphasis on technical)
3) Partner (depends upon the partners)

Negotiation Details – They gave me a joining bonus. Normally if you are being interviewed for Manager, you shall be first offered the post of Sr. Consultant (one step lower in hierarchy) unless you have a good experience for that post. Keep on negotiating and they shall relent. I got a joining bonus.

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in December 2010.

Interview Details The selection process comprised of 2 rounds
Round 1 - A group discussion with 12 fellow batch-mates of my Institute
Round 2 - A 1:1 interview based on shortlisting of the previous Group Discussion round.

Interview Question – I was given a puzzle which tested my analytical abilities and had to solve it in 10 secs.
The puzzle was that there are 61 tennis players, where each plays the other only once and the loser of the match is out of the championship. How many no. of matches need to be played to get a single winner?
  View Answers (4)

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Consultant interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.