EY Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

3.1

Consultant Interview

Interview

on campus interview, one week later result, invited for onsite interview. three half hour interviews in new york office. nice hotel stay. ey professional greeted at the door. took to the floor of interview . waited in the room. interviewer explained about company and work and then went deep into the work ex and projects

Interview Questions

• didnt expect technical questions and mixed behavioural   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (Gurgaon, Haryana) in January 2015.

Interview

EY Risk Advisory services

There were 2 rounds .1st with the team 'manager' , and the next with the partner .

In the first round, I was asked about my prior work-ex (in IT sector) .I was then asked about what risks could be expected in a typical procurement process .Told him about supplier risk, quality ,lead time ,etc. Also asked on risks in a NBFC I had mentioned in my resume .I'd worked on Oracle ERP.Was asked whether I knew SAP .Replied in the negative .

The partner round was a test of mental toughness and ability to work under pressure, besides being a technical one .

Q. Which company is at the top in Fortune 500 list ?What is its turnover ?
    Q. Which Indian companies are there in Fortune 500 ?
    Q. What is the typical cost structure of a tech company ?
    A. HR cost .They have the billing rates & no. of people as cost drivers .
    Q. Any other ?
    A. Replied R&D .Tried to justify by saying that although products by Indian tech companies like Infosys (Finacle) were made quite some time ago, R&D has to be incurred to continuously patch it .
    Q. How will you reduce costs in such a firm ?
    Reduce bench strength, poor performers, leased offices rather than on purchased land, use of solution accelerators,etc .

Interview Questions

• How will you detect payroll fraud for a company ?You can have any data you like .   1 Answer
    • If biometric records aren't available ,then any other ways ?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Very simple.. It was easy getting into this company if you have prior Big4 experience. The interviews are normally one round with senior manager and then a partner approval is taken. Normally it is quick process in my opinion.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

Interview

around 6 rounds of interviews, 1 apti including excel tests, 1 written test, 3 technical rounds and 1 HR - They test you for your knowledge in excel so make sure you are thorough with basic excel functions and shortcuts

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New Delhi) in November 2014.

Interview

Firstly there was a Gd round followed by a personal interview . The GD topics were simple but they were more focused on your speaking skills. I got through the GD but was rejected in the PI. I am from an engineering background so they kept on asking why i wanted to join as a consultant

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY (Mumbai) in August 2014.

Interview

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions

• nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY (Gurgaon, Haryana) in June 2014.

Interview

I had applied through its website. Well, I got a call from one of their Directors the next day. Within the next few days, I was invited for an interview in one of their offices (Gurgaon) after 6:30 pm. It was with A Partner and the same Director person. That was it!!!!
    I was asked to wait for sometime for my feedback. Months passed.. I tried to follow up with the Same Director, but with the same answer. " We have not decided yet"... For God's sake, Just tell me a plain no and all of this speculation would end.

Consultant Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview,much grilling on technical questions and previous experience.
    Why Should we hire you,Details of EY as a firm, case study and much focus on skills acquired in previous job and education.
    Also,asks for good knowledge of finance and current affairs

Interview Questions

• What is that extra ordinary quality in you which makes you different from others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not Much negotiation, pre decided

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

Interviewers were very cordial the i was called for first two rounds of technical interview but no correspondences since then. I found it a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions. Good knowledge of the subject is needed. Above all i felt that they test you on how much willing you are to work and what knowledge quotient you possess.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

Initial round had questions relating to your resume, details of projects done in the previous organization.
    Basic knowledge about work in the Big 4's.

Technical skills: Analytic aptitude